DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

What I would like your advise/help with if you dont mind is which of the mj pumps should I get and I'm confused as to the piping sizes,eg you say 10mm pipe and the shop has 12mm or 16mm,and it does not say what size the outlet of the pump is so I could look online for piping.Maybe I just havent looked properly lol!

Is every thing available at grns?

Your grow is amazing by the way and I hope you dont mind if I plagiarize the right hand side of your tent!

Hey SB thanks for your comments bud, much appreciated :smokin:

Regarding the MJ pumps, i have a mj750 in 1 res and a mj1000 in the other res, both do the job fine and i barely notice a difference between them, either of those will be fine.

The sizing for the 10mm pipe might not actually be 10mm lol i had the pipe laying around from a 10 pod recirculating bubbler system i was gonna make, just get the dude in the growshop to open a MJ pump and see if he has the pipe that fits it while your in there :wink: It may be 12mm im not really sure.

Im not sure if greens stock everything m8 so cant help you with that one.

Cheers dude :yinyang:

'The saint'............... 'You are'......

Thats just saved me £'s on my stupid arse scheme, getting 50 odd of this and thirty odd of that 'T's, barbed crosses, barbed ends, the lot'

Man I can afford this soon, fckn A,

This was my last hurdle.

You've made it dead simple, I had plans of all my tubing spliting off with T's, crosses, ends,'was a headfuck', thanks mate, you've just made things so easy to sort out, i can be on this as soon as.............

Thats my crimbo presie...........

'Nice One'!!!!!...........

Cheers ALLBUDZ for your comments :D

Glad you like it m8, it doesnt get any simpler than this and the beauty with it is theres no joins anywhere except for in your res & where the 4mm tubing joins the blue drippers which is above your pot! thus meaning no unwanted leaks anywhere ;)

Glad to have helped

TS :yinyang:

Cheers mate,got the mj500 (no pre filter tho,where can I get one?) ,it was in stock and i only need 4 drip lines,if it dont cut it I'll get a bigger one after xmas,saying that my res prob won't be here for a while anyway.

On a side note,I know there are other threads for this but wanted your opinion,,,I have always liked the look of parabolics but heard a lot about poor light penetration,then after seeing your grow,within a week I had one! Thing is my tent is the 120 with a 600w and since fitting it,everything halfway down looks punier to me at 30 days 12 12 than when the aircooled was in. Do you think your success is down to the crossing of light spread from 2 paras?

I love the spread of light but am wondering if maybe they don't do too good in a single tent?

Oh and if any body out there uses Hesi coco nutes with a drip set up like this,is it possible to monitor the res with my bluelab,at the min I hand water and just go off ml/l as the ec of the coco bloom looked a bit iffy to me,it does say you can use EC meters with coco bloom but seems to me like I need a lot just to get a 1.2ec,and I dont want to be pouring huge amounts into a res that reads weak but actually isn't?

thanks for the help,sorry for the rambling!

Hi again SB, if it were me m8 id stick with the Parabolic dude, ive never looked back since i put them up, great shades!!!

Not sure where you heard the Parabolics wernt that good :unsure: im sure loads of folk on here would disagree, take a look at other grows with them dude, best shade ive used so far for sure.

Some people moan about how deep they are and you lose some height, but if you take into account that you can get the shade right ontop of the canopy instead of having to be 18inches away, you gain the height back!

TS :yinyang:

I'm defo gonna give it a chance mate,when I was looking into getting 1 there were charts and output numbers on various forums saying they were barely better than the eurowings,I had the sun system air cooled but it bleached anything directly under the bulb,even at the distance recommended of an open reflector.

I had to change any way because it was 21c lights on! I got the adjustawing ....31c lights on! Got the parabolic ..27c. :skin_up:

Any way,just waiting for a res to turn up and I'm gonna give your setup a go,..but...If I choose to run the 16mm feed pipe from the pump(outside tent)in through the back of the tent and then put 4mm feed lines to 4 pots,would it flood as you have the extra littl pipe in the res?

If I choose to run the 16mm feed pipe from the pump(outside tent)in through the back of the tent and then put 4mm feed lines to 4 pots,would it flood as you have the extra littl pipe in the res?

The reason i use a short bit of bigger piping is the 4mm feed lines are much easier to route thru the side of your tent than the rigid pipe.

Its also so if there are any leaks, the leaks would be either going back into the res or going into your pots, no connections anywhere else :yinyang:

As long as you have that extra tubing on it shouldnt flood as when the pump turns off that extra tube lets air into the system, just make sure this extra tube is always above the water level in your res & jobs a good un :skin_up:

• Like 1

Cool,I guess anti-flood is wise due to being upstairs,its just that I've got 10m of supply pipe and 4 ready assembled 80cm 4mm drippers,but I just ordered more 4mm pipe so all is still good,cheers again for the help mate.Do you cover your res or just leave it open air,as I know some water will evaporate thus increasing the strength of the nutes,which is fine if I wasn't using Hesi coco so I can't adjust by EC readings,any ideas?

Ps I got 5l of the stuff so different nutes is a last resort!

Cool,I guess anti-flood is wise due to being upstairs,its just that I've got 10m of supply pipe and 4 ready assembled 80cm 4mm drippers,but I just ordered more 4mm pipe so all is still good,cheers again for the help mate.Do you cover your res or just leave it open air,as I know some water will evaporate thus increasing the strength of the nutes,which is fine if I wasn't using Hesi coco so I can't adjust by EC readings,any ideas?

Ps I got 5l of the stuff so different nutes is a last resort!

No worries :stoned:

My res just sits uncovered m8 as it sits in the darkness of the attic

Ive never used Hesi nutes dude so i cant really comment. Not really sure why you cant adjust EC readings?? why not?? :unsure:

It's true I know from my days of using coco that hesi TNT (grow) doesn't show on the ec meter which is fine if ya hand watering but like you say won't be if you're using a res, stupid really but that's how it is, the bloom does but not the grow :headpain:

Edited by CannabisKing

[quote

Ive never used Hesi nutes dude so i cant really comment. Not really sure why you cant adjust EC readings?? why not?? :unsure:

Just what I heard a lot of people saying mate,also very different EC levels than I was used to with GHE nutes.I heard that the HESI nutes have organic N which won't register.

So Cannabis King,are you saying from personal experience that the Hesi coco orange bottle WILL work with my EC meter,I hand water the veg tent with the TNT so not a prob but I do want to use the res for flowering.

Saint I was asking about the lid more so for evaporation than light as my room is dark anyway.

Cheers guys :hi:

Nice one mate,at least I can check if any water has evaporated off,I would have just got Canna or something but got new 5l bottles of TNT and Coco!

Made up some coco bloom in RO,20ml in 5ltrs,gives an EC of1.0, that sound about right? :unsure:

I'm not sure mate as I never used ec with me hand watering as I wouldn't be able to measure the uptake unless they were in a res anyhow, I just started the millage low and gradually increased it but I do know the bloom shows up on the meter.

Heres what Greens say..

The thing to be aware of is using TNT makes it impossible to get an EC reading as the nitrogen in the TNT is organic and as such does not conduct electricity, making it impossible to use an EC meter. However as Hesi is quite a forgiving nutrient, using it at a dilution is fairly safe.

We recommend starting on a lower concentration initially, so 25ml/10L for clones, then 35ml/10L in the first week and 50ml/10L in the second, depending on the response of your plants.

Once you are using the Hesi Coco feed for flowering plants your EC meter will work normally so using the grow schedule as a guide should present no problems.

• 1 month later...

TheSaint!!!

I'm coming back to you on this one as my set ups very similar to yours but I can't get to the end without burnt leaves that start from about week 4/5.

What EC do you run typically? Do you find you need a much lower EC with this method?

Do you ever leach/flush them through?

Or do you just feed for 4 mins once a day end of??

Also do you ever heat your res?

Just trying to weed out where I'm going wrong.

TheSaint!!!

I'm coming back to you on this one as my set ups very similar to yours but I can't get to the end without burnt leaves that start from about week 4/5.

What EC do you run typically? Do you find you need a much lower EC with this method?

Do you ever leach/flush them through?

Or do you just feed for 4 mins once a day end of??

Also do you ever heat your res?

Just trying to weed out where I'm going wrong.

Yo Bluez m8, my ec is usually around 1.6/1.7 sometimes creeping up to 1.8, i try not to let it go above that tho

Ye dude 4 or 5mins a day n thats it

ALWAYS have a heater on in my res, set to roughly 18/19c

hope that helps fella :yinyang: