DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

How do saint, can you explain the last hole that puts back in the tank please? Don't get why you need that when you have it timed/dosed as you want?

Cheers pal.

The extra tube is so that when the timer turns off it doesn't continue watering due to phyphoning from the res, it lets air get in to stop the flow.

One BIG comment I'd make... I've had HUGE issues with salt build up so make sure you can have plenty of run off if your setting these up full time.

• Like 4

Nice one Bluez, I'm a menace. :)

Surely the salt will come from too much nutes going in? I've used h&g drip clean on my last coco run and its spot on. The crust that forms and keeps the coco in place hasn't even happened, it's nice and fresh.

The saints tent bottom looks like the Great Barrier Reef, but the plants are fine and dandy?

lol

• Like 2

The saints tent bottom looks like the Great Barrier Reef, but the plants are fine and dandy?

lol

:rofl:

E2a...Sweet little How too and will use it in the Future no doubt :yinyang:

Edited by Swiftygreen

Nice one Bluez, I'm a menace. :)

Surely the salt will come from too much nutes going in? I've used h&g drip clean on my last coco run and its spot on. The crust that forms and keeps the coco in place hasn't even happened, it's nice and fresh.

lol

Yeah I don't know how mine are so bad when compared to his, my only guess is that he has had better run off? The salts on his floor rather then in the pots like mine???

Any Salt based Nutes is going to do that if left to dry out as the Salts aren't being absorbed by anything...

I'm going to use the above Drip Clear and it's My first bash as Coco just to keep My Feeding gear tip top but seem's it might help on Salt build ups elsewhere too which can't be a bad thing :yinyang:

Edited by Swiftygreen

Any Salt based Nutes is going to do that if left to dry out as the Salts aren't being absorbed by anything...

I'm going to use the above Drip Clear and it's My first bash as Coco just to keep My Feeding gear tip top but seem's it might help on Salt build ups elsewhere too which can't be a bad thing :yinyang:

Just re-read and he only uses 6.5L pots (I used 15L), I'd say stick with smaller, I don't think you need big pot with coco as your feeding so regularly.

• Like 1

How do saint, can you explain the last hole that puts back in the tank please? Don't get why you need that when you have it timed/dosed as you want?

Cheers pal.

Bluez pretty much answered that question Budelaire, its to stop your whole res slowly draining into your flower room by letting air in when the pump switches off! (it happened to me before) we learn from our mistakes and all that amigo lol

lol

:rofl::rofl:

i know i need to sort this out, it must have been well over a year ago i cleaned the bottom of my room out properly and even then i just swept up lol il get it into the bath after this grow & clean it properly (he says) lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey TheSaint, I've been given the following key to make holes in the pipe to connect the dripper lines. Previously I just used scissors, which had lil leaks here n there. The problem im having is it took me 5mins for 1 hole and a sore hand after. I have to keep poking, twisting and forcing the key as hard as possible. Is there a easier way?

med_gallery_67331_4198_73533.jpg

drill it or push harder u fuckin pussy...lol

lol

Hi dude, if its a tough 10mm pipe your using try heating it up a little with your lighter, or you could get a nail, heat that up and poke it through.

Never had a problem myself making the holes, just make sure you dont go thru the other side if using a nail :yinyang:

• 2 weeks later...

Great info there Saint,you have totaly made my mind up to give drippers a go. I already love coco and at the moment have 2 hempy cocos on the go.They are about 4th week of 12/12 and I must say I love coco but hate mixin fresh nutes every day,sometimes twice if the veggers need some!

You also made my mind up to change from my air cooled hood to a parabolic.It has only been up a week so not sure yet if it gonna work as well.

I have tried with the hempys to do 2 large (8week veg) plants to try and keep plant count low,but am in a 1.2 tent,so even topped it is a pain to try and keep a canopy and get penetration whilst utilizing the full tent.

So as much as the hemps are great I think maybe 4 x 6.5 ltr square pots would giv me better coverage.Basically my tent looks like half of yours,only with 1 tall OG Kush and 1 shorter Ketama with the parabolic right at the top,so I think I am loosing lotsa light.

Any way,sorry for the rant but I just ad a mix of SLH and SKno1 so I a bit hyper!

What I would like your advise/help with if you dont mind is which of the mj pumps should I get and I'm confused as to the piping sizes,eg you say 10mm pipe and the shop has 12mm or 16mm,and it does not say what size the outlet of the pump is so I could look online for piping.Maybe I just havent looked properly lol!

Is every thing available at grns?

Your grow is amazing by the way and I hope you dont mind if I plagiarize the right hand side of your tent!

'The saint'............... 'You are'......

Thats just saved me £'s on my stupid arse scheme, getting 50 odd of this and thirty odd of that 'T's, barbed crosses, barbed ends, the lot'

Man I can afford this soon, fckn A,

This was my last hurdle.

You've made it dead simple, I had plans of all my tubing spliting off with T's, crosses, ends,'was a headfuck', thanks mate, you've just made things so easy to sort out, i can be on this as soon as.............

Thats my crimbo presie...........

'Nice One'!!!!!...........

Edited by ALLBUDZ
  • Like 1