DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

Reckon the Maxijet 1000 could run 16x4-5m lines?

Why not just run 2 so theres only 8 lines on each pump?

Thats what im doing at the moment & its all fine & dandy

Expensive time of the year at the moment unfortunately. I do want to set up two separate butts, pumps and feed lines for separate strains eventually, trying to make do with what I can get for now though. I do have a big old Hozelock water butt pump lying unused, could that be suitable?

I've finally had a bash at this and it failed... used an Haliea pump though, so will be getting a maxijet and trying again. Bottomfeeding atm. lol

Guest EvilMouse

What's the deal with bottom feeding?

Don't all the salt in the nutes just stay in the pot then?

I'm making a sloped table at the end of next week for the change over so instead of having trays to collect the run off it'll be changed to a run to waste

I've finally had a bash at this and it failed... used an Haliea pump though, so will be getting a maxijet and trying again. Bottomfeeding atm. lol

How come it failed m8, what happened?

it wasn't very consistent in delivery, all i was doing was using 4x5m equal length lines, a 650ltr/h pump and just resting the lines in the four trays. It wouldn't seem to output equally and then one was more off than on and one of the other 3 was also not as consistent. It seemed like dropping the lines force started it but i t would die pressure wise vs the others.

So I'm just jugging 10ltr per tray every other day atm, plus a top feed when they need it.

Expensive time of the year at the moment unfortunately. I do want to set up two separate butts, pumps and feed lines for separate strains eventually, trying to make do with what I can get for now though. I do have a big old Hozelock water butt pump lying unused, could that be suitable?

I was meaning run two pumps from the same res m8, thats what i do

it wasn't very consistent in delivery, all i was doing was using 4x5m equal length lines, a 650ltr/h pump and just resting the lines in the four trays. It wouldn't seem to output equally and then one was more off than on and one of the other 3 was also not as consistent. It seemed like dropping the lines force started it but i t would die pressure wise vs the others.

So I'm just jugging 10ltr per tray every other day atm, plus a top feed when they need it.

Im gutted its not working for you m8, i dont know what to say, its worked fine for me for 3yrs now, maybe try a mj1000 & see how it is then, let me know how you get on

TS

Guest EvilMouse

I've just brought all the bits to set this up for my mate after Xmas.

You can get the adjustable sprinkler drippers.

Will the maxijet 1000 be able to cope with 10 3m lines do you think?

I've just brought all the bits to set this up for my mate after Xmas.

You can get the adjustable sprinkler drippers.

Will the maxijet 1000 be able to cope with 10 3m lines do you think?

I would think so m8, im currently running 8 lines per pump (mj1000) with 4m lines & all is good, never had a problem

@TheSaint Sorry I was unclear, being skint and already having the water butt pump meant I'm unable to buy two maxijet pumps. I set up the 2,000 lph water butt pump with a T shape of 13mm pipe and an 8 way manifold on each side of the T shape, all kept within the 100L water butt. From the 16 x 4mm feed lines there are 13 x 5m feed lines and the spare 3 are cut at 12" or so and kept inside the water butt. It all seems to work fine at the moment although I have two different types of 4mm feed line, I had to visit a growell store and ended up having half and half of their hard and soft lines. Does anyone know whether this will be fine or would I be better off having the same line all round, I understand the fat/soft line is better for a high pressure pump?

@TheSaint Sorry I was unclear, being skint and already having the water butt pump meant I'm unable to buy two maxijet pumps. I set up the 2,000 lph water butt pump with a T shape of 13mm pipe and an 8 way manifold on each side of the T shape, all kept within the 100L water butt. From the 16 x 4mm feed lines there are 13 x 5m feed lines and the spare 3 are cut at 12" or so and kept inside the water butt. It all seems to work fine at the moment although I have two different types of 4mm feed line, I had to visit a growell store and ended up having half and half of their hard and soft lines. Does anyone know whether this will be fine or would I be better off having the same line all round, I understand the fat/soft line is better for a high pressure pump?

Stick both types in a measuring jug one at a time for a minute and check the same amount comes out.

I use the soft lines m8

Guest EvilMouse

Right, I've rigged it all up. The drippers don't seem to have much pressure but I assume that's all they do?, just drip? lol

Just a couple of quick questions.

Does the coco not get dry patches when using drippers? Or does it act like a sponge and even itself out?

And I've got the mj1000 in the bottom of a water butt at about a meter deep. Would it be better to have the 13mm pipe longer to reach the top? Or does it not matter?

I've got 8 x 3m lines.

dry patches depend on pot size,i found wide square pots need 2 drippers per pot,the smaller ones usualy the one.but still ive seen dry patches in both pot sizes,also depends how much ur ladies r taking.

i used to have to on occasion top all mi pots up wi a jug so they got a good soaking thru.

Guest EvilMouse

Ah thanks mate.

Ive ordered the same blue drippers instead to try and adjust it.

Mine are in 11L pots. I see in this picture below that you have 2 drippers per pot. Do you have to do that?

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=209263

Can you tee off 1 pipe and put 2 drippers on the end?

Edited by EvilMouse