badbillybob

40 minutes ago, Herbi said:

Why not just have the 2 lights on constantly or use 2 ballasts? 

wheres the challenge in that? 

more coverage of the plant for less wattage of light, thats why

• Like 4

That just sounds like madness tbh mate. If you got a spare ballast then just set each for 6 hours or use 2 smaller lights at the same time. I assume you're going to scrog this beast?

• Like 2

why does it "just sound like madness".

its a proven method, the guy has grown a 72 ounce monster using this "madness". 1500 watts for 2.4 kilos is madness is it?, thats 1.6 gram per watt - for the record.

i might end up using 2 ballasts, but would rather try something new,.... 

And no im not scrogging it. 

Tell you what- if  it all goes tits up, you can come back and rub my nose in it. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

thought about a light mover?

ive used these in the past, but never had one which didnt fuck up at some point so i kinda avoid them .they always seem to stick at one end of the rail. 

maybe i was unlucky, i dunno. They were good when they worked mind...

Well im not convinced enough in the relays to go with the  flip flop , Electro goddess isnt either,

its all to do with the changeover, from light 1 to light 2 

with the digi ballast going from one hot 600 watt lamp to another, without using some fancy shit to delay the switchover. it all sounds like too much grief,

so to keep it simple and avoid further possible issues ,instead of using 2 x 600s for the sides on flip flop i will be using the 2 x  275w LEDs for side lighting, on constant, with a 600 overhead. the 275 leds  draw 240 from the wall so total should be 1080 watts.  

i could put 600s at the side, and one over the top (1800w),  but its not much of a challenge if i just hit it with loads of light is it?

SO as well as hopefully hitting a kilo, im also aiming for a gpw...........:fart:

Nothing like optimism eh?

p.s. i reserve the right to change my mind at any time between now and harvest day lol

• Like 13

double post, apologies. 

snce im here tho, the leds im thinking of putting vertically at the sides.

they are around 1 metre by about 500 so should work fairly well.

i cant wait to get this started. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Well im not convinced enough in the relays to go with the  flip flop , Electro goddess isnt either

I had a little play with my relays and spare led boards this morning, I can flip flop using 1 driver between 2 sets of boards ok, would have to use a timer before the driver for the dark period tho.

I like the idea of a moving light source to make the plants work for it just like in the garden but  like you i don't like the idea of hot drivers switching to cold boards. Not sure i have the stones to try it out with HPS equipment either :D

Will have to look up this grow you speak off, i am more than curious now :yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

the 275 leds  draw 240 from the wall

Why are they advertising it as a 275 watt light when it only draws 240? sounds like the same bullshit you see with these other lights that are cheap 1000 watts but only uses 100 at the wall I mean come on lol be nice to see what these panels can do anyway, there's always enough interest in them being a more "affordable" option.

I've seen some of HR's grows and they are amazing, will you be building a cage to grow vertically or are you just going to do one horizontal screen as per? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Why are they advertising it as a 275 watt light when it only draws 240? sounds like the same bullshit you see with these other lights that are cheap 1000 watts but only uses 100 at the wall I mean come on lol be nice to see what these panels can do anyway, there's always enough interest in them being a more "affordable" option.

I've seen some of HR's grows and they are amazing, will you be building a cage to grow vertically or are you just going to do one horizontal screen as per? 

to be honest maybe it is 275 watts, i went on thier website and it said 275, then the description said 240, so i dont know.

its not much different, unlike mars 1000w panels which are actually 300w, but i will see what its like when it arrives. 

im gonna have to use something to stop it falling over. im not gonna do any cages or screens  i will probably do a timber 2x1 rail around it and plonk a net over the  whole shebang, just to stop the buds from crashing down when they get big.

HRs got a few grows on youtube, but not really his tree grows, still impressive. 

heres one 

• Like 5

cool, thanks Mate, im as excited as a noob on my first adventure...

this is gonna be good, i can tell....

Thanks mate..

• Like 6