badbillybob

You'll need a wood chipper to shred all those stalks and stems come harvest!. lol

Best of luck to you badbillybob :yep:

• Like 5

This is going to be interesting. I think every one of us has thought about it. Nice one stepping up.  Sweep stake on trunk diameter? 

Been doing some research on this, looking up some of my growing heros' old adventures (HeathRobinson). and holeee  fark im gonna have to up my game.

he did one at 76 ounces, with 1500w of lighting (altho it was  flip flop lighting)  

he did 50 odd zips with 900 watts too......

Anyone know anything  about flip flop relays?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Anyone know anything  about flip flop relays?

i know a little about a little :smokin: what you looking to do with them? 

• Like 1

What the hell is flip flop lighting?

I'm sure that heathrobinson was on overgrow. He was here for awhile too I recall.

Best of luck with the kilo badbillybob. No secateurs are gonna cut through that stem, maybe time to look for a chainsaw lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

i know a little about a little :smokin: what you looking to do with them? 

flip flop lighting is simply using one ballast to illuminate 2 lights on a timer, so one is on for say 6 hours, then it flip flops over to the other for 6 hours.

im a bit wary if the digi ballast could take the loads from one hot light to a cold light twice a day, might be better with a magnetic one, but anyway..

this is what im looking for, a relay the same as this onelarge.flip1.jpg

and this is the basic wiring layout, but not showing any earths. large.flip2.jpg

Any idea on where i can find one, because ive trawled the net, with no success.

• Like 3

at the risk of sounding a right twat today :smokin:

i use these relays, i was under the impression i could use the normally closed port to flip flop like you want to ?

large.relay.JPG

• Like 2

That looks a bit complicated.

well, ive got to be honest like, ive zero idea, electrics are my kryptonite

i know very little about electrics to be honest. like i can wire a plug, but after that i need to be shown, especially with resisters, relays and stuff that can either kill me or fry my gear/house

i noticed yours say 10A 250v, the ones he used are 30a 300v.

i dunno, ive got a go to girl, who helped me with my twin variac fan controller and helped me design a diy flood and drain system ill maybe hit her up and ask nicely.

Shes a electics/programing/stuff that can kill me goddess.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

If i had the slightest idea about what you were on about i might be able to answer that

edit to add, ive had a look, but no its not what im looking for, but thanks anyway

Edited by badbillybob

Ah sorry :) 

I use a TP-Link smart power plug(s) instead of a timer. They plug into the wall and connect to wifi, you can then configure when they come on/off on a schedule. They also do a strip, which I think would be a way to achieve a relay without having to brave any electrics.

no mate, the 2 lights are run off one ballasts so it needs to be a switchable relay/contactor, i reckon.

ive messaged my electrics voodoo hoodoo goddess.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

Square D Relay 8501 G0-40-8501 GO-40 8501GO40 AC 300V 10A

that picks up some stuff on the bay for me, although it all looks ancient

I reckon the goddess will come back with a much more up-to date method. It can't be too hard to divert power from one bulb to another you would of thought :yinyang: 

• Like 2

i need a relay apparently, a power relay, RPF2BP7 one.

ive also found out that the contactor i showed is now unavailable, unless it comes from the USA.

Bollox......i will wait and see what the goddess says, i can tell her its for grow lamp ballasts, but its a bit more tricky trying to explain your way around these things when tech support are asking what its for etc. much winging it  was done....but i think i got away with it.

• Like 1