badbillybob

Hello there everyone.

ive been growing out Dinafem beans since i started growing, and honestly, can hand on heart tell you that ive yet to be dissapointed in any of the strains  that i have done.

Just lately my growing has been going off a bit, lost my mojo, gone a bit stale, ive not been as enthusiastic as usual about my favourite hobby, and have had more than my fair share of dissasters...just have a look at my outdoor threads, or my breeding fiascos,  as usual.

So ive decided that what i need is a challenge.........

a real challenge............ a real big challenge.........real BIG

Soooooo, ive decided that for my next grow, im going to try and beat my previous personal best, and im gonna try and get ONE KILO  of dried buds,.............. from a single plant........

Yes, you heard it first here, ......the kilo challenge is on...ive said it now, so i better make it happen.

my previous personal best was 760 grams from one, but this time we are going big or going home.

Growing huge plants indoors isnt as straight forward as just veging them for ages and letting rip, these will be dependant on timings for everything, toppings, lighting and nutrient schedules and environment need to absolutely bang on. Any mistakes can prove costly...

The strain choice is Dinafems BIG Kush, a strain which ive grown previously , which surprised me in just how massive it got, and how good the bud was from it (the two are normally not exclusive). Every one of my mates who smoked it agreed that it was a belter, and it improved massively after a good cure. 

Dinafem Mark has very generously agreed to front the beans for this adventure, and im going to try my damnedest to make the KILO  happen.  its been a long standing ambition of mine, just to see if i could do it...fingers crossed etc

we will be popping the beans as soon as they land and vegging for about 10 weeds in the rdwc.

i tell you now, this is gonna be EPIC....there will be more info in the diary, so keep yer eyes peeled for the diary starting

Go BIG or go home, as Guy Martin would say....

Trees for life, as i would say 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 40

I'll be watching out for this. Heard nothing but gd about marks beans I hope u can pull it of sounds like a fun adventure !

• Like 3

A kg per plant is a hefty task, but if anyone can pull it off it is @badbillybob :yep:

Big plants with even bigger plants to come, let's do this  :headbang:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 9

This Will be epic 

Good luck will be keeping a close eye on this one for sure 

Going to be some ride ahead 

• Like 6

Sounds fun dude, what sort of sized space will you be using? Looking forward to seeing this grow out :yinyang:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, golf.007 said:

Sounds fun dude, what sort of sized space will you be using? Looking forward to seeing this grow out :yinyang:

ive got about 4 metres by about 2 metres to play with, ceiling height is 2.5 metres.

i will be using vert lighting most probably, 

cheers, should be fun....

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

Just lately my growing has been going off a bit, lost my mojo

i know what you mean, been in a funk myself, went back to organic and things have improved greatly. ive ran the big kush excellent choice for this challenge she throws out some big nugs..

good luck bbb, sometimes a good challenge will get you focused again :smokin:

sam

• Like 5

Man im following this cant wait to see the journey you take with a single plant and how to tackle any problems 

• Like 3

@badbillybob Out of curiosity, what feed will you be using this run?

As @samhigh said, organics could be a good option? 

Thats said Maybe you wouldn't get the yield your after? 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 4

Organics is no option for me im afraid, not after  all the grief ive had with different composts, no no no........im gonna stick with what i know Mark, mate, hydro , and nutrients just the basics.

Im not planning on using loads of lighting either, will probably be a 600 watter hps/mh, and a couple of 270watt LED boards im waiting on.

They are invisible sun ISH 265 pro boards using samsung lm301H , they have an output PPF of 0.56 umol/s, and 2.6umol/j,  and they provide  Average PPFD 844.72 umols/M2 S. wattage draw from the wall is 270w each, ive got 2 of them coming.

One is a loaner from a mate (exact same board)  who is always going on about leds being great and hes used every light type going, The other one is from Invisible sun to trial for a grow , so thank you very much to them for the opportunity.

Anyone who knows me will know that if they dont perform i will say so,........... im not shy that way

The plan is to use the following ;

Ionic grow, bloom, at probably no more than 1.2ec.

ionic pk,

growth tech silicone and

canna cal mag. ph down.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 6

@badbillybob How could we forget the soil fiasco lol

Hydro I think is the way forward especially when trying to hit a crazy yield  :headbang:

Mark..

• Like 2