Shed Build

stu914

10 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Tidy job mate all round you don't bodge a thing do you! :yep:

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks bud, I've built a few over the years and learnt from my many mistakes...just waiting for the next bite on the arse...:rofl:

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Good stuff!  I loved the fridge grow :)

It reminds me of the 60cm x 40cm x 60cm nono grow-tent I have been using until now, but obviously you had enough room in the fridge to grow some better plants.

Cheers for the advice @stu914 your profile picture is so memorable, I have to keep checking your screen name lest I call you Old Goat ;)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 18/07/2020 at 8:36 PM, stu914 said:

@sweettooth

Here ya go bud...:yep:

This how I've built an insulated room inside the shed and kitted it out.

The shed is 5m x 2m (approx)... height:- lowest point 2m, highest point 2.2m.

My grow bud is a sparks and installed a new ring main and junction box, with 4 double sockets in the grow area about 1m high on the walls, out of harms way.

The build

I boarded three sides with 9mm osb board completely covering two large windows and one wall, then built a stud wall with a lift-off door across the remaining side.

The whole area was then studded wth 3x2 cls timber on 60mm centres, fully insulated (inc ceiling) with 50mm celotex and finished with more 9mm osb,

couple of coats of flat white emulsion to finish off. This left me with a space 2m x 1.6m

Environment

By chance there was an existing vent in the top of one corner which I enlarged to 6" for the outtake.

I then cut a 12" passive intake in the stud wall and another in the shed wall to the outside. This outside vent can be linked to the intake or blocked off

and gives me the option of intaking warmer air from the shed in winter and cooler from outside in summer.

Vents covered with cooker hood filter material, which may reduce airflow slightly but keeps light in and bugs out.

Systemair 6" revolution vector ec fan and GAS controller with balanced 660 x 60 Carboair carbon filter, phonic ducting to keep noise to a minimum.

12" oscillating fan, thermostatically controlled oil filled radiator.

Lighting

I've already got the scope 150 from dial-a-duck in the growfridge and it's produced top results, so I've installed a scope 550 to cover a 1.2m x 1.2m space

in the new room. (Top class job from Adam as usual ) This leaves room inside the area to work round the plants and store all the bits and pieces.

System

I've used several systems in the past and this is a combination of a couple...

1m x 1m flood and drain table with top feed 'open flow drippers'...two spouts per pot...both on timers.

I cut a 1m2 piece of surplus osb board and covered it with black and white plastic sheeting both sides. Then cut 9 x 100mm holes in the board to fit 100mm mesh pots.

These are the final pots for the whole grow, they're filled with clay pebbles and suspended in the holes about 2" above the tray of the flood and drain.

Top feeding will allow the roots to grow through the mesh and onto the tray beneath which is flooded periodically, this negates the need for a chiller in summer

and as the nutes are heated will keep roots warm in winter. Once the timings are tweaked I should get insane oxygen levels in the root zone.

I expect to have everything up and running on a test in the next few days before introducing the plants...

I took 12 cuts from a Gorilla Girl on the 12th and now have 10 showing roots so they're ready to go.

Well if you've managed to wade through this lot and want to comment (good or bad I really don't give a shit..:rofl:.).... please do...:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 19/01/2021 at 8:23 PM, stu914 said:

For all of you in tears through lack of visuals...here ya go...

First one out...partition wall across the shed with the lift-off insulated door (same build as the wall)

large.SSCN0910.JPG

The door is so heavy these casters along the bottom make lifting it on and off a breeze...:yep:

large.SSCN0906.JPG

The whole room has a dexion frame all round which gives me plenty of places to hang stuff...

It's good gear, very strong and not touching the walls which keeps any vibration noise to a minimum.

large.SSCN0900.JPG

Environment is pretty much spot on...:yep:

large.SSCN0885.JPG

Five Gorilla Bombs four weeks from flip, 9-10 weeks finish...boy did these buggers stretch...

There's a metal mesh with 4" squares hanging from the white cords which supports the plants,

Not fixed so it can be lowered or raised as needed

large.SSCN0908.JPG

Lower 1/3 stripped...

large.SSCN0901.JPG

This is the hybrid flood and drain/open flow watering system...you can see the results.

I'll do some close-ups of the system after this crop is finished and it's broken down for cleaning.

My first attempt at uploading photos (apart from the cat) These were taken with a Nikon Coolpix S220 which is about the size of a fag packet.

Feeling rather ...:smug:...;)

:oldtoker:

Love it!!!!! The hydro top!!!

• Like 2