Shed Build

stu914

Have you got the fan directly connected to the filter..or a short piece of phonic trap between.

That fan won't be running more than 25% in at 40% tonight in my cupboard and humidity is 67% I cant fix that. trust me mate.Its easy to dial in to stop it ramping up to, once your got the min run speed where it needs to be they dont start running at 100%But it will while your dialling it in probably.

9 hours ago, icki said:

Have you got the fan directly connected to the filter..or a short piece of phonic trap between.

I had it connected directly inline and it fitted snugly along one side of the room.

Unfortunately the fan was only about 6" from the exit point and could be heard outside so I had to reposition the whole lot...

Now I have the filter at one end, then a 90 deg bend to the fan on one side directly connected with solid metal ducting,

then a run of phonic ducting to another 90 deg bend at the other end of the room and a final run of ducting to the exit.

Total phonic ducting run is about 3m, not ideal but I'll see how it performs and take it from there.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased to report the new room is performing pretty much perfectly. Environment is spot on at 22/23c min, 27c max. Humidity 40 - 60%

The hybrid flood & drain/dripper system works really well, plants have been vegging for 9 days and are well rooted through the pots onto the table,

another week or so to flip. Lights are still on minimum (200w) and are now about 2'6" above canopy.

Cheers  :oldtoker:

• Like 10

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Funk P said:

How did you set up up the electrics in there mate 

I was already there bud, we just rewired new sockets and junction box.

• 3 weeks later...

I hear a lot of folks asking for pics so I took the liberty of sneaking a quick snap shot mid build.  Hope you dont mind @stu914 me posting a pic of your new build!

large.20201019_105614.jpg

Looking good!

• Like 11

Ok, I'm going to explain this picture thing once more for those who are understandingly challenged...here goes....

I know very little about computers and have no interest in learning more, certainly not how to upload pictures.

My phone is only one step up from two tin cans and a length of string...(sidenote:- this is where govbent track and trace falls on it's arse - how many more like me?)

...it's used to make phone calls and send texts...no interest in it doing anything else, much less taking rubbish pictures (which it does...badly...)

I do not possess any other form of machine for taking photos...nor have I any wish to...

Recommend the Beano or Dandy for those who like pictures and maybe struggle with the written word...:wassnnme:

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 7

Jokes on all of you @stu914 doesn't even exist he's just the remnants of a prototype spambot trialled by the police used for baiting internet users to reveal their grows so they could locate people by their IP address.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Exhale said:

remnants of a prototype spambot trialled by the police

Not a very good one by all accounts as it looks like I've been rumbled...expect a visit bud...(I can be bribed...:yep:)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Ok, I'm going to explain this picture thing once more for those who are understandingly challenged...here goes....

I know very little about computers and have no interest in learning more, certainly not how to upload pictures.

My phone is only one step up from two tin cans and a length of string...(sidenote:- this is where govbent track and trace falls on it's arse - how many more like me?)

...it's used to make phone calls and send texts...no interest in it doing anything else, much less taking rubbish pictures (which it does...badly...)

I do not possess any other form of machine for taking photos...nor have I any wish to...

Recommend the Beano or Dandy for those who like pictures and maybe struggle with the written word...:wassnnme:

lol

I ken aw that mate but i need somethin tae bust yer baws wi every now an then I mean its nae like I can take the piss outta yer burgers nowadays lol

• Like 2

The first crop is down, dried and jarred, I'm satisfied with the results so far @ just over 1gpw.

Room for improvement as the scrog was very messy and not full. The flood and drain/top feed system works really well and just needs a bit of tweaking.

Temps and Humidity have been pretty much spot on apart from when it was 30c+ outside, not much I could do about that.

Lights were dimmed to 200w for most of the grow and only increased to 400w for the final month or so.

:oldtoker:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Now seven or so weeks in veg with 5 Gorilla Bomb from seed. After a stalling stop-start beginning they're beginning to take off,

massive roots and getting a bit whiffy. Topped twice off four nodes each and lollipopped leaves 80 tops so they'll get scrogged and flipped this weekend...

Thanking my lucky stars that I decided to get the best extractor fan and filter... today it's paying dividends...

The neighbour is having their fence replaced which just happens to be around 3 feet from my extract point...default_pinch.gif..silence certainly is fecking golden...:sweaty:

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

For all of you in tears through lack of visuals...here ya go...

First one out...partition wall across the shed with the lift-off insulated door (same build as the wall)

large.SSCN0910.JPG

The door is so heavy these casters along the bottom make lifting it on and off a breeze...:yep:

large.SSCN0906.JPG

The whole room has a dexion frame all round which gives me plenty of places to hang stuff...

It's good gear, very strong and not touching the walls which keeps any vibration noise to a minimum.

large.SSCN0900.JPG

Environment is pretty much spot on...:yep:

large.SSCN0885.JPG

Five Gorilla Bombs four weeks from flip, 9-10 weeks finish...boy did these buggers stretch...

There's a metal mesh with 4" squares hanging from the white cords which supports the plants,

Not fixed so it can be lowered or raised as needed

large.SSCN0908.JPG

Lower 1/3 stripped...

large.SSCN0901.JPG

This is the hybrid flood and drain/open flow watering system...you can see the results.

I'll do some close-ups of the system after this crop is finished and it's broken down for cleaning.

My first attempt at uploading photos (apart from the cat) These were taken with a Nikon Coolpix S220 which is about the size of a fag packet.

Feeling rather ...:smug:...;)

• Like 24