Shed Build

stu914

49 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Thanks again mate

You're welcome bud, tag or pm me if I can help with the build....:yep:

• Like 2

@stu914 Hello again ,mate. I'm looking at types of insulation. Looks like, unless my measurements are wrong, I can build a couple of 5x5s together, about 6" off the existing walls and ceiling. I'm wondering what insulation you would recommend. Basically only looked on the B&Q site - there's polyurethane boards, 50mm or 100mm, or there's loft insulation type stuff, in rolls. I would think 50mm would be thick enough, on top of the ocb that would be either side of it. But I don't really know lol The roll? The board? What do you recommend regarding wall thickness and type of insulation? Thanks :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

wall thickness and type of insulation?

Hi bud,

I used 9mm osb board each side, 50mm celotex boards in between...The lift off door is made the same way.

The rolls are probably cheaper if you want to keep costs down.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Hi bud,

I used 9mm osb board each side, 50mm celotex boards in between...The lift off door is made the same way.

The rolls are probably cheaper if you want to keep costs down.

Cheaper but as effective? Boards are probably easier to work with, now I think about it. 
I probably need to actually try and draw a diagram with measurements and work out what I actually need lol 

Did you run your electrics into the room and mount the outlets inside? Or have holes in the walls for plugs and leads? 

57 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Did you run your electrics into the room and mount the outlets inside?

By outlets I assume you mean sockets?  My grow bud is a sparks so installed a new junction box and ring main right round the shed.

I then boarded three sides of one end and he ran spurs off that ring into the room at the same time, then celotex, then the final board.

pulled the wires through and installed the sockets, surface mounted and high up out of harms way.

Try to have minimum amount of holes to the outside, bugs and nasties love a grow room and it's best to keep them out.

My room is completely sealed apart from one largish passive intake and obviously the outtake.

1 hour ago, Gaijin said:

I probably need to actually try and draw a diagram with measurements and work out what I actually need lol

Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance...Alliteration at it's finest...:rofl:

• Like 7

@stu914 I have a sparky brother-in-law, but he’s not a smoker, dammit! I’m going to need work done and I have asked him to take a look so he’s ready for when I move in, but I can’t think of any legal reason for building two “rooms in a room” and wiring them up lol 

outlets, yeah sorry, I lived in the uS for 11 years and nowadays my brain doesn’t know what terms to use anymore lol 

Thanks again :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gaijin said:

I can’t think of any legal reason for building two “rooms in a room” and wiring them up

Plenty of 'man caves' in sheds out there, pretty sure you could find a good enough reason for him not to suspect anything.

You could always get the wiring done before you divide the room, just make sure you position the sockets in the right places for your needs.

• Like 3

@stu914 For some reason, my brain was telling me to build the "rooms" 6 inches inside the existing walls. Must have read something on here; I think lol  but I can't remember the reasoning behind that. Which made it a little harder to explain to a sparky lol  You are correct - no reason why I can't get all the "sockets", as you call them, installed first :g:

• Like 1

Even without pictures this sounds awesome, very impressed and a little jealous, would love to have the skills to builds something like this away from prying noses :)

Good luck and happy growing :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JockWeed said:

would love to have the skills to builds something like this

I'm one of the least skilled in DIY bud, as long as you plan it properly and have the right materials, it's really not that difficult...:yep:

• Like 3

Just now, stu914 said:

I'm one of the least skilled in DIY bud, as long as you plan it properly and have the right materials, it's really not that difficult...:yep:

Maybe when i move even further into the countryside i will give it a go - :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2021 at 9:49 AM, treebeard2 said:

Great build, loved the fridge :) Genius level growing

Thanks mate...done me well over the years...:yep:

Just knocked up a couple of little shelves out of odds and ends...they're on the outside wall of the groom and perfect for holding nutes.

large.SSCN1250.JPG  

• Like 7