Critical+2.0 under glass

Bayleaf

Dinafem strains are pretty mould resistant, I had some go late Oct early Nov and that's a back garden at lat 52.5, so you would think more adverse conditions than u softy southerners ;)

• Like 1

@Bayleaf   Lookine end of the tunnel is g mighty fine sir :)     One big ass lady and looking healthy too.     Keep up the good work, keep pushing its nearly over, a few weeks and its jarring time :yep:      

I find the outdoor runs actually enjoyable, pitting your wits, devising your schedules and battling with the weather :)    Sitting studying long & short range weather forecasts for hours just to see how many extra days you can squeeze out of the grow before its too much of a gamble lol   

All the best and keep the pics coming.  

• Like 2

A few small buds are sticking out of the GH and are getting completely soaked. The pistils on these buds are browner than the rest and when drenched they look like drowned rats! Luckily the temps are around 12C with a bit of a breeze so it's not humid or sticky. Frankly my other GH plants have got mould during dry weather when they were completely covered in glass. Perhaps just a glass roof is all they need, with a good breeze blowing up their skirts.

• Like 3

Over the past few days I've found a few tiny bits of mould. As I cut it out it's all going in the freezer for making bubble. I'm going to make quite a bit of hash out of this plant instead of trying to dry it all, it's so sticky! The trichs are milky and the pistils are browning, so I'm still hopeful that I can harvest a fair bit as bud. The few small colas that were sticking out in the rain have been harvested already and are drying. Frankly the other plants that I've grown outside would all have been a pile of mush by now, so this Critical must be fairly resistant.

• Like 2

While she is looking at her best, before the inevitable mould takes over, I tried to get a good shot of her. I had to do it in three parts from left to right.

Left

large.5f8805060154b_Chrissie1.jpg.48fa6f

Middle

large.5f880507268fb_Chrissie2.jpg.5a3e20

Right

large.5f8805083d7d1_Chrissie3.jpg.4250d8

large.5f88070dbf989_Chrissiebud.jpg.7771

• Like 2

123 days from seed.

The little bits I took off the other day were dry last night, so Mrs bayleaf and I had our first go at it while watching family Guy. Fuck knows what I was laughing at but I haven't felt so good for ages. I got straight up this morning and went out and took some more bits off. I couldn't see any more mould but the plant is now covered in brown pistils and due to the much lower temps, quite a few purple leaf stems too. The trichs have all been milky for a while and she has been flowering for nearly 8 weeks. It looks very much, despite my underlying pessimism, that a fair amount of this plant is going to reach the finishing line. I reckon a fortnight to finish completely. The smell is not that bad a threat to security. A couple of meters around the GH you can just about catch a wiff, it certainly doesn't drift down the street. The only person likely to smell it is my next door neighbour and she doesn't care a jot.

It's dryer now down here in the SE and it's 13C during the day and around 6C at night. Most of the panes on the main wall of the G.H are still out and I've wedged the roof window open too. There is a good cold breeze going through there day and night and as long as the lower temps don't cause any problems then all looks good.

Still haven't watered this plant but I did give her a good strong organic feed a fortnight ago.

I can really recommend this strain - she grew an incredible amount in such a short time without needing any help at all and the hit (even at this point in the grow) is a delight.

Happy hibernation/lockdown everyone!

:smokin:

• Like 4

Harvested as much as I could today and yesterday. My little drying box is now completely full up, especially as I harvested my Colorado Cookies too. So there must be about 10 ounces (dry) in there. That lot will take another 5-6 days to dry and then I can start getting the rest of the Critical in. There are a few bits of mould but there is so much bud that it really doesn't matter. I've put about 500g of smaller bud and leaf in the freezer for bubble and I'm going to have my work cut out getting it all made into hash. The stuff I harvested and smoked before was really good and every further day out in the sun is going to make it better but I'm in a race against the mould. Funnily enough the colas that grew out of the GH and into the rain have done the best.

• Like 2

Well done, @Bayleaf - good to hear that you’ve managed a good haul. For the past six weeks or so, I experimented with having my greenhouse fan on a low heat constantly overnight and days when it’s been damp, and so far I haven’t got any mould yet on my last plant (with about a week to go). The low heat has kept the humidity below 60 pretty much the whole time and the temperature has stayed at a constant 14 deg or so. With it being a fan heater, it keeps some air circulating as well. It might cost a few more pence on the electricity bill, but at least I haven’t lost months of work (although I’ve probably now jinxed it and will end up with mould :P).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I took well over 250g (I stopped weighing it) of bud and made about a Q of hash. It really is good smoke. Very strong, smooth and quite a relaxing buzz. I'm going to do another one next year if i can get hold of the seed.

• Like 1