Critical+2.0 under glass

Bayleaf

Sowed this freebie seed indoors, in a clay pot on June 9th and 4 days later she popped her head up. I meant to ask for an auto from Dinafem as a free gift but forgot, so got this photo instead. I got burned badly last year by all my greenhouse plants getting the dreaded rot. I didn't plan on doing it again but looking at the gumph and vids for this plant it can apparently handle itself in the wet, so here we go again.  I'm making a concerted effort to keep the inside of the GH dry as a bone and as well as a window in the roof I've got 2 panes removed to allow air to flow through.

On day 14 I topped her and on day 17 I planted her in the greenhouse border. She's now on day 25 from seed and looking really strong. I plan on topping out all of the branches when they've grown out some more and then let her fill out the greenhouse. My neighbours are all cool and my garden is pretty secluded. There's already a cheese XXL in there and she stinks to high heaven and noone's even noticed. The greenhouse is surrounded by large herb plants, sweet peas and a host of other smelly flowers so I feel pretty secure.

I've top dressed her with some worm castings.

large.5f089e5ba18c4_Critical2.0Day25250.

• Like 7

Loving this weather - she's growing at least an inch a day. I rattle her about a bit a few times a day to simulate the wind to try and get her stem nice and strong. It appears to be working.

• Like 2

Day 29 and its burning hot out again and I'm (almost) reliably informed that it will remain so for at least 10 days.

I expect this picture (below) to change drastically by the day as she's lapping it up. :)

The Cheese XXL is glistening and sparkling - OMG :hippy:

large.5f0aee7c431b1_Critical2.0Day29.JPG

• Like 6

Day 32, ~24" tall and Im already very impressed. Genetics + this weather = :)

I pinched out the lower two branches on day 30, the middle two branches today. In 2 days I will top the two uppermost branches. She's gonna be a monster!

Time to think how I'm going to support her when she gets bigger.

The rattling of the plant everyday to increase stem girth has worked well. So well in fact that she sprouted new roots at soil level which I hurredly covered over.

medium.5f0efb5f3d035_Critical2.0Day32.JP

medium.5f0efb5dde9b1_Critical2.0Day32top

• Like 3

Cheese XXL auto Day 71. Trichs are just going milky so hopefully about 2 weeks to go until they are nice and amber and the buds are swollen to full potential, The sun is coming back out for a spell of high pressure in the south, which is perfect timing to finish this off. Can't wait.

large.5f0efe352c962_CheeseXXLautoDay71.J

• Like 5

I knew it was too good to be true. Found a couple of small bits of bud rot today. Can't say I'm surprised but I am feeling a bit dissapointed. Harvested the whole plant (minus the rotten bits) and she's hanging up drying. Best to harvest rather than lose the lot, eh? Luckily she was 'technically' finished, lovely and sticky and smelling so so strong. I had a very little bit of scissor hash and it was good.

I think I will definitely have to get electric to the greenhouse so that I can add a fan or else this is going to keep on happening. It's soul destroying, growing something for ages and then seeing it explode.

Ho Hum, onwards and upwards: still got the indoor plants - these ones in the GH are just extra because of lockdown.

• Like 3

Day 35 - I like to name my plants so this Critical is called Chrissie.

Chrissie is doing great! Everything is just how it should be. She's all topped out now and I've surrounded her with bamboo canes which I shall train her onto. I'm going for a large tabletop design to keep the height down a bit and to let all the buds see the light. I've also taken out a lot more panes in the greenhouse and now there is a slight breeze moving her about a bit. I can take out two main walls of glass entirely and still be sheltered and secluded. Humidity is my enemy I know, so I'm all out fighting it. I don't have electric in there yet, it's quite a way from the house, but I think I will get it done by an electrician this winter. That way I can run an air condition unit or some fans. It's only for the last few weeks of a plant's life so it won't be outlandishly expensive.

large.5f12d33f66153_Critical2.0day35.JPG

Her only companion apart from some tomatoes is a Cinderella Jack Auto which is at day 25. Right from the start she has been bi-coloured in the leaves (pale and slightly darker patches). It seems to be deminishing a bit, now that she's in the greenhouse but her growth has been fairly average despite whatever it is she's had. I'm going to let her have as much room as she needs so that I can end up with a big central cola (if the rot doesn't get it first), something I usually have to do without as my autos are usually grown indoors in a grow cupboard with low ceiling and I use LST.

large.DSC_1156.JPG.63357d9db1bfc5761412e

Edited by Bayleaf
  • Like 4

Day 42 and growth has been good this week. I've bent over the branches and created loads of bud sites already but I'm contemplating topping her again.

Any idea how long until flowering starts outside?

The Cheese xxl is dried, jarred and being smoked. Very nice it is too.

large.5f1c3f81bd70d_Critical2.0Day42.jpg

• Like 3

Looking great.  I'm at lat 53.5 and start to notice flowering in early September, so another 4 or 5 weeks if you are anywhere near me.  Other strains can be different but I've found the ones I've tried to be pretty consistent.

• Like 1