Teehee's Dutch Passion Old School Monster Foursome

teehee

Day 85

OK, so I managed to hide the grow from the Rental Agency inspection.... Tuesday night, I set the alarm for 4am (Weds), and set about clearing up the grow room. I had been to the Storage place and got some packing boxes. They have these large 'Porta-Robe' boxes that are perfect for hiding plants in... they're 60cm x 48cm wide and a good 1.10m high....

large.5f4d7002e4cbf_day085stowaway1.JPG

...and here's Cinderella Jack, all safe and sound.....large.5f4d70097182a_day085stowaway2.JPG

Imagine if Interflora could deliver plants like this!

The Night Queen wasn't as simple. I lowered her into a standard packing box, wrapped a load of corrugated card around her to full height, and then plonked another packing box on top. In the end, I had her encased in cardboard, about the size of a fridge, and only just managed to squeeze her into the shed, along with the CJ and DL in the Porta robes, and a box of drying Think Different buds.... all of which stank to high heaven.

On 10/08/2020 at 9:53 PM, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Time for a fake coronavirus outbreak at yours teehee?!

If only.... unfortunately, there's very litte Corona virus here, so that would involve news crews coming over to report it!

On Weds morning, the Electrician came over to check the smoke alarms, then at 1pm the Managing Agent turned up, spent half an hour chatting with the Missus RIGHT OUTSIDE THE SHED, and once she'd gone, I had the whole grow room set up again in a couple of hours.

They are all very close to finishing.

Cinderella Jack will probably come down in the next few days. This is how she looked immediately after I got her out of the box.....

large.5f4d6fd42ddc1_day085CJ1.JPG

She's pushed for space in the tent, but she's loaded with big fat colas.....

large.5f4d6fda42557_day085CJ2.JPG

Although she's very leafy, there's some nice sticky bud in all of that....

large.5f4d6fddc5f5d_day085CJ3.JPG

Daiquiri Lime also fared well during the disruption. Here she is straight out of the box....

large.5f4d6fe23e4de_day085DL1.JPG

She's also been squeezed into the tent, but has a bit of room on the side.... 

large.5f4d6fea1c8c6_day085DL2.JPG

Still a week or so to go.....

large.5f4d6ff15382f_day085DL3.JPG

On 10/08/2020 at 8:02 PM, Moobman said:

That night queen is fucking ridiculous!!!

I know!!!

Here she is in all her glory...

large.5f4d6ff6d8577_day085NQ1.JPG

On 11/08/2020 at 9:19 PM, ursus1000 said:

Just wonderful mate :yep:

Thanks Ursus. She's close to harvest as well...

large.5f4d6ffdacf63_day085NQ2.JPG

Looks like I'll have to sharpen my clippers and get ready for a few late nights this week!

So now that Think Different's down, with the others soon to follow, and having just recovered from an inspection, my mind turns to my next grow.

I'm sick of having to pull everything down mid grow, so seeing that the next inspection will be in 3 months, I sowed some more seeds last weekend, so that they'd be ready before the next intrusion.

large.5f4d83b7abc66_day4.JPG

As you can see, Dutch Passion 'Night Queen' (as always), Dinafem's 'Blue Amnesia' (also a big fav of mine), then there's Sweet Seeds 'Cream Mandarine  XL' and the unlabelled one is Dinafem's 'Cookie'.

As always, there's some sort of ganja related cock up, this time, I got mixed up sowing my seeds, and like an idiot, I put 2 seeds in one pot, and none in another. :wallbash:

I had a feeling I might have done this, so when the NQ, CM and BA had come through, but the 4th cup remained empty, I had a dig around and couldn't find the seed, so I planted another Cookie.

The next day, when a 2nd seedling popped out in the Blue Amnesia cup.... I pulled it out and replanted it in another cup, and it took root.

So now I have 5 seedlings, BA, NQ, CM and 2 Cookies.... and not enough room in the tent to do them all to their full potential.

Because of this stoney balls up, I'm not sure if the BA is actually a BA or if it's a Cookie.... I'll just have to wait and see.

So to finish this post, some pests.... FOr the last 4-5 weeks, I've noticed these tiny little black flies in the tent, on the floor, and around the pots, and when I water the plants, all these bugs come out of the Coco. I put a few sticky traps about, and wiped the pots with some fly spray, but they're still hanging around. I don't see any on the plants themselves, nor under the leaves.

large_bug3.JPG

Basically I have a Fungus Gnat problem, also called Sciarid flies, so I got some TaNLiN drops to treat it.

large.Tanlin.JPG

These drops are allegedly harmless to our belioved Cannabis plants, the product is a suspension of bacteria that the gnats feed on and they die.

Fungus gnats feed on dead organic material in the presence of moisture, so dead roots, old leaves etc are their main target, but if they run out, they eat the root hairs on the plants, and cause yellowing of the leaves.

Luckily I've not seen too much damage, the CJ and DL have no yellowing, but the Night Queen had a few yellow leaves down below.

Thinking back, I think I've had this problem before, so I have to deal with this NOW.

They are absolutely TINY....

large_bug1.JPG

large_bug2.JPG

These shots are in the pots for the new seedlings, and I'm pissed off because the gnats will damage them and ruin the grow, but the TaNLiN drops are gentle enough to work on these too.

I have to add Tanlin to the feed and drench them every 3 days until they're gone, then use Tanlin just weekly to keep them away. The reviews on the product suggest this stuff works pretty well, so I'll keep you posted.

Hope all is well your way, more soon!

• Like 12

Those boxes are great! I've had to resort to wheelie-bin liners in the past when moving plants,and it does look suspicious,but those boxes,apart from the smell,won't seem sus at all.

• Like 2

Hey Tee bummer about the landlord bro, shit one. Pulled the wool over his eyes rightly though. Still loving the night queen then, easy to see why, that and the think diff are beastly. Great grow! When your skylines bite the dust eventually will you replace them or will you consider another brand? 

I had fungus gnats but I used a neem oil drench (in with my feed). Had to do it a few times until all the eggs had finished hatching but it got rid of them. Two teaspoons in a sprayer of water wuth a few drops of washing up liquid.

• Like 2

On 01/09/2020 at 2:14 AM, teehee said:

As always, there's some sort of ganja related cock up, this time, I got mixed up sowing my seeds, and like an idiot, I put 2 seeds in one pot, and none in another. :wallbash:

I had a feeling I might have done this, so when the NQ, CM and BA had come through, but the 4th cup remained empty, I had a dig around and couldn't find the seed, so I planted another Cookie.

The next day, when a 2nd seedling popped out in the Blue Amnesia cup.... I pulled it out and replanted it in another cup, and it took root.

So now I have 5 seedlings, BA, NQ, CM and 2 Cookies.... and not enough room in the tent to do them all to their full potential.

Because of this stoney balls up, I'm not sure if the BA is actually a BA or if it's a Cookie.... I'll just have to wait and see.

Great minds eh man? All looking great down there. 

• Like 2

On 01/09/2020 at 4:48 PM, ursus1000 said:

Those boxes are great! I've had to resort to wheelie-bin liners in the past when moving plants,and it does look suspicious,but those boxes,apart from the smell,won't seem sus at all.

Thanks Ursus, as you know, in the past I also wrapped them in plastic, but on unwrapping them, they were alarmingly humid inside... they were sweating!

I used boxes this time to help absorb any mosture from respiration, and i had the ability to douse the outsides of the boxes with orange oil to help hide the stink.

On 01/09/2020 at 11:46 PM, TheGreenShabeenReturns said:

When your skylines bite the dust eventually will you replace them or will you consider another brand? 

I will stick with the same brand, they've been really good to me over the years. I highly reccomend their lights!

On 01/09/2020 at 10:46 PM, badbillybob said:

plants are looking great man, you are nailing these.

i enjoyed the cindy jack, its a real nice one, hope you like it. 

Cheers Bad BillyBob, Cindy's looking close to being done. I'm hoping these trichs are loaded with THC....

large.5f518964af4a3_CJ15.JPG

large.5f51895f0676a_CJ13.JPG

large.5f51895769fdb_CJ12.JPG

16 hours ago, Bayleaf said:

I had fungus gnats but I used a neem oil drench (in with my feed). Had to do it a few times until all the eggs had finished hatching but it got rid of them. Two teaspoons in a sprayer of water wuth a few drops of washing up liquid.

So what do you do? Water them first then spray the neem oil mixture onto the surface of the Coco? Cheers for the tip!

16 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

As always, there's some sort of ganja related cock up,

Great minds eh man? 

I'm beginning to think that's why they call it 'dope'.

• Like 6

Yes I put neem in the feed and I spray some of the solution over the surface and the outside of the felt pots. The buggers keep coming for a few days but if you keep spraying them as they hatch, eventually the numbers plummet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2020 at 4:41 PM, Bayleaf said:

Yes I put neem in the feed and I spray some of the solution over the surface and the outside of the felt pots. The buggers keep coming for a few days but if you keep spraying them as they hatch, eventually the numbers plummet.

Cheers Bayleaf, luckily the stuff I got has done the trick, they have all gone.

22 hours ago, Maria Sanchez said:

Hey @teehee it's me, from over there.

I'm stalkin' ya!

Are you in the UK? Thought you're in Aus... :P

MARIA!!! Good to see you here on 420... I used to live in the UK, so I stuck with them when I came here. The Aussie growing sites are a bit dodgy with security, and there's some really nasty folk on there, so I gave up with that and stayed with the Brits!

4 hours ago, DutchPassionTony said:

Great to see you blitzing it as always TeeHee! Keep it up man and best wishes from all our team! 

Thank YOU Tony.... these are all from the seeds you gave me years ago! :cheers:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, teehee said:

MARIA!!! Good to see you here on 420... I used to live in the UK, so I stuck with them when I came here. The Aussie growing sites are a bit dodgy with security, and there's some really nasty folk on there, so I gave up with that and stayed with the Brits!

Oh, I see, that makes sense!

Not quite the numbers in Aus/NZ to get a really strong secure community going online.

Maybe the NZ reefer-endum will change that after the vote coming up!

I'm going to be UK side in the not too distant future,

so am reading up on how they do things outdoors here.

Looks like autos, mold-resistant and cold-resistant, are the way to go.

And maybe some super fast photos, like Sweet "fast-version", or Dinafem "quick".

• Like 2

Man, my hands are aching from all this cropping lark!

Last post I was on the verge of taking them all down, well now they are all finally done!

I started on 4th Sept (day 90) and took the Cinderella Jack out of the tent for her final photo call.....

large.5f6a20b890a4f_day90CJ.JPG

She was made up of stubby fat colas....

large.5f6a20d65f5c5_day92CJcrop1.JPG

... and a tub of loose stems, again with fairly chunky buds.....large.5f6a20dc2d946_day92CJcrop2.JPG

2 days of chopping and I had her hanging in 2 boxes for 2 weeks, now she's jarred up with some Boveda 62's....

202.4g or 7.14 ounces, and I'm very happy with that. The bud's well sticky and I'm looking forward to seeing what she's like to smoke.

That left the Daiquiri Lime on day 90...

large.5f6a20bf4e4f3_day90DL.JPG

..... which was still throwing out tons of white pistils, and a bit of foxtailing.....ready to chop!

The Night Queen was also begging for the chop. I had one 800W Skyline above her, plus a 400W going at an angle on the right, to get those buds lower down.....large.5f6a20caea5cb_day90NQ2.JPG

..... I think it was worth the extra light cos she's thick with solid bud!

large.5f6a20c50254b_day90NQ1.JPG

Higher up, you can see the colas beginning to bow over with the weight!!!

large.5f6a20d181399_day90NQ3.JPG

I think the Night Queen deserves a post of her own.....

• Like 15

....so here she is. The Night Queen (Automatic) on day 92.....

large.5f6a20e0bc400_day92NQ1.JPG

The height of that door is 2.05m.... she is just immense!!!

From another angle.....

large.5f6a20e48c506_day92NQ2.JPG

Her right side.....

large.5f6a20e89c681_day92NQ3.JPG

.... and her left side....

large.5f6a20ed36646_day92NQ4.JPG

I tried to get a shot from above....

large.5f6a20f01ce93_day92NQ5.JPG

.... a view of her bottom half....

large.5f6a20f44dfc1_day92NQ6.JPG

... and look at those colas... rock solid every one of them....

large.5f6a20f782bd9_day92NQ7.JPG

... a little closer and you can see these big long colas full of hard uniform nugs.....

large.5f6a20fb763d4_day92NQ8.JPG

It took me 4 days to get her down, those long stems were a pleasure to trim up. I had them hanging to dry in a variety of boxes for a good 2 weeks, then box by box I clipped the buds off and set up for the big weigh in.

This is a shot of the dried stems of the main colas (ie just the top part of the plant)... each one is about 45cm long...

large.5f6a215dbb153_NQharvest1.JPG

Closer inspection shows that it's all sticky and hard...

large.5f6a2162a60fe_NQharvest2.JPG

... with plenty of amber trichomes to get me hammered....

large.5f6a21661f901_NQharvest3.JPG

Once I removed the buds from the stems, just this lot weighed 287g... dry.

The rest of the plant came in at 303g.... meaning this Automatic Night Queen yielded 590g (thats 20.8 ounces) of top quality bud!

20.8 ounces from an Auto???? Yes it's true!

This Night Queen has been a true blessing, the test smokes give me the usual blurry eyesight and empty lethargy that I love so much, and it should last well into next year!

@DutchPassionTony this MUST be a record? Thank you so much mate!

It's amazing how one simple seed can produce such a huge amount of bud.

It's been a while since I've had to buy from a dealer, but let's say at AU$350 per ounce, that's over $7K you've saved me. There's SO much good karma coming your way mate!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 16

Hi Teehee,  

I ordered some Night Queen seeds at the weekend after reading through your diaries. I hope they turn out at least half as good as your monster. Sserious haul from one plant, Auto too.

Amazing stuff.

• Like 4