BudJ's Dinafem Diary

BudJ

I'll pull up a chair mate. I'm running the XXL White Widow next. Along with Critical + 2.0 and Amnesia CBD.

Looking forward to seeing how you go with the WW.

Good luck, keep pushing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zeroG said:

Just interesdted to know why you cant foliar feed when the lights are on? @Shumroom

Ive been foliar feeding with the lights on, and spraying as much as I can for 20+ years to keep the humidity up...I even foliar feed during flowering with a seaweed feed...I try to keep my humidity in the 70+ department during veg

If youre not careful you can get hot spots, but if you have a fine mist theres no problem, with gooid extraction, and an oscillating fan, the moisture dries quickly...

This is something I hear quite a lot, and dont understand why...

I don't really mist them but from what I've read, I think the reason is if you mist them with the lights on, the water on the leaves can magnify the heat from the light and burn them. I'm happy to be corrected on that though!

• Like 1

I find that my plants love it, you get a heat spike when you spray but the humidity goes through the roof when I close the tent keeping it right up fo a while. To be honest I do it every time I pass the damn thing in veg...cant get enough lol

Never had any issues myself, just super healthy plants - but obviously I cant speak for others...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zeroG said:

I find that my plants love it, you get a heat spike when you spray but the humidity goes through the roof when I close the tent keeping it right up fo a while. To be honest I do it every time I pass the damn thing in veg...cant get enough lol

Never had any issues myself, just super healthy plants - but obviously I cant speak for others...

That's it man, if it gets your humidity up and doesn't cause issues then it's all good. The beauty of this hobby is everyone has their own methods. That variety of methods to experiment with is what makes it exciting.....for me anyway!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zeroG said:

Tell me more about the foliar spray, is it something you make up yourself or off the shelf?

I'm interested in using it, if nothing else to feel like I'm doing something rather than looking in the tent every 10 minutes thinking I should be doing something then realising there's actually nothing to do :)

I wouldn’t want to with fans in there , either take it out spray it put it back in or turn fans off and do it , don’t want water mist biting that light , the fans spread it everywhere , 

Edited by Psilocybin

@BudJIts a seaweed wet compost for the want of a better description. Kelp, collected form the beach, rinsed thoroughly, chopped up, slung in a 45L container with the top chooped off, but kept as a lid, let the kelp completely disintergrate, and stink to hight heaven, thats it...pure kelp. takes about 3 months. I collect the water off the summer house so its rainwater and kelp, I also dont clean away the algae. 100ml - 1L,,,all day, every day, right up to last 2 week flowering...then you havew to get the rh on track etc

You can buy it for £10-15 a litre online lollollol

Or you can look up a 'kelp fields' map online, go to the beach for the day and come back with a bag...works in hydro, coco (which is hydro as well) soil, whatever as its foliar...no need to ph, just spray all day baby, The seaweed does all kind of shit, like deep spiritual shit with the weed. Makes them more tolerant to heat/dry, disease, temp fluctuations, airbourne pests, you name it...its fucking superfood for weed.

• Like 1

Would you say my lights are too high For this here seedling ? Dim switch on the lowest setting  , it seems to be fine , it’s been this way now for a few day , but just making sure as I notice yours much much closer budJ , although the one presenter in the pic is 300w it was close-ish but i have adjusted higher large_p1.jpg

Edited by Psilocybin
  • Like 1

Its around about a meter I would say...

I just brought it down to around 80cm , hoping should be around about right 

Edited by Psilocybin

Is that the lowest setting and a meter away? That might me a little far way/too few umols lol. Have tou got a lux meter? Its not exact, but the lux count can help determine the distance. I had probs with my ufo led, got one of those and it keeps me in the sweet spot. £20 from amazon and theres cheaper ones, but it needs to be at lesast semi-relaible.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Psilocybin said:

Its around about a meter I would say...

Ok so you're at 60w/100cm - I did 80w/40cm for the first week and as far as I can tell it hasn't fucked her up.  Now at 120w/40cm.  Pic below from today.

Based on that experience, and to be fair it's the only experience I have being my first grow with any light, I would say you can get them closer if you want.

large.03_07_20.JPG

• Like 5

She Looking happy ^ 

So with that said baring in mind the one in question is a 300w , So id say where I have It is about right then (currently 80cm) 
I guess would make sense that you can get away with moving it closer since it’s smaller sized light correct me if I’m wrong tho 

are you going to run it’s entire life using the 200w , or just using it to start them ? You might of said already my bad if you did 

Edited by Psilocybin

8 minutes ago, Psilocybin said:

She Looking happy ^ 

So with that said baring in mind the one in question is a 300w , So id say where I have I is about right then (currently 80cm) 
I guess would make sense that you can get away with moving it closer since it’s smaller sized light correct me if I’m wont tho 

are you going to run it’s entire life using the 200w , or just using it to start them ? You might of said already my bad if you did 

Cheers man, I hope she is :)  You might want to start a diary in the LED grow section and get opinions from more experienced growers.

I'll be using the 200w Attis for the entire grow.

• Like 1

That’s awesome to know about the 200 coz it gunna be an Insightful one for me as well

nice one... 

Edited by Psilocybin