Cookies Auto, Gorilla Auto, Dinamed Kush CBD Auto under LED inc. Scope 2

Fragg

4 hours ago, growinggold said:

I think once my sweet seeds run is finished. I will be doing Dinafem diary. Mark was kind enough to try get me some seeds before the chaos, plus seeing your fly frag has got me salivating. I will be such a cure growing these great genetics I can't wait. 

Cool which ones do you have, I'm think you have probably told me but I've been waking and baking and cant recall? :smokin:Wait till I show you the growth chart on my Dinafem OG Kush, they need an XXL warning on these puppies, medium stature they said....pfffft! lol More on her though when I get some time to post about starting autos, busy cleaning bubble bags in readiness for a bubble hash run with my new portable washing machine atm :oldtoker:

• Like 1

May have got a little carried away with offers last :skin_up:

Breeder Strain Quantity
Subbie Short Hazy Dayz X Ultimate Auto Fem 9

Dinafem White Widow 3
Dinafem Moby Dick 3
Dinafem XXL Blue Amnesia Auto 3
Dinafem Gorilla 7
Dinafem Cheese 3
Dinafem Critical + 3
Dinafem Bubba Kush 3
Dinafem Sweetdeep Grapefruit 3
Dinafem Shark Attack 3
Dinafem Blueberry Cookies 3
Dinafem Purple Afgan kush 1
Dinafem Remo Chemo 3

Sweet Seeds Random Autos 8
Sweet Seeds XXL Gorilla Girl Auto 3
Sweet Seeds Sweet Skittlez 2
Sweet Seeds Black Jack 4
Sweet Seeds Mohan Ram 4
Sweet Seeds Ice Cool 4
Sweet Seeds Do Sweet Do's 4
Sweet Seeds Jack 47 4

Ugorg Blues 10
Ugorg Disco biscuit 10

Humboldt Seed Organisation Sugar Breath 2
Humboldt Seed Organisation Lemon Citron 3
Humboldt Seed Organisation Forbidden Dream 3
Humboldt Seed Organisation Blue Dream Auto 1

Real Gorilla Seeds xodus#1 3
Real Gorilla Seeds Purkle#1 3
Real Gorilla Seeds Lemon Drizzle 3

Female Seeds C99 6
Female Seeds Bubble Gummer 6

G13 Labs Sunset Vibes Auto 2
G13 Labs Double Black 2
G13 Labs Maltezerz 2
G13 Labs Gigabud 1
G13 Labs 0G13 1

Barneys Farm Purple Punch 1
Barneys Farm Blue Gelato 41 2

Freedom of Seeds Godbeerry 2
TH Seeds Orangesicle 1
TH Seeds Citron Givre/ Bday Cake 2
Paradise Seeds Chong's Choice LA Amnesia 1
Europa Seeds Heavy Grapefruit 1
Greenhouse Seeds Lost Pearl 2
Pheno Finder Sowah Sunset Sherbet 2
Pheno Finder Grapefruit Diesel 1
Delicious Seeds Eleven Roses 1

TOTAL 154

Which dinafems would you recommend hitting first?

Really looking for some lemons in my life. 

take care bud!

:skin_up:

• Like 1

@growinggold nice collection dude :headbang: I’m sure they will all be nice tbh but from those that I’ve tried the Moby and BAXXL are quite lemony, the most lemony out of my current batch by a country mile tho  is the DKCBD, soooo aromatic a really special lady in every way I can’t recommend her highly enough:yep: Tempted to get some more myself but BTC is on a surge atm so gonna ride it out and keep them in my wallet for now....

ATB mate:oldtoker:

• Like 1

Thanks bud, I will give them a run. 

Wish I had orderd some the dinameds cdb strains now. But hey ho. Have you tired the sweet seed CBD strains? 

Yeah I saw btc was v high atm. I was actually minded to sell atm with the hope it crashes again and I can buy back. Don't suppose you have crystal ball and know if this rally is due to be keep going? £12k a coin is craxy.

• Like 1

Just caught up with things @Fragg that's some quality bud there and really nice results to boot, glad you enjoyed the Tropic Mix it really is a great potting mix I can't believe the price difference on it compared to "premium soils".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, growinggold said:

Thanks bud, I will give them a run. 

Wish I had orderd some the dinameds cdb strains now. But hey ho. Have you tired the sweet seed CBD strains? 

Yeah I saw btc was v high atm. I was actually minded to sell atm with the hope it crashes again and I can buy back. Don't suppose you have crystal ball and know if this rally is due to be keep going? £12k a coin is craxy.

No I haven’t tried them yet but I am meaning to, got an email this morning of an offer of 3 for 2 on their autos so might pick some up as I was thinking of restocking on my fav Mohan Ram anyway

I’d be very tempted to dump em and buy back, I can see the stock market taking a big dump soon as the COVID situation inevitably worsens  over the winter months and Cryptos tend to track the market broadly. :yep:

1 hour ago, Exhale said:

Just caught up with things @Fragg that's some quality bud there and really nice results to boot, glad you enjoyed the Tropic Mix it really is a great potting mix I can't believe the price difference on it compared to "premium soils".

Thanks for swinging by mate, yeah happy as a pig in shite with all my boxes of jars ready for a winter lockdown:smokin:

Very impressed with Tropic Mix for autos, they don’t need feeding until they root it out and it’s just the right ‘fluffiness’ I find for the root system. Not sure @One Tree Horticulture have it in stock as yet, I swung by a few days ago for some nutes and they didn’t have it in as yet....

ATB man :oldtoker:

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

What an overall result mate, inspirational. Enjoy your rewards dude, I bet your family are chuffed to bits with your skills :guitar: 

Cheers mate:yep: I am from morn til night:smokin:as are the rest of the family, working away like little beavers to ensure I have jars ready for the next harvest bless em :) 

Good to see you are keeping busy in these weird times:oldtoker:

• Like 2

Getting Autos Started FAST!

Hey good folk of uk420, I promised a little while ago to do a post on starting autos as fast as possible but in a way that can be easily replicated. As my bubble hash is chilling in the freezer I thought now would be a good time to wrap up a draw and to pop it all in one place:smokin: Getting autos out of the blocks fast is crucial to all us auto growers as the veg time is not under our control and so the bigger we can get them before they hit flower the better. Add to this the cost of the beans and the fact that taking clones whilst technically possible is frankly pointless, it makes sense to do the best you can literally from day 1. I really wanted to try and nail the first 7-10 day period and also make it so that others can easily follow in my footsteps, like this whole diary really, so I had a play with some ideas and was super successful so thought I would share my methods/thoughts so that others, particularly new growers can follow along easily. :yep:

Those that have follwed my diaries in the past will know I like to look at things from a microbiological POV and thus have a worm bin and make Actively Aerated Compost Teas and swear by them at all stages of plant growth including starting the seedlings off. The problem is most growers and especially new ones dont have access to fresh castings, however you can easily purchase a perfect microbiological enviroment with Ecothrive Biosys and after trying it I must say I have liked the results. :headbang:It is much faster than prepping up a proper AACT and seems to do the same job, indeed it may well have a more diverse microbial profile and clearly comes(sniff test) with Seaweed and Molasses pre added to feed the microbes. I would recommend keeping the Molasses and Seaweed coming after giving the Biosys to keep the bugs reproducing ;)

The first plant I tried the following series of tips with was a DP Night Queen, she vegged to 110cm x 110cm with LST, I couldnt count all her bud sites so I counted just a quarter of the plant and counted 28 so around 100 sites!!:badass:. A total sucess BUT utterly fucking up the space in my tent lol Next up in the perpetual system was a Sweet Seeds Gorilla Girl, a strain I've run before but you wouldn't know it!..... this one was bloody huuuuuge, fan leaves like dinner plates in veg and gave me all kinds of trouble trying to LST her she just wouldnt stop and I must confess she won in the end I waved the white flag and let her grow! The most recent one through the grow and biggest of the lot is a Dianfem OG Kush, I have never seen growth like it:eek: She popped outta the ground and was 3cm by the end of the day and just went for it from there. :punk:With the other two monsters occupying most of the tent my cunning plan had been to let her just go upwards as there was bugger all room left sideways for her. By the time she hit 3 weeks old and was about to stretch for real she was already putting on 10 cm a day!! I extrapolated the graph and realised not only would I need a bigger tent but a bigger house too lol I supercropped her, LST wasnt going to be enough to control this kind of growth and then did the most vigourous LST I've ever done to TRY and make her fit as best I could and also not burn herself with the light, it's now as high as it can go and 120cm wide! PHEW! These OG Kush beans should come with an XXL warning! To quote from Dinafem's page "compact plants with short internodal spacing. Her manageable size makes her perfect for growing indoors"  LIES I tell ya :D Below is a graph of the first 3 weeks growth of the 12oz BAXXL from this diary compared to the OG Kush and you will see the difference a totally dialled in start can have....

large.CDD94792-7639-41B8-8BC1-B30C81CF8E94.jpeg

The following are my tips for starting seedlings, alot of this has been covered in this diary but I thought I'd pop it all together along with a new tip or two ;) Please feel free to pick and choose from these and modify to your own setups...

• Germination in a Shot Glass with Hydrogen Peroxide - I add a drop of 6% Hydrogen Peroxide to the water, this keeps the water sterile from any floating nasties and adds extra oxygen too
  • 20l Airpot - Not essential but I like them, I'm sure fabrics are just as good for air tbh but not used them as I like to reuse and clean my airpots
  • Tropic Mix Medium - Great fluffy medium with enough feed to flower, I add OG Granules from @Intense Nutrients when I make up the pot
  • Prewater/Soak the pot with 1gl/l Biosys in warm bubbled rain water - I want the whole pot growing with bacteria, I dont do a wet/dry cycle as it's not good for the bacteria and I never get damping off as the bacterial profile of the medium is spot on and its nicely aerated with the coco in it ;)
  • Poke Holes in the Medium - I thought I would try this little stoner concept I had as it seemed like it might work, this idea IS mine @Shumroom lol ....Once the medium is soaked I use a long skewer and poke a bunch of holes into the medium, this seems to have made a huge difference! The idea was to get more oxygen to the bacteria and of course the developing root system and it seems to have worked a treat! :yahoo: Very little effort, zero cash and great results FTW:smoke: The pot doesnt need watering for several days after the initial soak, the seedling barely uptakes anything until past day 10 anyway, so the air can circulate easily. Even after the first watering it will trap lots of air still I think. I also fork the surface of the medium after the watering to prevent the crusty caking that can occur and block oxygen. Basically I maximise the airflow to my bugs and roots.
  • Clingfilm the pot - Once planted, tap root down I lightly cover my seedlings then pop clingfilm over to create high humdity enviroment until it surfaces then I take the clingfilm off

I think that covers it, obviously the enviroment is key, keep temps stable and around 27. RH personally I dont have much option with, I cant raise it as high as I would like because I veg and flower in the same tent but if you can, raise it for the little uns as much as possible:yep: Lighting was a T5 to start then old Dormgrow LED as per usual, so nowt special

Bet I've forgotten something but my GG'er friend has just arrived so it's time to wrap up another draw and swap tales:smokin:

HTH folks and may you launch many monster autos in the future:oldtoker:

• Like 21

Liking the poking holes in the pot of medium idea :) 

Excellent post :thumsup:

Hope the bubble hash turns out well.

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
Eta
  • Like 4

On 22/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, Shumroom said:

Liking the poking holes in the pot of medium idea :) 

Excellent post :thumsup:

Hope the bubble hash turns out well.

:yinyang:

Thanks bud:yep:

Yeah it seems to help from the last 3 I’ve tried it with, so interested how others get on, it’s free and takes less than a minute so worth trying, launched a couple today and poked em both :) 

Just finished pressing my bubble, got 17g total, 11g of 73μ, 5g 25μ and just 1g 160μ so very happy from trim only:skin_up: It’s in balls now sat in front of me wrapped in cling film for cure, if I can resist it :chains: Was thinking they would make fine baubles for a Christmas tree if I can. :) 

On 22/11/2020 at 10:57 PM, Haze der said:

Going to give the soil poking a go. Great post.

thanks 

Glad you found it useful, even more impressed it was your first post on uk420, welcome aboard!:headbang:

@growinggold haha good tune! :oldtoker:

Hope you didn’t sell ya BTC as yet!

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

I've yet to find a hole I couldn't poke, definitely gonna give that a go :yep:

lol Happy poking, hope it helps :oldtoker:

• Like 4