Is cannabis wank?

Funk P

6 hours ago, Exhale said:

if I'd have grown them under hps they probably would have been bland

lol

why can led be supplementary rather than the new god?

i'm getting benefits from mixing hps with cmh for sure

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

lol

why can led be supplementary rather than the new god?

I'm not sure what you're digging at @ratdog but my statement was made from my experience. My weed was all the same hashy bland dutch experience grown under my hps lamp, it's considerably better quality what has come from under my LEDs in comparison, the plants seem much more expressive in terms of resin and terpenes.

BReal smokes pure Insane OG J’s all day long and is known to say he doesn’t get high anymore. He smokes for flavour. its the same for most psychoactive things, I get bored of booze myself, bloody second rate medieval buzz.  :pitchfork:  

• Like 1

:wanker: my led is sooooo much better than life itself!

it’s like no ganj was ever grown ever before..

somebody the other day was lording them to be THE thing, the total dogs bollox, will blow hps out the water, and they had not even grown with one lollol

• Like 7

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

and removing half of the genetic potential,

What do you mean by this? can you elaborate? 

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

by endlessly removing the males what kind of unique allele cominations are you removing from the gene pool forever?

Mostly the undesirable ones.

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

So by this thinking should we just pollute all the landrace stock thats still out there as well? Do you think it was a good idea that Greenhouse gave a load of himalayan farmers coloured fem seeds to ruin their stock? Is it a good thing that Jamaican land race varities are all polluted with European shit in them and have literally disappeared forever?

No, its not the same thinking. Don't try to associate what I'm preposing with anything Arjan does, please lol 

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

ACE and Cannabiogen did a great job on their fem lines because they actually worked them traditionally before femming the lines, which really no one does. Thats an example of selfing and feminising done right.

Do you not see a potential flaw in your reasoning here, that these two companies happen to produce both good reg and fem lines - could it be that its because they are good breeders??  If the companies putting out shit fems did regs, they'd probably be shit too. They don't, because in their market, the demand is for fems.  

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

Imagine some of those lines like Skunk #1, ESB, and Super Silver Haze bred traditionally and the back bone for so so many companies these days and not one of them was bred with a bottle of STS in sight. :yawn:

Because these techniques weren't popular at the time. Again, its easy to see causation from correlation.  The rise in use of reversals has risen, quality has gone down. - Doesn't mean that the use of STS is responsible. Perhaps it would be more logical to ascribe the difference to the fact that since the days of Nevil etc there has been an EXPONENTIAL rise in copy cat, slap dash 'breeders' simply coming up with their 'own versions' of other peoples work, slamming things together etc...?

If the great breeders of yesteryear had the same procedures and info as readily available at the time, I'm sure they would have made ample use of selfing and female x female sib matings, as do the likes of Ryan Lee, the Crawford brothers etc today.   Anyway not gonna waste my time challenging outdated inaccurate views that have likely been held and enforced through bias for years....   :hippy:

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

Typical, answer a question to someone and you open a pandoras box on the state of plants and the ethics of breeding.

Not only that you give an honest reply about your own experience and people find some entertainment in trying to denigrate it.

Also, why bring the tone down with wanker emojis are you unable to articulate anything without it being a quick and easy insult?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GSZZ said:

I can barely believe my eyes.

Cannabis is dioecious, which means that HALF of the gene pool belongs to the male population. Do you really think making a dioecious plant act monoecious, and removing half of the genetic potential, is the "cutting edge of modern cannabis breeding?" (what a fucking joke lol ) I literally can't get my head around what it is you don't understand about that? Males pass genes on to the female half of the line and vice versa, by endlessly removing the males what kind of unique allele cominations are you removing from the gene pool forever? So by this thinking should we just pollute all the landrace stock thats still out there as well? Do you think it was a good idea that Greenhouse gave a load of himalayan farmers coloured fem seeds to ruin their stock? Is it a good thing that Jamaican land race varities are all polluted with European shit in them and have literally disappeared forever?

I don't disagree with you in that its bad breeding, as catfish has stated above ACE and Cannabiogen did a great job on their fem lines because they actually worked them traditionally before femming the lines, which really no one does. Thats an example of selfing and feminising done right.

Where do you think all the original stock they fucked up in holland/Spain came from? Dioecious stock, most of what Europeans are fucking with at the moment can be traced back to Sam, Neville, or OT1 all of which was original dioecious, traditionally worked, stock. 

Imagine some of those lines like Skunk #1, ESB, and Super Silver Haze bred traditionally and the back bone for so so many companies these days and not one of them was bred with a bottle of STS in sight. :yawn:

Where would you get land race genetics now a days? 

Pin this shit! :hippy: 

Thanks to all of you though seriously this thread should be saved for any future people wanting to know anything about fems, regs and autos 

16 minutes ago, Funk P said:

World of seeds used to have a pretty good selection, grew one of their thai verieties years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

Anyway not gonna waste my time challenging outdated inaccurate views that have likely been held and enforced through bias for years....   :hippy:

Good job as well dude, femming the cutting edge of cannabis breeding lol sod your marker assisted selection eh lollol

3 hours ago, Degsy said:

Very interesting thread and nice to see you posting @GSZZ

Really nice to be back and feeling a bit more myself mate thank you :) 

1 hour ago, Funk P said:

My best guess would be Real Seeds, they used to have  support forums here but thats no more.

2 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

Nice to see  you bud @GSZZ

The fem Nuts won't have it, let them get on with it, if you know you know. :D

Thank you mate :) I'm always glad to see you pop up in a thread, and you're right if you know you know lollol

• Like 11

I know you know that I know that you know that I know you know...

But do they know you know that I know, you know?

Hope you're keeping well brother :yinyang:

• Like 7

I agree with the s1's being worse but all fems shouldn't be lumped into that category.I still find that femmed X's I've ran come out better than their standard versions.

@Amarillo slim one word. Phytophthora. Diversity is key. I'm curious why you are dwelling on the statement that selfing reduces diversity. We need somewhere to start if we are going to say something reduces, or increases something. I'm assuming in this case that the sensible place to start is the diversity of wild, or landrace cannabis. For an open pollinated, mostly dioecious plant, introducing selfing into the process (whilst not an issue if used frugally in managed field scale breeding, as hermaphrodism is a small component of field scale wild cannabis) at the scale we see today, undoubtedly reduces diversity. It is only a part of the overall drop in diversity that the industry has caused, but it is significant.

Hopefully, with prohibition waning in certain parts of the world, conscientious breeders will continue to open pollinate and select outdoors at a field scale, and we can manage the two tier thing that vegetables have going on these days i.e. a pool of genetics that advances with the market driving goals as a priority, and a pool of genetics with quality and diversity driving goals. The latter protecting the former from all the problems associated with a drop in diversity. Svalbard for cannabis.

For me, it's not just about the action itself, it's about the culture it creates and how that culture will influence Cannabis beyond my lifetime. GM might end up solving all of our diversity issues, but this comes with it's own set of problems. But my opinion in general is that diversity is reducing across all life and we understand the implications of that. Markets and prohibition have driven this decline in Cannabis diversity and feminised seeds are a component of that.

Edited by Cambium
  • Like 12