Pi grow room monitor/control

Gsp1ce

Ooooooo.....! 

That control panel is looking good! ;)

We're not hibernating - we're working! 

Edited by KayDog
  • Like 2

Pretty much done with my one, only thing left to do is decide on a watering program for the drip feed. Currently putting the relays though the paces with some busy switch on/off schedules for the fans (1 minute every 15min) up to day 9 hassle free now. Decided against the weight sensors for res as it would conflict with my stir system. The main positive for this thread for me was discovering the coding side to be very therapeutic :yinyang:

large.4.PNGlarge.node-rted.PNG

• Like 3

I'm so incredibly pleased for you! 

I know I'm behind - but I still hope to have a few ideas that will please you! 

Please stay around! 

Very well done! 

• Like 3

Subbed up for your thread @KayDog, looking forward to see what you got going.  

Intrigued by the wizards enclosure too, any more info to share? whats running the relays?

• Like 1

@highcontrast Keeping it under my hat for now till I get a bit further with it, hopefully have an update this week coming!

It'll be arduino powered, are the relays you're running similar? 5V powered with optos? I read some reviews and they don't look great, will have to see how they get on

• Like 2

Yes I'm using the same ones, i am tempted to purchase a shelly to test the wifi relays with a different project i got going, little more expensive tho 

• Like 1

Sub-20 quid isnt too bad !

I'm always amazed when I buy an electronic component for pennies and the datasheet is 20 pages long. Must have taken them days to even write the sheet for it and they're selling it for under a pound. Then I nip down to homebase to pick up some screws and they want 3 quid for 5 of them. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, argosthewizard said:

Sub-20 quid isnt too bad !

thats per channel tho, so to replace a 4 channel is does get expensive, its surprising how quick these channels get used up. I started with 2 then 4 and now i want 8 lol

• Like 1

On 12/06/2020 at 8:54 AM, highcontrast said:

The main positive for this thread for me was discovering the coding side to be very therapeutic :yinyang:

Absolutely man :) enjoyed the whole process. New g.room build starts tomorrow now house is up and running.

Be a while before before my Pi system goes online again...First job is clearing out the coal and arachnids. Both of which are numerous! 

• Like 2

Time for a small update on the progress! 

• I'm attempting a DIY high pressure aeroponics build, got the idea stuck in my head so decided just to jump in head first :mellow:. I've cobbled together some kind of dexters lab-esque system from bits and pieces I thought I'd need. 

noY6Enol.jpg

At the moment I've got a booster pump (rated for ~10 bar), pressure switch, accumulator and a gauge and sensor all connected with fuel hose. This then feeds into my tent where I have 4 solenoids with a spray nozzle attached for each of my tanks (see below). I'm using my arduino to control the solenoids and take temperature readings from the tanks to hopefully activate the mister if it gets too hot (at the moment I'm controlling 2 at a time and seeing how I get on with that). The system isnt recirculating but the idea is that I should be using minimal amounts of water, so hopefully the tanks don't need to be emptied - will soon find out.

I've got the pump cutting in ~7 bar and cutting out at 9 bar. To be honest I can't see this pump lasting all that long but Im hoping to use my pressure sensor to get some data on the pump performance (if its deteriorating) and maybe to tell me if a spray nozzle is clogged, although I dont know if itll be accurate enough to tell me that or if I'm clever enough to code it!

Let me know what you think!

o33rHI0l.jpg

Edited by argosthewizard
Went a bit mental on the image size
  • Like 4