Pi grow room monitor/control

Gsp1ce

@highcontrast brilliant..well impressed man..Pump enclosure is beautiful :) 

Dude your setup is lookin sweet. what led panel you rockin there?

im in the market for one..so far the 'spiderfarmer sf1000' is lookin like a winner..but well open to suggestions.

Tried Leds 10 years or so ago..was not that impressed..they were purple and sucked for flowering. 

Your panel looks like its 'working' well. 

Soon i'll be building new g.room from the ground up so can go for an optimal 'all f**ks given' design. Cant wait.

My existing g.room has been on the go since 2010 and its done well..but its time to replace the lot :) 

Dude if you do want to do the power meter install. i'll punt you the workin flow so all you have to do is hook it up..

The flow is actually really simple once you got the right numbers to punch in and i have those now :)

• Like 2

@Gsp1ce i may well take you up on that, i need to sort my feed before i tackle that one, its a little messy at the moment with all the tinkering :yep:

That led panel is a qx board from the site sponsor diyleduk.com, think the restock is due any week. Roughly 40ish without a driver (80 with). 75w panel dim-able to practically nothing. Can't rate it enough for my space. 

My last led was a DIY from this guide here, I'm guessing the theory's the same but the strips would of been upgraded several times i would imagine so a search required their .I personally would still be happy with the f-strips, grow weed just like any other light :yinyang: but if your looking for best efficiency and performance then the newest strips would be the way to go i suppose, i have seen adam from diyleduk mention the current good strip part numbers somewhere too so the info is out their.

large_led1.PNGlarge_led2.PNG

This box didn't last long tho, the metal frame i used was not suitable and a fucker to light proof. I still own the strips but i just tarted them up with some "proper" heatsinks ready to be used in a bigger grow space. I was even considering sticking a couple of qx boards in between if i can grab my hands on a few this time.  

large.2.PNGlarge.1.PNG

Some low wattage, roughly 10 watts each for the veg space

large.5.PNG

large_veg1.PNGlarge_veg2.PNGlarge.1.PNG

@argosthewizard I'm honestly not sure (it is very thin and tears easy tho), just some stuff i found in the shed from previous builds, i use it to cover the holes i have in the walls from me hanging shit and too bounce a little light around :yep: 

Edited by highcontrast
  • Like 3

@highcontrast Samsung Leds and meanwell drivers...nice :) the sf1000 uses the same..its about £200 though!

Will have a proper look at the diyleduk gear...thanks dude.

Just priced up new gear last night..almost £400 so far! so some savings would be nice :) 

And f**k...just heard from solicitor today..i get the keys to my house this Fri!...its actually gonna happen after many delays..still seem surreal.

Will have to get off my couch and do stuff! lots of stuff! 

goodbye city, hello countryside :) 

• Like 2

All the best for friday pal, best thing i ever did was move away from a major city. 5 minutes walk away and its nothing but fields and trees :yinyang: 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

All the best for friday pal, best thing i ever did was move away from a major city. 5 minutes walk away and its nothing but fields and trees :yinyang: 

#me too

• Like 2

Cheers fella's :) appreciate it.

gonna be far out actually owning a pad and can finally do what i want.

its an old farm cottage in the scottish borders well away from 'the people'.

• Like 3

Attic space is totally beggin for it! ha maybe if work doesnt pick up could do a megagrow but nah gonna have to resist...i got plans :)

There's an old brick shithouse in the garden thats gonna be new g.room once its brought up to spec. large.5ed630feb481b_IMG_20200318_113321(1).jpglarge.IMG_20200318_111710.jpg

• Like 3

Jammie fucker! :P All that space! 

I would give my left nut too have that much space to work with 

• Like 2

Was a total bonus find..and one of the few ive looked at that my old man gave the ok too (retired building inspector) :) only want to do this once so its gotta be right.

May start a new thread on g.room build and pi system install..be cool to get you guys perspectives on the various things that make an ideal setup.

Or i'll be too twatted from rippin lath and plaster out that attic! and the many other things i have to do..

gonna be mental!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gsp1ce said:

Or i'll be too twatted from rippin lath and plaster out that attic! and the many other things i have to do..

Just whap some plasterboard over it! That's what they did with my house and to begin with I was thinking "that's a bit of a cowboy move". Thinking about it though, its free insulation and sound deadening, if you don't need the height I'd say its a win win. 

• Like 2

@argosthewizard Considered it..but eventually going for full attic conversion if viable. Want to strip it back to check the condition of rafters and have a structural engineer have a look at the king post trusses(inch to low for me) then fit modern insulation, all at huge expense im thinkin.. But in for a penny....and looks like i wont be workin until autumn so got some time to get into it.

Its all subject to change though..place was built in 1849...so f**k knows what i'll encounter :) 

• Like 1

Where's the updates lately lads? Hopefully I can coax you out of hibernation with a wee teaser of my control panel

PZuYcgr.jpg?1

• Like 5