Pi grow room monitor/control

Gsp1ce

Very impressive! 

Well done! You've set the bar high! ;)

I will look at your issue tomorrow and try to find help. 

Edited by KayDog
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, KayDog said:

Very impressive! 

Well done! You've set the bar high! ;)

I will look at your issue tomorrow and try to find help. 

Thanks man..slowly gettin there. Tried a few flows and different nodes for node red but no cigar yet. there's a thing called pymodbus im gonna install and try and get some kind of response.

You get all your stuff together yet?

• Like 1

Great thread here with some lovely industriousness going on!

@highcontrast Maybe you could use your little peristaltic pump to automate the nutrient feed? Seems like it might be more up to that task!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gsp1ce said:

You get all your stuff together yet?

Kind of - a few problems with the order but pushing through. 

I reckon I'll have some good posts in about a week. ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, argosthewizard said:

@highcontrast I meant with autofeeding the nutrients straight into the main res, undiluted!

Oh i get ya, Its getting a little cramped in my small space now unfortunately. Not sure how much more tech i can squeeze inlol

• Like 2

Dfrobot PH probe arrived this morning :) so i can ignore modbus for a while :) did get a squeak of data out of it late last night but with a bunch of errors!large.IMG_20200523_095603.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_105249.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_114837.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_114932.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_115755.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_115804.jpghappy with that :)

Time to make it work..but only after a brew 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Gsp1ce said:

Dfrobot PH probe arrived this morning :) so i can ignore modbus for a while :) did get a squeak of data out of it late last night but with a bunch of errors!large.IMG_20200523_095603.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_105249.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_114837.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_114932.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_115755.jpglarge.IMG_20200523_115804.jpghappy with that :)

Time to make it work..but only after a brew 

I thought twisting wires together was a no no, (?).

• Like 1

Depends which wires... 

Signal wires as in cat5e are in twisted pairs... 

Mains wires are not twisted to reduce magnetic heat or eddy currents... Have a look at your extension reel and it should say unreel before using and/or the max current reeled and unreeled. Mine is 2A reeled and 10A unreeled. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thatman said:

I thought twisting wires together was a no no, (?).

Makes no odds with this gear..prob better for data :) 

As @KayDog was saying...theres inductive issues with mains cables when twisted, coiled etc.

Edited by Gsp1ce
  • Like 1

Just now, Gsp1ce said:

Makes no odds with this gear..prob better for data :) 

I stand corrected by your superior knowledge, and still watching in awe at your progress.:realcool:

• Like 2

Just now, thatman said:

I stand corrected by your superior knowledge, and still watching in awe at your progress.:realcool:

No probs bro. Ive worked for years as an AV technician (not that im workin much just now). and used to sit in the workshop baked building similar kinda stuff :)

Shit...maybe i miss work and this build is like a cry for help!! Nah :) Lockdown has been sound to be honest and it continues in scotland..

Cheers man

• Like 3