Budget led grow lights

ben42

@ben42

I completely understand what you're saying bud, hence why I posted the previous comment. 

For instance, I put my cabinet together for ten quid by using bits and bobs I had laying around. I then fitted it with 4 inch ruck (rhino pro filtration) and a  Sunmaster digital HPS (I run it on 250W but has capacity to run up to 660 on full bore but have never utilised it).  The kit was cheap and the box has provided.  I haven't bothered upgrading because it does the job fine enough and there's plenty here who are of the same mindset too.  Listen to folks here and they'll help you out...behave like a cock and you won't find any help afterwards ;) 

• Like 17

Agreed... you won't get told what you want to hear in this place... you will get told what you need to hear! 

People are just trying to save you pissing 100 quid up the wall on an LED light that claims to be the bees knees but wouldn't flower a daisy! 

Also, each to their own but I would try and tone the attitude down a bit when asking for help, I understand you may be frustrated that growing is more expensive than you want it to be.. but being a douchè certainly won't help your case bud, and you'll still have a crappy light at the end of it too! 

Food for thought! 

Good luck with your grow :bong:

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, botanics said:

@ben42

I completely understand what you're saying bud, hence why I posted the previous comment. 

For instance, I put my cabinet together for ten quid by using bits and bobs I had laying around. I then fitted it with 4 inch ruck (rhino pro filtration) and a  Sunmaster digital HPS (I run it on 250W but has capacity to run up to 660 on full bore but have never utilised it).  The kit was cheap and the box has provided.  I haven't bothered upgrading because it does the job fine enough and there's plenty here who are of the same mindset too.  Listen to folks here and they'll help you out...behave like a cock and you won't find any help afterwards ;) 

No i get what your saying, i don't mean to be a cock its just there are so many people set in there ways and if you conform to there suggestions then then you are wrong. i just want to grow some nice buds as cheap as possible. ok so say this time i grow 4 plants under an amazon 1200w with a heated blanket in a home made tent. next time ill upgrade. i sure ill get far more satisfaction stepping up in increments, and seeing the difference in the grow. Going from nothing to balls deep has its rewards but i would rather go bit by bit. 

also i would like to add i've gone from a £1400 per month salary to £400 a mon on universal credit, leaving me with fuck all to live after bills. yes i could buy a hps for my budget but i could not afford the electricity bill.

1 hour ago, ben42 said:

I was just looking at the lights, do you think you could get 4 plants in a 3x3 arrangement. how many plant have you grown under this light

Hi Ben42,

No, probably not with just the led.

I had little choice,  im flowering and needed a light within 2 days.

Im self employed and cannot work.

My good friend grew and flowered 3 plants in an area .75 by .75 and 1.50 high. Just with the Led light.

Hes on his 4th or 5th lot of plants now, thats what inspired me to do it.

Hes helping me set up my second area right now. I have a spare cfl so was going to use that during as well during flowering. 

Other posters, yes I know there are other lights. But that was not the question.

Also, theres only me so I dont need, or even want loads. Just some good quality weed without lots of crime involved is all I wanted.

I with I could show you some pics of the 4 kilmer jars full of really nice weed he had from last harvest.

In fact, im rolling one now and its nice, cheap and I didnt break many laws and no one got hurt for me to get it.

I dont care about much else or what anyone else thinks!!

My light is keeping my plants in flower so I havent lost anything.

Im new too, but can see the light works for what I need it for.

Jeez man, so much for tokers being chilled out!!

Hope that helps Ben, if you have any questions, its running now, Illdo my best to answer,no hate from me.

Peace,

Fry.

Ps. I emailed diy led, but it was the day of shut down. Waiting for the square on to be back in stock.

They have some very very nice kit!!

Edited by Giventofry
  • Like 1

Have you had a look to see what running a 400w hps running would cost in electric? I changed tariff and my bill went up about £11 a month, that were about 4 yrs back mind. 

5 minutes ago, Giventofry said:

Hi Ben42,

No, probably not with just the led.

I had little choice,  im flowering and needed a light within 2 days.

Im self employed and cannot work.

My good friend grew and flowered 3 plants in an area .75 by .75 and 1.50 high. Just with the Led light.

Hes on his 4th or 5th lot of plants now, thats what inspired me to do it.

Hes helping me set up my second area right now. I have a spare cfl so was going to use that during as well during flowering. 

Other posters, yes I know there are other lights. But that was not the question.

Also, theres only me so I dont need, or even want loads. Just some good quality weed without lots of crime involved is all I wanted.

I with I could show you some pics of the 4 kilmer jars full of really nice weed he had from last harvest.

In fact, im rolling one now and its nice, cheap and I didnt break many laws and no one got hurt for me to get it.

I dont care about much else or what anyone else thinks!!

My light is keeping my plants in flower so I havent lost anything.

Im new too, but can see the light works for what I need it for.

Jeez man, so much for tokers being chilled out!!

Hope that helps Ben, if you have any questions, its running now, Illdo my best to answer,no hate from me.

Peace,

Paul.

Thanks man it sounds like we are reading from the same book. its a hobby, like you im not growing to sell and pay rent of it. i just want some clean buds that ive grown for my self. soooo rewarding just like eating my own tomatoes. maybe if i get the bug ill invest in better kit but right now i just wanna grow some buds.... enjoy your smoke man im soo looking forward to my first jopint i grew my self.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Have you had a look to see what running a 400w hps running would cost in electric? I changed tariff and my bill went up about £11 a month, that were about 4 yrs back mind. 

atm my monthly bill for electric is £25 with hps it will be £100

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ben42 said:

atm my monthly bill for electric is £25 with hps it will be £100

Running 200w of HPS and 200w of LED will cost you the same.

• Like 14

Just now, PlanetCaravan said:

Running 200w of HPS and 200w of LED will cost you the same.

Im done talking to you

What im going to do is use what ive learnt to do the best with the equipment i can afford to buy and afford to run. ffs ive seen people get 20g of a plant that was grown under cfl's. so what ever i do i cant be worst than that. ill update with progress and results.

• Like 1

Hi Ben,

my led has only been delivered 5 days ago.

But even i can see its warming the area well, flowers are continuing to grow and open the light green middles of flowers.

Its says 18" away from canopy, no burning or white tips so far...

So my 2 flowering ladies have NOT died, despite having had only desktop lamps etc for 4 days. In fact,  they see  to like to really like it.

Might be to early to tell?

There are loads of other lights, but i cant comment on something i do not use.

Im just weird like that!!

Those buds prove themselves.

Ill see myself in 4 or 5 weeks!!!

Just to be clear, I dont work for them or anything.

All the best Ben!!

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Fry.

Its all very well knowing the secret of the universe, but what  was the question?

Douglas Adams.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ben42 said:

What im going to do is use what ive learnt to do the best with the equipment i can afford to buy and afford to run. ffs ive seen people get 20g of a plant that was grown under cfl's. so what ever i do i cant be worst than that. ill update with progress and results.

Yeah man!!!

I grew a massive white widdow in my garden once, by mistake! It was lovely.

Do whats good for you.

Lots of info on internet.

My grow room is a bit erm, homemade? Shall we say?

2 minutes ago, Giventofry said:

Yeah man!!!

I grew a massive white widdow in my garden once, by mistake! It was lovely.

Do whats good for you.

Lots of info on internet.

My grow room is a bit erm, homemade? Shall we say?

chers mate let the good times roll. lifes too short to abide buy the rules just jump in and see how it goes... good luck. 

• Like 1

Just now, ben42 said:

chers mate let the good times roll. lifes too short to abide buy the rules just jump in and see how it goes... good luck. 

See the kingbo 600 post, seems a good light.

Cheers to you and yours too!!

I make it roughly £25 a month to run 250w on 12/12, fuck knows how your reaching £75 

One day in the not so distant future your going to realise that @PlanetCaravan advising the hps route was the golden advice here.

As for led I would advise building your own over buying some loud blurple of the net.  For the same money you could build a 150w (true out the wall) unit, then add to it when funds permit. Its so easy even my nan could wire it up. Hell i would even rather grow with a handful of led light bulbs than buy a another blurple. Thats been done before and documented on the board.

You don't get much adjustment with a pre made blurple either, but you will have full control with a unit you build yourself.

• Like 12