Budget led grow lights

ben42

Hi guys, I've been doing a lot of thinking. My seedlings are looking really good now. I've totally given up on the idea of a really cheap grow and decided to invest some money in some propper kit. i've slightly cheaped out by building my own 4ftx4ft by 5ft tall grow tent. ive purchased a 4 inch duct fan and a carbon filter. I've been trying to find a half decent grow light for this first grow. but i seem to be just be going round in circles, not real knowing enough to make a decision on which light to buy, i was kind of hoping someone could help me out. 

ive been looking at lights like the philzon 1200w not really sure.

i have a budget of £80 to £120 and must be from amazon preferably a fulfilled buy amazon product to insure there's no delay. ive seen lights like the marshydro ts1000 but the delivery is end of may, where as forfiled by amazon lights are 2 day delivery.

If someone has any idea on which light from amazon will be good to get me started that would be great. I'm not looking for the best just something that will be ok for my first grow. 

Im sure after this grow ill invest some real money, I might have caught the bug. watching my skunk no.1 seedlings growing is sooo good. 

cheers guys

Edited by ben42

Hi Ben42,

I have a cheap wakyme 1200 light with veg and flower mode.

I broke a light and had to get a very quick replacement.

It seems great for my small set up, the 2 fans inside it are a smidge noisy but once its shut behind cupboard doors its fine. 

Might be a bit noisy in a tent though.

People seem to have a problem with them, but not have actually used one.

I chose wakyme cause my neighbour has the same one and has grown some nice stuff.

£89 free delivery and arrived while i was still choosing ballasts.

Hes had his 2 years which impressed me, and theres a 3 year warranty.

AND, if you bend over in corner of tent and stand up quick,the light wont break if you headbut it!! Just me then.

Good luck!!

Fry.

• Like 2

Don't get a light off Amazon. Don't waste 120 on a useless light. Save up and get a good board from Ali. It's about 320 for a 600w board with cree.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Giventofry said:

Hi Ben42,

It seems great for my small set up, the 2 fans inside it are a smidge noisy but once its shut behind cupboard doors its fine. 

I chose wakyme cause my neighbour has the same one and has grown some nice stuff.

AND, if you bend over in corner of tent and stand up quick,the light wont break if you headbut it!! Just me then.

Good luck!!

Fry.

thanks ive seen them in the listings. ill have another look.

3 minutes ago, PlanetCaravan said:

Don't get a light off Amazon. Don't waste 120 on a useless light. Save up and get a good board from Ali. It's about 320 for a 600w board with cree.

Right now at this time im not looking to spend stupid money when my income is less than £400 a month ion lock down. im just looking for something i can grow a few plants and be happy with the results. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Giventofry said:

Hi Ben42,

Good luck!!

Fry.

I was just looking at the lights, do you think you could get 4 plants in a 3x3 arrangement. how many plant have you grown under this light

10 minutes ago, ben42 said:

Right now at this time im not looking to spend stupid money when my income is less than £400 a month ion lock down. im just looking for something i can grow a few plants and be happy with the results. 

Why not just get a digital ballast and HPS bulb plus reflector for 80? 600w of HPS shots all over a 120 pound led any day of the week.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Giventofry said:

Hi Ben42,

Good luck!!

Fry.

That light is 200w, the spectrum is crap and costs 100 pounds. A 600w HPS with a digital ballast costs under 100 and can actual flower a 3x3.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PlanetCaravan said:

That light is 200w, the spectrum is crap and costs 100 pounds. A 600w HPS with a digital ballast costs under 100 and can actual flower a 3x3.

Its all very well getting a HPS but then you have to pay your electricity bill. getting leds keeps the bills low and to correct the heat problem ive put a heated blanket and with and led light the heat is at 23c constant in my tent. damm people that smoke weed have tunnel vision. listen to the point of the post. Cheap. if i listened to everyone's advice i would have a 3000w power draw and 20 chemicals,a 10ft by 10ft grow tent. 

this is a hobby ffs im not a grower, just looking for something to pass the time a grow some nice smoke.

Edited by ben42
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, ben42 said:

ok No problem but are you paying your own energy bills.. i doubt it. its all very well getting a HPS but then you have to pay the electricty bill every month, you maybee be able to afford a £100 bill but cant hance the reason for leds. and to mitigate the heat problem im using a heated blanket in my grow room which draws $0watts of poer and is keeping the tent at 23c stable. 

You've started multiple threads asking for help, then told everyone they are wrong. If you can't pay the leccy bill why are you starting a grow? You told everyone in your last thread you don't need a carbon filter and you were going to try and flower with like 70w of burple LED.

Do you want honest advice or to be told what you want to hear? That light above is garbage and you won't get a good result with it.  Buy whatever light you want. But why ask for opinions if you ignore them? Good luck on your grow I guess.

You've edited your post now making another argument. You won't get a nice smoke as a hobby trying to flower a 3x3 area with a 200w burple. Growers don't have tunnell vision they have common sense. Get a 200w HP's, it's still better than that light mate.

Edited by PlanetCaravan
  • Like 12

4 minutes ago, PlanetCaravan said:

You've started multiple threads asking for help, then told everyone they are wrong. If you can't pay the leccy bill why are you starting a grow? You told everyone in your last thread you don't need a carbon filter and you were going to try and flower with like 70w of burple LED.

Do you want honest advice or to be told what you want to hear? That light above is garbage and you won't get a good result with it.  Buy whatever light you want. But why ask for opinions if you ignore them? Good luck on your grow I guess.

right i listened to my original post comments and went ahead i brought a carbon filter and duct fan built a tent. then all i was looking for was a light for the money i have to spend. but it seems that there is only one way to grow according you and a few others. when clearly you can have a half decent grow with out spending £800 on kit then another £150 a month on electricty. i made it clear several times im not a grower looking to make profit. it a hobby, and ive made clear so many times. but unless i have all the kit and all the money. people like you see my plans as a waste of time. all i want to do is grow a few healthy plants and not have to call dealers and spend stip money on buds. so stop being a cunt.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ben42 said:

the heat is at 23c constant in my tent

Which isn't warm enough and imagine the supplementary heating in winter lol

Owd

• Like 3

@ben42

lol You don't need all that money fella... 'cheap' is my middle name ;)  (and I'm a Sodium fan too) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, botanics said:

DIYLED ;)  Site sponsor too, great for all your LED needs bud :yep: 

all i want to do is get through this fist grow smoke my efforts then inspire my self to step up. honestly i bet there are great tecnolagys out there waiting but what im not doing is going balls deep day one. bit by bit its far more rewarding, ive learnt through other hobbys. you first car is not a bmw m3 its a 1.1 ford fiesta..... then you get a 2.0l...you know what im saying.