Grow room guild in attic

Dando

Hi there I’m a bit all over the place,I am going to do my first grow in my attic,my main problem has been I have low height issues,1.3,I have plenty width and length,I was going to be doing it in a 1.2x1.2x1.2 pyramid tent as it’s impossible to get a decent size tent for my measurements but I’ve been talked in to building a room which would make more scense,so I was thinking I’m prob aswell making it bigger,say 1.8x2.5x1.3 high,does that sound ok or am I better just building a smaller one as would be looking to keep it under 10 plants,more if I need to tho,is there any specific growing technique?size of pots etc and what kind of yield may I expect once I got it sussed out?my head is totally minced,the height issues have caused me a lot of researching looking for tents etc but this is going to be the way to go I think,even tho I don’t have much height could I get a good yield in this space?all/any help is appreciated,thanks in advance :-)

• Like 1

@zztopbudz grew in a space that was 1.2m in height and still used 600w very effectively, vertical growing is the best way of getting round height restrictions. this grower converted me to going vertical. 

large.20180310_204837.jpglarge.20180707_093913.jpg

• Like 6

Also am I aswell building 1 room as big as I can and would I manage all different stages off growing at same time or le  as be room for a couple wee tents for prolongation and drying out etc?thsnkyou for your help :)my head is frazzled with everything

13 hours ago, Dando said:

1.8x2.5x1.3

I am currently building a space 1.5mx2.4m1.5m today :D  

That's what I am doing,make it as long an wide as possible as to allow you more option's in future. It sounds like you want a veg area as well to keep mum's and clone's.

maybe a additional 1.2m squared box either built within the flower room or outside. 

Things like pot size and plant numbers are personal preference mate, I am currently using 11 liter coco hempy pot's, if you go soil maybe finish in 8/10l pots. but again that's dependent on how many plants your wanting in the house. 

I'll be uploading my pics/progress with my build in this thread later today, hopefully you will get some pointer's to help with your's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonnieAuto said:

That's what I am doing,make it as long an wide as possible as to allow you more option's in future. It sounds like you want a veg area as well to keep mum's and clone's.

maybe a additional 1.2m squared box either built within the flower room or outside. 

Things like pot size and plant numbers are personal preference mate, I am currently using 11 liter coco hempy pot's, if you go soil maybe finish in 8/10l pots. but again that's dependent on how many plants your wanting in the house. 

I'll be uploading my pics/progress with my build in this thread later today, hopefully you will get some pointer's to help with your's. 

Hey how did you get on today bonnieauto?i don’t even know how to work this website properly never mind anything else haha,it’ll all come good I’m sure,looking forward to seeing your pics/info,I’m not sure if you meant your putting it up here,I’m just not wanting to miss it,cheers :)

On 17/04/2020 at 0:44 PM, BonnieAuto said:

Hey bonnieauto was hoping to order stuff from B&Q as soon as I have an idea what I all need,not sure if I’ve missed your updates I’m not certain my way around this site I’m just blagging it,not even sure if you’ll be seeing my messages

• Like 1

Hey @Dando I didn't get round to it yesterday, I have told myself today is the day. 

Good luck at B&Q's site mate, there is a waiting queue online too..... piss take really. 

@Dando I am making the frame from cutting loft boards up that I have left over from flooring my attic.  

so my advice is go with what ever is cheapest lol 

@BonnieAuto ok cheers,how air tight does this have to be??,I’m doubting my skills,I want to make sure it’s done right,what you using for insulation?do i need to paint inside it or anything?i do wish I could have found a tent the right size,I’ve a friend that will help me if I’m stuck but he’s no expert on building grow rooms either but he is good with wood etc,size of intake and outtake holes do I need?both at the top?And one hole some where for leads

Hi @BonnieAuto sorry to bother you again,think ive got a better option to save building this,I’m raising my roof ties 150mm and I can fit a 8ftx4ftx4ft11 inch gorilla shorty grow tent in there,think it is the better option for me,I was going to vent out under eaves,would I get away with I taking straight from loft or need to run a duct under eaves at other side,I’ll just be relieved when this is set up,so many questions,thankyou