In-house Genetics

MikeC

12 hours ago, m2jlv II said:

Platinum cake,,,does look a bit ruff but made it through.

How is the smell on them mate?

Edited by Kalkwerk

large.AA7024AD-B4D9-4A6C-ADC9-5B0E9AD3E4A4.jpeg

this is my current collection of in house genetics. the bottom row of gold packs are snow flurry, dream candy, smacking’ 

any packs that are open are packs I’ve tried at least one seed from.  Only finished a frosted apricot from the freebies so far (super dank)

most the freebies have 3-12+ beans in the packs. 1 has 1 seed, true og x plat.

I have a few videos on my Instagram page of some finished buds of my first grow of their stuff from November time. Il try figure out if I can upload here maybe. 

One of Their forbidos pheno I had that was all purple was something crazy and smelt an tasted like fresh pink grapefruit but with the bitter rind kinda smell to it like you jus cut one open an took a big whiff. I didn’t keep it as it’s not my kinda terp profile but kinda wish I did now and it was stupid frosty an real nice to look at and smoke. the greener forbidos had some gas to it but was more bitter orange rind with skunky undertones. Nice strain with some nice expressions it seems from the 2 I grew if you like citrus orangey terps.

did a couple slurricanes too one was super dense an frosty but not that loud with slight spicey fruity smells, the other wasn’t quit as frosty or dense but still really frosty an dense an was a real loud skunky funk with tropical/floral undertones. Really tasty but was quit susceptible to bud rot potentially so didn’t keep/reveg it. Hoping I can find another similar in the remaining 8 beans. 

im keeping one of my pkb remix out of the 2 I did. It revegged an was ready to clone in 4 weeks but I jus gave her couple more weeks an flowered her again super quick reveg too.

So far I Havnt had any plants I wasn’t really impressed with.

One of the slurricanes was not that loud in terps an one of the black cherry punches (only done one tho) was a bit quiet on the terps too still theres terps there jus not that loud but it’s partly my fault as I forgot to replace my bulbs with the bcp and they were well overdue but the bud of both was still really nice to smoke and had amazing bag appeal too. 

Il try get some pics of my next round an upload them here. 

currently got in veg 1 jellylicous, 2 blue Java, 1 bananasicle, 1 king sherb, and 1 twisted helix going into flower in the next couple weeks. They been vegging since March lol. Il try grab some pics when they done an upload them here. 

So far not a single pollen sack in sight either.  

Tbh their beans ain’t that expensive when you realise they are 10+ packs, often come with in house freebies (usually 2/3) and sometimes have 12 or more in a pack too (had several packs I opened have 11 or 12 beans in so far), put that with the 10% discount from the tude and you’re down to nearly £10 or less a bean (for the normal black packs at least) which tbh is pretty much the average going rate and they are all female. Can’t really complain, imo. 

Edited by Grimweeder
  • Like 7

Can tell you must be a fan of their stuff lol . Price doesn’t bother me when it comes to seeds. I probably get more bothered about the quality. Find something you like and you can keep it forever so yeah price I ain’t that arsed by.

Royal platinum I think that’s the freebies I got will have to check. They’ll be getting started at some point this month. Want to try time it so it’s coming down as the weathers getting cooler. Just for the slow drying. I have even looked up portable air con units lol only thing that put me off was meant to be heavy on the electric. 

• Like 2

@Grimweeder

Nice one mate. You should pop some of a bannacanes ((banana og x blue sherbert)) x slurricane 23). Some nice banana terps to be found.

As for Ihg I never saw a bad looking plant neither. They always looks good, often smells and taste delicious but sometimes, completly lacks in potency, so yeah, theres that.

My favourite from ihg was candy cane. Every plant from a pack was extremely frosty, tastey, some of them strong enough. Got truffle cake and sugar cane in a fridge too but for now Im running some 3rd coast gear and taking a break from ihg. After couple of packs you just realize that they are starting to get kinda boring in some weird way. Dont know how to explain this as english is not my native language but yeah they are all kinda same in terms of a punch. Generic high and im not a heavy smoker. Im bored with fruityness too. Yeah cool another frosty looking fruity strain - NEXT. I rather look at those plants than smoke them.

Need to try pkb or pkbr as i read they are quite potent, but I guess you cant go wrong with ogkb. Truffle cake might bring some good terps but for now Im done with Ihg.

Still worth every penny as after your first go with their gear you will be like HOLY FUCK THIS IS LOOKING AMAZING I NEED TO GRAB THEM ALL. 

Edited by lildaveham
Please use the @function instead
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Kalkwerk said:

@Grimweeder

As for Ihg I never saw a bad looking plant neither. They always looks good, often smells and taste delicious but sometimes, completly lacks in potency, so yeah, theres that.

My favourite from ihg was candy cane. Every plant from a pack was extremely frosty, tastey, some of them strong enough. Got truffle cake and sugar cane in a fridge too but for now Im running some 3rd coast gear and taking a break from ihg. After couple of packs you just realize that they are starting to get kinda boring in some weird way. Dont know how to explain this as english is not my native language but yeah they are all kinda same in terms of a punch. Generic high and im not a heavy smoker. Im bored with fruityness too. Yeah cool another frosty looking fruity strain - NEXT. I rather look at those plants than smoke them.

Need to try pkb or pkbr as i read they are quite potent, but I guess you cant go wrong with ogkb. Truffle cake might bring some good terps but for now Im done with Ihg.

Tbh mate ive not found any plants I would consider weak in terms of potency. They have their variation and yea some are not the strongest but I’ve had much “weaker” plants from other breeders strains (ive also had stronger but not by a huge margin). So far across nearly 3 grows mostly in house stuff and some cannarado and I did some PCS ksmorz and cake bomb this round, it’s been able to compete perfectly fine for potency. Yea the PCS are more potent but there’s not much in it and the one slap n tickle I’m keeping is a bit more potent too but it’s not as nice a high if you know what I mean. There’s really not much in it tho and I never really thought “man this is some weak ass shit” or anything.

The zurple punch bx I did this round wasn’t as potent as the others  at first with pcs, cannarado and the pkb/r and at first I thought it was pretty weak but after a 3 week/months cure and what is now 3 months curing it’s potency has really increased and it’s now just as potent as the others which is strange but I’m not complaining. 

as for all their strains being fruity too. Well I have not found that to be the case at all. I do prefer gassy/skunky weed tho in general so do tend to try to search out the strains that at least have some skunkyness/gas to them but you can see which ones I’ve opened and tried so far. 

But so far most of them have had at least some gas/skunk to them. Only 3 strains have so far been mostly fruity and that was zurple punch bx ( deep grape/purple skittles with some musky) the black cherry punch but this had some gas in flower it jus didn’t stay when dried/cured and the forbidos which I did 2 plants of and the other more green pheno was skunky/gassy and bitter orange I’d still put it with the fruity stuff but there’s some funky plants to be found and from what I’ve read the same applies to the bcp. I only did one seed of each of each tho so… A lot of their strains tend to have quit a range of terpene profiles too like slurricane can be fruity or gas or mix of both an be floral like or tropical and even some with hints of spiceyness or hash.  

Edit: oh I did a frosted apricot which was fruity but man that was something else. Super tasty an after a few weeks cure it changed from strawberry milkshake (quit loud too) to a deep strawberry chocolate/coffee funk. It was soo damn tasty, Decent potency too. Glad I got like 14 of those beans left some of the nicest “fruity” weed I’ve ever grown/had. Didn’t keep a cut/reveg cos it took a few weeks cure for the flavour to really show its true colours so I didn’t know what I had till it was too late and gone. Apparently it’s quit a common expression though. 

I mean it’s still early days yet I’m only on my 3rd grow with their beans doing 8 plants a time and usually each different strains not all of them in house but most of them.

but so far I’ve found potency to be fine, not the strongest that’s for sure but it’s far from being weak etc and they have a solid range of terpene profiles within their selection of strains and even within each individual strain ranging from all sorts of gas/skunk funk to fruity -sweet, citrus, bitter, floral, tropical and anything inbetween also all these mixed with skunk/gas funk too from what I’ve seen so far. 

my pkb/r I’m keeping has super loud gassy skunky almost cheesy without the earthyness exodus has but it has a b.o. funk going on. A few of mates said it smells an tastes like bo lol  but in a good way. You should definitely buy a pack of those. They’re gold limited edition packs too so might not be around too long. The pkb an it’s remix are rated as one of in houses best strains. Consistently dank and funky. Pretty potent too, apparently the remix has better plants overall more stinky. Also has Bud rot/mould resistant and a good yield and fast grower. Can’t really ask for much else really. She ticks every box an then some which is why I revegged her an will keep her for a while. 

the pcs (prolific coast seeds) I did that are stronger than in house and cannarado also has no gas (even tho koma claims he breeds specially for gas) it jus a piney smell (I did 4 ksmorz and 1 cake bomb females) Quit nice and real nice dense frosty bud an yield etc but I’d rather sacrifice a small amount of potency to have a better terpene profile or better range of terps as it makes the smoke overall more enjoyable. The slap n tickle is pretty fucking amazing tho potent with crazy terps from the gmo reminds me a bit like the frazzles bacon crisps when you open a pack up mixed with the classic skunky weed smell. 

we shall see tho. In house are not the only breeders I have in my collection so give it a bit of time and il be able to make a fairer comparison. In house also did just come in second in a “competition” on Instagram for the best “breeder” in the industry on Instagram etc loosing only to seed junky. So there must be a reason people like them so much.  You’re not the first person I’ve seen say that about in houses stuff tho just so far my experience has not been quit the same but we shall see in say a years time if I still feel the same way. Il come back an update this thread with my thoughts an opinions when I’ve done more of their strains and popped more beans from other breeders too. Il try to keep it much shorter too lol  

Edited by Grimweeder
  • Like 2

@Grimweeder  yeah pal, don't get me wrong. Ihg has a really nice catalog of crosses and a huge fanbase and there is no doubt that they are one of a best fem breeders right now. I saw that competition from 710labs and i did vote for ihg in a finals so Im not a hater by any means. Its just that when im poppin a pack of ihg I just know what type of weed its gonna be. Indica dominant fruity generic high without SOMETHING. Like when you saw one strain you basically saw them all. Might be because their main lines are slurricane and platinum crosses. I know what you mean about slurricane having some gas in it, but for me it was still sweet and fruity. Or maybe it is just me being bored with those types of terps. Anyway yeah dont get me wrong Im not bashing ihg as I said they are worth every penny. Im paying for instagram looking weed and im getting what i pay for. No doubt that they got beautiful plants but I really believe that thc percentage aint shit. And those mid 20 testing results really means nothing when it comes to being high like a mf.

Yeah when im gonna grab next ihg gear it will be pkb or pkbr for sure and as for a limited edition gold packs he is doing it all the time. Yada yada trichopath pkbr truffle cake limited edition when they gone they gone GRAB THEM WHILE YOU CAN and then every restock they are available again in most of seedbanks in us and attitude.

I was about to pop truffle cake at the end of this year as i really want to get something gorilla butter dominant but I read alot of reports on other forums and reddit about pancakes line being a herm city. White truffle according to beleaf and justin crawn is herm prone too. So Im gonna wait some with them but i got pbb x tagalongz, nutter butter, oreoz bx (goldcashgold), sundae driver bx, and other stuff that im more excited about than ihg gear so im cool with that haha.

Edited by Kalkwerk
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did another Platinum Cake,,smells fruity sweet,,,just smoked some Sticky Glue and was very tasty and potent but didnt yield much but only veg for 4 wks so not bad.

large.61253f4c0636a_platinumcake2.jpglarge.61253ff3e6542_platinumcake(2).jpglarge.61253f57c62de_PlatinumCake5.jpg

• Like 7

Got 2 Terp Daddy left one green one smells like Og and purple taller one smells like sweets type,,,these are Mac/Ogkb x slurricane 7

Look a bit ruff but nearly done

large.61253f58d61b5_terpdaddyx2.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I’m currently sexing Jelly Breath, Slurmint iX & Black Cherry Pie.

No problems with the last 2 but the Jelly Breath is throwing out male flowers, every plant bar none. Wanting to make seeds I just put the males to one side for pollen. Turns out 4 of those I thought were male are female so I removed the male bits and will check them all daily.

I do ask myself how much testing goes on before a new strain is released....

• Like 1