Vapes

unity

17 hours ago, FarmerPalmersNT said:

Got a tinymight for flower after breaking my splinter z v2. Not looking back. It's incredible. 

Hi mate, the Tinymight looks like a great little portable. In what ways would you say it's preferable to the Splinter Z V2?

I find the Splinter Z unbeatable for flavour, but even with the dimpled stem it gets too hot and dry for a fully satisfying extraction. Is the Tinymight a better sipper?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Exhale said:

@unity I'm on the Newvape Flowerpot, I have a Vapexhale Cloud Evo but I tired of cleaning the baskets and the glass and the bamboo.

All I've got to clean is a 20mm bowl and screen now and my glass when I cba it's mega ecstasy lazy stoner bum bliss.

I did have the Volcano but I didn't like the bags so I bought a Sublimator which was a cheeky bitch.

How do you clean the bamboo (vapexhale) ? Haven't used mine for a while now but found cleaning the glass a bit of a pain , the baskets were ok as long as you could get new ones

Edited by Degsy
clarity
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Degsy said:

How do you clean the bamboo (vapexhale) ? Haven't used mine for a while now but found cleaning the glass a bit of a pain , the baskets were ok as long as you could get new ones

I used to fold a vipe (isopropyl wipes) in half lengthways and twist it up stuff it down the bamboo and leave it there a few minutes with the caps on each end of the bamboo(the red ones that come with the unit) then pull a bit of the wipe out and just twist the wipe and it'll start turning and wiping inside the bamboo, do this as long as you like and just pull the wipe out.

I heard some people say put a deflated balloon over the bambo and pour isopropyl down the other end and just squeeze the balloon to create a washing effect but I thought cleaning that way is asking for some sort of spillage accident knowing me :D

You could try a few thin fuzzy pipe cleaners twisted together so they touch the sides of the bamboo and just soak them in isopropyl if you have it in bottles and scrub like that too. You can get them pipe cleaners easily from craft stores, the bristled ones are obviously no good as the bristles won't absorb the isopropyl. 

The baskets annoyed me, they started out 5 for 15 quid then they went to 4 for 20 and ive had a few where the bottoms failed from that welded seam design.

• Like 1

Here's what's cooking herb on my desktop atm. 

Mostly I make them from locally found wood and fit a resistor heater but this one's a halogen unit built from a section of oak handrail. 

large.5e81cb4cc4261_topandtail.jpg

large.5e81d007876aa_oakhalohandrs2.jpg

@Hippie on hill love to see a picture of your DIY halo.

• Like 19

5 hours ago, Amaethon said:

Here's what's cooking herb on my desktop atm. 

Mostly I make them from locally found wood and fit a resistor heater but this one's a halogen unit built from a section of oak handrail. 

large.5e81cb4cc4261_topandtail.jpg

large.5e81d007876aa_oakhalohandrs2.jpg

@Hippie on hill love to see a picture of your DIY halo.

Cracking mate. Fair play. 

6 hours ago, SYZYGY said:

Hi mate, the Tinymight looks like a great little portable. In what ways would you say it's preferable to the Splinter Z V2?

I find the Splinter Z unbeatable for flavour, but even with the dimpled stem it gets too hot and dry for a fully satisfying extraction. Is the Tinymight a better sipper?

The cooling unit in the TM standard stem does a much better job than the xlr8 in my opinion. I know that as the xlr8 fits the tm (obvs not with the tm cooling unit). I find the vape much smoother in the TM and the flavour marginally better too. Critically though its more consistent. The splinter was far more finicky, mod and battery dependent and needed a lot of fiddling. Also not discrete at all, and very breakable. Very nice though. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 5:41 PM, FarmerPalmersNT said:

The cooling unit in the TM standard stem does a much better job than the xlr8 in my opinion. I know that as the xlr8 fits the tm (obvs not with the tm cooling unit). I find the vape much smoother in the TM and the flavour marginally better too. Critically though its more consistent. The splinter was far more finicky, mod and battery dependent and needed a lot of fiddling. Also not discrete at all, and very breakable. Very nice though. 

Can you try and convince me that I dont need one.. :unsure:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is there room for portables here?

I drive a pax 3, sometimes, a DaVinci Miqro, inbetween and when I feel like cloud chasing I use my DaVinci IQ 1 - Havent tried the new one yet...

They all serve a very clear purpose...The Miqro is good for daily pain relief or micro dosing. Nice on a sunday mooch with the dog...Couple of light bowls, not enough to break your stride, just chill it out a bit...

The PAX3 is awesome for quick blasts - it heats up super quick and cools quick too. Nice flavours and some milky clouds with the right resinious weed...

The IQ is a creamy vape, get that temp up at the 400mk, and you can cloud chase a bit too - its got special ceramic bowls and airways with a flavour chamber, so you can add some small nugs to the chamber for a flavour burst.

Under normal circumstances I use the IQ most of all. You can pack nearly a .5g bowl, which lasts me most of the day to be fair.

Do like a vape and rarely toke these days...

I just got a mighty in a 420 sale and it would still be worth it full price - it's taken ten minutes to write this post for starters.

• Like 4

On 29/03/2020 at 5:28 PM, FarmerPalmersNT said:

Got a tinymight

I'm tempted by the Tinymight. Have you tried the Mighty and if so, how does it compare?

CloudEvo, Volcano, Plenty, Mighty, Dynavap, Grasshopper, Firefly2, iOlite

13 hours ago, mac_47 said:

I'm tempted by the Tinymight. Have you tried the Mighty and if so, how does it compare?

CloudEvo, Volcano, Plenty, Mighty, Dynavap, Grasshopper, Firefly2, iOlite

Yes, and I'm not a huge mighty fan so maybe the wrong person to ask. Mighty is OK, but it is very much a large part conduction. Flavours better by a good margin in the tm, plus less plastic which psychologically at least makes for a better experience. It's also a LOT smaller and more discrete. Mighty does beat it for capacity and battery life (offset by just charging spares for the TM which can't be done with the mighty) . Can't think of much else. 

• Like 2