Help if you can

Oldbear

I think with self isolation and lockdown going to be happening for a while this place is going to be very busy and more important to us all and posts like this make it a community i am happy to be part of.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 25

Maybe we could set up a team speak server so people in isolation don't go totally doolally.I'm not sure of the security implications but I know many miss the live chat facility we used to have.

Stay safe all

:hippy:

Gumbo.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Gumbo said:

Maybe we could set up a team speak server so people in isolation don't go totally doolally.I'm not sure of the security implications but I know many miss the live chat facility we used to have.

Stay safe all

:hippy:

Gumbo.

Still use teamspeak for Counter strike now and then, great free place to talk for sure. 

• Like 2

How has Covid affected the money flow of this site? Just out of interest. I think with it being a digital entity and the people running it could all but isolate and still run it I would be pressed to think how. Also as someone has said, the site will likely be busier with everyone indoors.  

I'll probably pop in a subbie order at some point but I think we're all struggling/going to be struggling if I'm totally honest.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Nervous said:

How has Covid affected the money flow of this site?

Sponsors close up like most businesses mate, at some point. That I believe makes up most of the cash flow to keep everything running. 

As I mentioned, this really is only an idea for anyone in a position to do it. It's by no means a demand or anything. It's just, as you've noted, likely to be busier with everyone home. It would suck to see this place go offline too. 

This idea is on me not the site, there's no obligation whatsoever. 

:bong:

Obie 

• Like 8

Oh right, there was me thinking businesses were being given cash to stay afloat. Looks like Attitude and a few others aren't showing any signs of shutting anyway. Isn't it thoroughly shitty of sponsors to cut funding when it's needed most then turn around and expect their publicity back once things get back to normal?

Fair weather friends.  

Nah I get you now don't worry! Didn't understand that the people who sponsor us were exempt from government funding.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Isn't it thoroughly shitty of sponsors to cut funding when it's needed most then turn around and expect their publicity back once things get back to normal?

I honestly think most businesses are trying to stay afloat and pay staff who are off. Advertising isn't a high priority when things like this force everyone to refocus as it were. If we can keep this going with kind gestures when possible we're helping a lot of people I think. 

:bong:

Obie 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

pay staff who are off

I seem to remember watching something yesterday saying the government were covering staff wages. Oh well. I suppose I was just thinking that everyone else seems to be looking after each other in the face of all this. 

Whatever the case, might be time to consider alternate sources for funding. Has selling UK420 merch not been considered? I spent about £20 on essentials the other day (hemp skins, roaches, lighters etc) that are pretty easy to have customised for pennies. 

Edited by Nervous
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nervous said:

I seem to remember watching something yesterday saying the government were covering staff wages. Oh well. I suppose I was just thinking that everyone else seems to be looking after each other in the face of all this. 

Whatever the case, might be time to consider alternate sources for funding. Has selling UK420 merch not been considered?  

Like I said, this is on me not the site. I thought it was a good idea. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Has selling UK420 merch not been considered?  

It’s been discussed as have a few ideas. 

The merch one is a funny one, I printed t-shirts for the site for a competition about 8 years ago (ish)

lots of people were reluctant to get involved because they didn’t like the idea of wearing a T-shirt associated with the site as they felt it marked them out as a grower. The eventual design was pretty subtle, only people who’d known the comp would have known what the T-shirt was from.

Merch would be a great idea if it’ll sell. It’s one of those things that costs on initial outlay, so not something anyone can afford to get stuck with. I personally know a screen printers that are struggling as of now and laying off staff, they’d be happy of the business and I could get a good deal.

If peeps are interested in merch then it’s very possible. What do people think? The scene has changed a lot since I last did t-shirts and people seem less bothered about being associated with cannabis. 

so yeah, who’d be interested in 420 merch?

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 25

8 minutes ago, Cursed said:

so yeah, who’d be interested in 420 merch?

I'll have a shirt mate definitely :yep:

• Like 6