DIY LED Strip build 350w

Diddy

23 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Yep its gone up from this morning when i checked ! Twas $4 something now its $29 for one !

I hope someone grabbed some at the original price !

Did you get any @Diddy ?

Nope never got any lol. Was just passing on a deal. I saw it 3 days ago on another forum - sorry for not mentioning sooner. I already have a set up and I also got another setup that I havent even built yet which is Brigelux strips. I must admit i was very tempted to just buy 20 strips....but misses is watching me like a hawk lol.

• Like 4

could you just add more strips to make it 400/500/600w etc upgrading driver and stuff..

really good info :stoned: cheers

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

now it just looks like I'm spoiling for a fight(nothing could be further from the truth, I just want folks to be as safe as possible from an electrical standpoint)

I don't think you are, we're all well aware how devastating electrical fires can be and how fast they act.

As someone who has zero electrical knowledge other than how to wire a plug I think you are very wise to highlight any possible safety issues.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, twigs said:

could you just add more strips to make it 400/500/600w etc upgrading driver and stuff..

really good info :stoned: cheers

You could add as many of the same strips as you wanted. You just need to have a driver to suit your voltage/amps requirements.

• Like 4

Advanced issue found

2 hours ago, Dodgee said:

Or has the price gone up coz I'm sure it was cheaper than that this morning??

Panic buying mate :yes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diddy said:

You could add as many of the same strips as you wanted. You just need to have a driver to suit your voltage/amps requirements.

that’s wicked :stoned: 

I could afford an led light this way :) 

cheers peeps!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, twigs said:

cheers peeps!

you should do a search on youtube mate lots of ideas:yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

@Ned Flanders  I know what I'd do:). If it were a fixed installation then I wouldn't have a problem with twin and earth. In this instance we are talking about light fitting that will be moved up and down and this is why I would only use flex. I certainly wouldn't recommend solid cable over stranded for the same reasons. I would also question why a 350W fitting (draw less than 1.5a) would need a 2.5 cable but now it just looks like I'm spoiling for a fight(nothing could be further from the truth, I just want folks to be as safe as possible from an electrical standpoint)

Your right im wrong. Mines is wired in T&E. My light doesn't move.....my plants DO. As for 2.5 well id rather future proof and derate the cable for heat humidity and external influences but in hindsight yes you could use 1.0mm.....There is indeed guidance in the regulations that covers fixed wiring which myself and toke have advocated and there is also relevant guidance for supplying movable machinery.

TBH both ways are fine. As long as you use the correct type of connectors. Lets be honest even if you wanted to raise and lower lights which admittedly most growers seem to prefer then you could still do this safely with T&E correctly secured down your hanging chain ect.

Again I should probably do a footnote on my posts Do not do as I do....lol. Anyway moo t point as the deal is er.....OVER. 

15 minutes ago, twigs said:

cheers peeps!

It is a good wee hobby lol. You end up reading and ordering all sorts of stuff. Far reds from Australia Deep red from same. Cheap old knockoff boards from china. Genuine samsung stuff and bridgelux stuff from places like arrow and digikey...and others. You can make a very good light DIY using genuine parts and in the dimensions of your choosing. Just match your driver to your amount of volts/amps you need.

• Like 2

Properly bummed the deal ended!

I was all set to build myself a knock off lumatek for a minute there! lol

600w of led for less than £200 would've made my Christmas/birthday/new year, especially as I could've made the frame to fit my 1.5m2!

Oh well, back to saving ittis for now..

• Like 5

1 guy on another forum (the guy who actually posted about these strips got nearly a tray full of them) all delivered no messing lol. So they did honour it as I thought they would being what they are (arrow that is)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! What wattage is each strip again plz ?@Diddy

Do you know the dimensions? Length more importantly?

Trying to work out how many i need :yep:

Also do you know how much shipping is?  

Many thanks

Edited by Dodgee
+ question
  • Like 1

Fuck it I ordered 10 anyway just incase the offer disappears again! lol

That ought to be enough to do something with.

Fingers crossed I don't get stung with any import tax now :v:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Fuck it I ordered 10 anyway just incase the offer disappears again! lol

That ought to be enough to do something with.

Fingers crossed I don't get stung with any import tax now :v:

Sorry mate i was out panic buying free range eggs lol.

Off the top of my head they are 500mm each. On the setup in the first post you will drive 6 strips to achieve 350 watts. Swap your driver for a nicer dimmable meanwell which can output say 480 watts and your strips should handle that no probs. 

Glad you got some lol. I only bought them due top fomo - they will go in my emergency stock.