the noir wooden spoon attempt .6th try at sweet seeds annual competition

vince noir rock n roll star

44 minutes ago, ratdog said:

next time i come in here i want to see that you have tidied your room young man!

good luck mate

Note to self dinna let ratty see inside my tent lol

• Like 6

it was going too well ..i almost gave up on a wooden spoon ..clothes peg maybe but certainly not a bamboo stick ..

that tiny spot i pointed out ..well seems do sweet dos had one too ..after repotting last night and putting into flower tent ..this morning i went to check and yep sure as day ..fried leaves ..luckily its the same as the red mandarine and will lose those leaves and hopefully nowt else affectec ...

give me muh spoon ..

large.IMG_3198.JPG

nice roots ..not yellow enough for cutlery

large.IMG_3199.JPG

and not 8 hours after repot theres the dying leaves ...cracking stuff ..

• Like 11

Nice one mate, some good work in here reading your plants and responding to the issues. May I ask why you diffuse your light so much? Your limited on height and running non dimmable 65w quantum board?  

• Like 4

limited on height and no dimmer on the 65watt quantum board ..all within 14inch tall tent ..with a 14 inch sq floor ..so realllllllllllllly intense ..gets seeds germed well and first week or two of growth and then its frying tonight rubber tee tee ..so by diffusing the light heavily it has almost stopped the frying ..i will eventually take the quantum board and put it in flower tent ..and go back to less intense cfls for the first three weeks ..

• Like 7

@vince noir rock n roll star - suspected that was why, thanks for clarifying. I don't run mine any lower than 22 inches in veg so all making perfect sense now. I think the CFL is a good shout for you area and the extra LED beans in your flower tent will be beneficial for sure. 

• Like 4

No good that vinny far to much skill involved here for a spoon :nono:lol

Best leaving the crap growin to those of us to whom it comes natural like :wassnnme:

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 3

ian gillen once sweated on me and apologised ..whilst playing bongos of all things ..

whereas ozzy just soaked us in a bucket of water ..two different things ..much like the mandarines ..which 

@McHazy thinks look ok ..yet not noticed they will be fried very soon ...im good at that ..

still got another two mandarines to start and a do sweet dos ..but timing in the mudhut is qute right yet ..

large.IMG_3205.JPGlarge.IMG_3204.JPG

the mandarines of many colours and leaf damage .

the do sweet dos ive got plenty of time to mess up ..

although i gave myself a bit of a shot by mixing in eco charge and eco thrive into the soil when repotted ..

large.IMG_3203.JPG

• Like 10

They're certainly thriving anyway . the soft light is the best shot for starting plants . 

I don't see much dirt ,clean plants at least . So long as no one leaves a graffiti on the side of the tent regarding dirt and their girlfriend . 

• Like 3

On 1/18/2020 at 0:03 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

large.IMG_3198.JPG

poor thumbage mate, you do realise this is a competition, and points are everything?

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 6