the noir wooden spoon attempt .6th try at sweet seeds annual competition

vince noir rock n roll star

Sweet Seeds. Nouveautés 2012 - Blog du Growshop Alchimia

after last years abysmal attempt which was hindred by family events ..this years approach is going to be different ..very different ..

im reverse pyschologying the plants this time ..telling them ..wooden spoon is the prize to go for ..

i plan on using several types of nutrients ..but mostly @Intense Nutrients 

the plants will be started under the 65 watt quantum board from @diyleduk and then flowered under the scope 220 dialed down to ..50 watts ..im going to really try and go for the less is more approach .theres also a good chance i will flower in large airpots with wicks this time as a couple of years back this method produced some meaty buggers on the nug side .

so many thanks to @Sweet Seeds-tommy @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp and @Sweet Seeds Apolo  for hosting yet another cracking competition that im sure will  bring out  the worst in me and the best in others (wink)

so ..good luck to everyone who`s in it to win it ....your trophies are safe from me ..lol ...crack on and unleash the hamsters of war ..

large.IMG_3070.JPG

the a team .

large.IMG_3073.JPGlarge.IMG_3074.JPG

some of the starting magic 

large.IMG_3075.JPGlarge.IMG_3077.JPGlarge.IMG_3076.JPG

the starter home ...look bigger on the outside ..

large.IMG_3079.JPG

and finally ..this ..a warning ...this stuff reeks of poo ..i use a syringe to measure this liquid magic out and accidentally got it on my hands ...good lord above heavens to betsly ..i honestly thought id fisted a cow ...

anyway ..were under way ..best of luck ..or rather ..give me my wooden spoon trophy ...

• Like 22

week one is officially underway ..all three of the roister doisters are poking their heads up ..

large.IMG_3096.JPG

i ended up having to remove do sweet dos helmet as it wouldnt budge ...in doing so i tore a bit of the top off ..oh cracking start ...wooden spoon you will be mine .

the soil is jacks magic btw 

• Like 16

large.IMG_3137.JPG

6 days on ..so end of week one ..nothing but water given .ignore the fried thing in the corner ..it was an experiment gone wrong ..

• Like 18

Will follow along mate, the Red Mandarine looks really nice, always liked the Cream Mandarine, in auto too. I chose the Do-Sweet-Dos as well so I'll be watching those intently.

Best of luck.

GV.

• Like 4

Good to see you in here! I am sure it will be another fun competition with you and a great diary to follow - no pot noodles either.. Phew lol 

Best of luck mate! :yep:

• Like 4

Hi Vince!

Welcome again to our competition :yep:

All looking good so far, all the best with it and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 6

21 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

Love the fact that it's still there, optimism at its finest. 

it just resting .

9 hours ago, GreenVision said:

Will follow along mate, the Red Mandarine looks really nice, always liked the Cream Mandarine, in auto too. I chose the Do-Sweet-Dos as well so I'll be watching those intently.

Best of luck.

GV.

cheers fella ,red mandarine is a baseball bat of a plant and do sweet dos is just a really really lovely smoke so to have them as entrants ..free seeds of them ..ive won already id say ..

8 hours ago, McHazy said:

Hmm I reckon you gonna be handin ower that wooden spoon real soon bud :yep:lol

Good start aw the best

geeeetttttttt tae fook is it ,cheers ,no voodoo needed this year ..got that pagan pixie dust stuff eco dusty bin ..

7 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

Good to see you in here! I am sure it will be another fun competition with you and a great diary to follow - no pot noodles either.. Phew lol 

Best of luck mate! :yep:

thanks and noodles is a different ball game ..i rule that kingdom ..in here im the donkey from shrek .

5 hours ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Hi Vince!

Welcome again to our competition :yep:

All looking good so far, all the best with it and sweet smokes!

tommy

many thanks chaps ..twas a beautiful affair last year ..some serious growing skills on show ..i hope this year brings out the best in all the diaries .

right ..just went to check the plants to see for two things ..one if they were thirsty ..they are ..they will get water in the morning not at night ..

two to see if the light intensity has caused any spotting ..and yes it has a couple of lower fan leaves have them ,i will watch these as the plants flower to see if they yellow and drop as poisonata kindly mentioned  ,

because of very limited space in the veg /seed tent ,its only about 18 inch tall ..the 65 watts of quantum goodness is way too much ..it keeps things nice and warm though ..so to tone it down i had made a diffuser for it last year ..ive just added another layer to it to really tone down the intensity and it seems to be having a good effect .

as the plants get a bit bigger (im going to fully root these out in these pots before repotting and putting into flower .) 

i may remove a layer of the diffuser .

but what can i say about eco thrive and charge ..these plants seem to have almost doubled in size since i last looked at them a couple of days ago .

large.IMG_3170.JPGlarge.IMG_3169.JPGlarge.IMG_3168.JPGlarge.IMG_3167.JPGlarge.IMG_3166.JPG

• Like 13

Wooden spoons ,man when I think of them I remember having a red ,stinging ass after doing something I shouldn't have done ! 

Plants are growing quick ,great start and all the best .:skin_up:

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Exhale said:

You should have rocked up late and gone 12/12 from seed on the windowsill in pots of miracle gro compost

did that once before ..miracle gro coco ..you want massive buds that spit and spark in a joint ..then thats the stuff ya want to grow in ..

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Wooden spoons ,man when I think of them I remember having a red ,stinging ass after doing something I shouldn't have done ! 

Plants are growing quick ,great start and all the best .:skin_up:

red stinging arse ...see ..theres always a positive in life ..

• Like 5

Plants are looking great so far, are you sure you're going for the wooden spoon?

I think you're trying to reverse psychology on everyone else, so your plants will win, you will score untold riches and take over the world...

Im right am I not?

the one at the front with the big fat indica leaves looks like its gonna be a bruiser.

Good luck with the comp , mate.

• Like 4