the noir wooden spoon attempt .6th try at sweet seeds annual competition

vince noir rock n roll star

On 12/01/2020 at 10:12 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

large.IMG_3077.JPG

For the final prizes we evaluate:
    •    The cleanliness and general appearance of the grow room (indoor) or of the grow area (outdoor) [20%]

I'd say you're looking good for that wooden spoon, buddy :yep:

Good luck with the grow.

• Like 9

shoulda seen the state of me tshirt ..chocolate cake ridden affair ..need a spoon to get it on .

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Tony K said:

For the final prizes we evaluate:
    •    The cleanliness and general appearance of the grow room (indoor) or of the grow area (outdoor) [20%]

I'd say you're looking good for that wooden spoon, buddy :yep:

Good luck with the grow.

Heh just wait til I get going lol

• Like 8

ahh a wee dutty scotsman ..wouldnt be a competition without a grubby urchin ..this year it seems sweet seeds got two ..probably cos of brexit .

• Like 8

well nearly didnt get any phenos ..the cold last night and the light intensity did get to the red mandarine in the small tent even with extra diffusion ..oh yes gotta have the diffusion ready ..

so because i spotted the start of the damage on the red mandarine i repotted and put her into the flower tent which is running at about 50watts ..looks incredibly dim but plants responded as its such a small space ..also tube heater was deployed underneath the red mandarine ..to dry the soil out and warm her up ..and sure enough today her leaves are uncurled .. but as you can see the damage continues ..i will lose these leaves when flowering starts for sure ..

another issue from over intense lighting early on is the squatness of these two mandarine strains 

both have been put into flower at just 4 inchs tall ..should end up with twenty inch tall plants but we shall see ..

i will be doing more of these two in a couple of weeks maybe one week ..but using more diffusion of light early on or even a different light as the quantum board is pretty intence ..too much ..so a move around is due ..back to a cfl in seedling and add the quantum in the flower tent ..

the do sweet dos is not showing any light damage at all so can remain in veg ..that wooden spoon came a knocking ,

large.IMG_3173.JPGlarge.IMG_3171.JPGlarge.IMG_3172.JPG

spot the damage ..^

large.IMG_3175.JPGlarge.IMG_3174.JPG

• Like 10

Hi vince :P

Welcome to the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition, you are a classic here and it is always a pleasure to read and to follow your diaries ;)

Best of luck!
jaypp

• Like 7

On 1/12/2020 at 10:12 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

large.IMG_3079.JPG

and finally ..this ..a warning ...this stuff reeks of poo ..i use a syringe to measure this liquid magic out and accidentally got it on my hands ...good lord above heavens to betsly ..i honestly thought id fisted a cow ...

Hi @vince noir rock n roll star - good to see your thumb back in the contest again - really good to just see it, and not smell it!

Best of luck with the grow - hope you get some sweet smokes from those three, and any that come after. :yep:

Edited by delagdo
  • Like 6

That foundation is next level honking,I've enjoyed my babies nappies after weetabix more than smelling that shit,seems to work proper though. 

Theres a new system of Sweet Seeds wooden spoon awards, if your really shit enough you get a wooden clothes peg, if your particularly useless you get a bamboo kebab stick,I'm aiming for the peg.

• Like 4

Hi Vince, aiming for the wooden spoon does not suit you, no way.   Gold or platinum at least suits you much better mate.

Plants are looking good, wishing you a smooth and easy grow and your reverse psychology works a treat

atb shire

• Like 4

well well well ..seems i managed to save red mandarin from being papery bonfire material ..two days into flower and the correction and the stopping of fried leaves has happened ..phew ..still time to go for the bamboo stick ..

the cream mandarin responded just as well too which was nice ..

now the do sweet dos being under a more diffused light isnt experiencing anything untoward ..dammit ..

its needing its repot very soon ..but i have to remove a plant before theres room in the flower tent for him .her ..it ..maybe it identifies as a stinging nettle ..a big gay nettle ..am i allowed to say that ? ..who knows .

again the worse the stank the better the roots ..foundation really should be an industry standard ..ahhhhhhh thats why a wooden clothes peg would be a great prize ...doh 

also ive taken some pics to show the light burn early and what it does ..

large.IMG_3186.JPG

see the tiny dot on the leaf ...it will spread to become this 

large.IMG_3187.JPG

i managed to spot it early on the cream mandarine but not early enough on the red mandarin ..so the red one will lose a few leaves and the cream much less so ..

as for dsd .

large.IMG_3184.JPG

loving the diffuser ..

large.IMG_3185.JPG

and cream mandarin ,,

nearly time to start another two mandarins 

• Like 10