2020 Journal ,Indigo Berry & Gorilla Girl

Michael Luchóg

On 19/2/2020 at 10:02 PM, delagdo said:

Great training technique @Michael Luchóg. Your plants are looking very nice and healthy. It's great to see the differences between the strains.

Thanks buddy . I'm in a habit of twisting and bending ,and sometimes even breaking stems . 

I potted on the two Gorilla girl into 11 litre pots . I eventually found a useful ,small fan . The one's I've been using are too strong ,especially in cold weather . Anyway ,I bought two ,one on the floor and one in the air . large._20200222_164829.JPGlarge._20200222_164859.JPGlarge._20200222_164918.JPGlarge._20200222_164943.JPGlarge._20200222_165021.JPG

I also sprayed plants with soapy stuff from a garden center . 

• Like 11

Hi folks . Plants are ticking along ,no great vigour as the temperatures are cool ,and I can't use much electricity and keep blowing the fuse on an oil rad when I move the dial too far ,so I just put a tube heater on the floor ,and I have an electric blanket or I'll procure one somewhere if I can't find it . It's snowing outside ,so pretty cold and I'm glad I got that small fan . large._20200228_142249.JPGlarge._20200227_175911.JPGlarge._20200227_175833.JPG

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Exhale said:

Hi @Michael Luchóg have you got much snow there fella? We had a bit today mostly up the hill, it can stay there too!

Girls look good in spite of the temperature there buddy. :yep:

Thanks Exhale , ah just enough to keep the car off the road but it's melting fast now ,just normal ,miserable weather ! Take it handy  .

• Like 3

Plants are all showing roots at the drainage holes ,and growing but not very fast . Anyway I took them outside for a picture ,a quick shock for them . large._20200305_185615.JPGlarge._20200305_185558.JPGlarge._20200305_185540.JPGlarge._20200305_185519.JPG

• Like 10

Good looking plants there, apologies for not wishing you luck in the comp. earlier, I have been popping by and love the sound of your compost mix. 

Hope things warm up a bit for you, Happy growing :)

• Like 3

No worries @Clumsy, and thanks . I don't get to every diaries and not half as much as I intend to or want to look at on the forum .Also ,since a storm a few weeks ago my internet is pretty useless ,and I may have to change provider . Regarding weather ,it's snowing again ,and I found the second electric blanket . Now I can assume there isn't one for me ,and as someone once mentioned ,I care for my plants more than I do myself ,maybe an exaggeration . 

I moved the plants so I could make room for some seedlings and you can't get a whole lot under a 250w bulb ,so I have another 250w bulb running in an attic ,or loft !  So I have these plants in the loft attic ,and there's very little headroom ,110 cm to the apex ,and as you can see the plants are quite short ,and may be down to having hardly any dark period . The Gorilla Girl though aren't as vigorous or strong as the Indigo Berry Kush . 

I watered last night and had to soak the root ball throughout , as the top half and especially the top had become very dry . I should probably plunge a plant pot into a bucket for a minute and lift it out every second or third watering ,rather than just capillary action and no real soakage on top or in the centre . I guess it's better than the opposite complaint and stagnation ,rot . 

I have a few more plants I want to flower beside these , fill the space and use two bulbs ,but they're a little small at the moment and need repotting .

large._20200310_194453.JPGlarge._20200310_194548.JPGlarge._20200311_190408.JPG

• Like 10

Lookin fine there mate ye seem to dealin wi the low temps better than I usually manage to like lol

Aw the best dude :yep:

• Like 2

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 9:33 PM, jadenugs said:

Nice and healthy mate, short and stocky too for your attic space :yep:

Thanks @jadednugs ,I could do with some short robot to get in there and clean it ! I'm forever finding a few dead houseflies :thumbdown: ,but can't beat nature . I washed and spayed everything down a few days ago . Take it easy .

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 9:10 AM, McHazy said:

Lookin fine there mate ye seem to dealin wi the low temps better than I usually manage to like lol

Aw the best dude :yep:

Well ,fair play if you can keep them green . Thanks again @McHazy

I have an electric blanket under the pots ,and a tube heater in the middle of them ,on 24/7 . Today is the first day of 12/12 . 

There is a red pilot light on the blanket and the tube heater so tomorrow I'll have to get some duct tape to cover it over ,as I do think if it's strong enough it'll interrupt the dark and cause some mischief ,or Mrs Man . 

I love the cheap USB fans . They're extremely easy to burn out I understand but just as good as the clip on fans that burn out much the same ,still just 2.5 w and less than a tenner . When the summer comes though they're not much good .

I gave the plants a drop of a molasses based feed . The NPK ratio something like 3 .0.2.6 ,so very little phosphorous . I must also buy a bottle of seaweed tomatoe feed .It's a natural product made in the south east I think ,it reeks and goes a long way . This organic feed I got lately is from Hygeia,part of Bayer I think ,not a terribly organic organisation . large._20200315_205944.JPGlarge._20200315_210018.JPGlarge._20200315_210038.JPGlarge._20200315_210116.JPG

• Like 8

Thankyou @Openairbud,appreciate any comments and sorry if I don't get around to everyone's diary /I'll catch up though ,there are cloudier days and boredom but I've hardly had a minute to look at my plants . 

It's day 8 of 12/12 .

I believe I've made a booboo ! I sprayed the plants just before the lights went on but the droplets hadn't dried before the bulb and the magnifying glass effect started ,and as a result I have some burned spots on leaves . 

I'm pretty sure they grew too close to the bulb ,and I didn't move it up on time . 

large._20200324_122326.JPGlarge._20200324_122623.JPG

Take care folks .:skin_up:

• Like 6

Hi Michael, your plants are looking great despite frying a few patches :doh: shouldn't cause a real problem unless you make it a habit!

Take care and stay safe :yep:

• Like 2