2020 Journal ,Indigo Berry & Gorilla Girl

Michael Luchóg

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 8:39 AM, shire said:

All the best with your grow Michael. I see we are both doing the Indigo Berry Kush! Will be watching with much interest at how yours get on.

Also hope your home made soil works out a treat for you.

Thanks man ,it should be alright providing I don't overwater ,peat is hard to wet and hard to dry when it gets sodden ,because I've added some sand it makes it hard to guage ,but I do like a light medium ,so I may mix some coco through the next batch ,but I'll decide when I'm potting on . Indigo berry ,It's a nice name ,make sure you keep a cut it might be really nice to toke too . 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 9:31 AM, McHazy said:

Lookin good there mate aye :yep:

Interestin to see homemade compost always like tae see someone doin it themselves like

Aw the best bud

Thanks McHazy ,I have a pot of tae brewed ,grab a cup .:upside: 

It's all the same I think ,yet different mixes but this same peat is baled into squares ,packed into trucks and sent to Holland and the UK for compost . If anyone's ever seen reconstituted compost in Holland ,it's a big ,not steamy, pile of pallets and petals . I'd sooner scrape it together from under old trees . 

Anyway ,moving on and plants are growing ,not too fast ! They're strong seed ,I can tell .I'm sure most folks can see that . I have other seedlings that are old ,sometimes plant strains are weak at the start but the Sweet Seed plants are thriving in comparison to some of the others so I'll probably toss them out . 

I was down to my last few buds of dry San Fernando kush the other night ,still plenty of dusty stuff . 

In a few days I may repot the two Gorilla Girl in the smaller pots . I used different pots to tell them apart ,sort of awkward I suppose . large._20200119_181404.JPGlarge._20200121_180442.JPGlarge._20200121_180345.JPGlarge._20200121_175133.JPGlarge._20200121_175111.JPG

Take it easy folks .

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 15

Another one intrigued by the homemade compost here - very interesting. I hope that the Grow Gods smile down upon you, and wish you the very best of luck :) 

• Like 5

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 7:08 PM, Exhale said:

Looking good my mate, what's your SFLK like? Much lemony goodness?

I would say a fresh lemon scent more than a zesty lemon ,if you catch my drift .It's very ice ,the bud texture is fluffy but they're not loose in structure ,just the texture is very fluffy .I have one clone left ,flowering her out now to try some different flavours .Thanks @Exhale 

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 7:44 PM, Sp1n said:

Another one intrigued by the homemade compost here - very interesting. I hope that the Grow Gods smile down upon you, and wish you the very best of luck :) 

@Sp1nThanks man . Same to you . 

It's not magic ,but the peat is close . It's clean and screened ,and the best rooting medium in my opinion . It's thousands of years of debris slowly degrading ,and I've added some more . :cowboy:large._20200123_194509.JPGlarge._20200123_194534.JPG

• Like 10

Hi folks. 

Last night I potted on the two Gorilla girl . They weren't totally rooted all around but enough for the root ball to stay intact . 

Yesterday I had a shake in my hand and the pictures were all blurred . 

large._20200127_175510.JPG

large._20200127_175620.JPG

• Like 14

Thanks @Punta Roja. Same to you man.

Yesterday the pots were dry and fairly light to lift, they took a good shot of water, with the smallest dash of seaweed extract. 

I've also given them a spritz of neem oil, rosemary and soap. large._20200130_194849.JPGlarge._20200130_194936.JPG

Topped one if the indigo Berry Kush. 

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 10

Your plants are looking very nice, I think the CMH does a great job at keeping plants warm and cozy at this time of year, and they seem to love your compost. Your last San Fernando Valley Kush buds looks lovely - just a shame there's not much left. You should have something nice to replace it with in a few months by the looks of things though :yep:

• Like 5

Hiya @delagdo . Thanks man ,I still have a cut flowering ,so more to come yet ! 

I just gave the plants a watering ,and they needed a drink . So far they haven't grown very fast and the temperatures aren't too low . The light is off now for three hours ,and an oil radiator is heating the room . The two I potted on have roots at the drainage holes ,so that's a good sign . 

A few more bulbs . large._20200201_154501.JPGlarge._20200203_200510.JPGlarge._20200203_200450.JPG

• Like 8

large._20200205_202141.JPGlarge._20200205_202116.JPGlarge._20200205_202305.JPGNot much to report , except moving the Indigo Berry plants onto larger pots . The two square ,4 litre pots .

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

How's tricks @jadenugs, thank you.

I have to move the Gorilla girls into bigger pots soon again. They're a different plant for sure with a softer and narrower leaf compared to the Indigo Berry Kush. You can even see they look more turgid and tough on the Indigo Berry, two plants on the right, square pots. large._20200216_164838.JPGlarge._20200216_164809.JPGlarge._20200216_105328.JPGlarge._20200216_105221.JPG

• Like 11

large._20200218_185316.JPGlarge._20200218_185347.JPGPlants are doing fine, could be faster but the temperature is a bit of a struggle to keep over 20 degrees. 

I might pot them all on again in a day or two. 

• Like 10

@Michael Luchóg Top o the mornin to ya fella.

They certainly don't like being held back when all they want to do is go, go, go!

They're quick to slowing down when the pots are rooted out I've noticed and just as quick if not quicker to get going once they're potted on.

Yours look good mate, I like the tuck and twist method there buddy. :yep:

1,420 posts! better have a vape! :smokin:

Edited by Exhale
Because. 420.
  • Like 4