Shires Sweet Smokes 2020

shire

large.sweet.jpg

Hi and welcome to my diary in the 6th Sweets seeds grow competition. Thanks to the Sweet seeds team for sending the seeds and hosting this. Looking forward to watching all the entries in the coming months.

I have gone for Cream 47, Indigo Berry Kush and Mohan Ram. The Mohan Ram I have grown before, its a fantastic smoke. Cant wait to try the others.

Starting life in seedling trays with seedling compost, then potted up into 10cm pots with coco, rooted out then into final 6 litre square pots. I will be using Bionova coco a/b along with some rhizotonic. Like to keep things simple

They are starting off under 110w cfl propagation light then into the 2.4 x 1.2 x 2m tent with an Adjusta-watt 400V DE hps, starting off at 400w the building up to 1000w with supplemental led lighting when in flower. Tent has 6 inch Q-Max fan with Phresh filter.

So I soaked all 12 seeds on Saturday for 20 hours in water at 24degrees, then planted into the seedling trays in a heated propagator. 48 hours later 11 of the 12 have all sprouted. Happy days. One IBK to show, not given up on her yet.

Few pics to get started. Today is day 1

large.5e14d7e50f0c8_wet(1).jpglarge.DSC_9614.jpglarge.Untitled.jpg

• Like 23

2 hours ago, shire said:

The Mohan Ram I have grown before, its a fantastic smoke. 

I'm gonna tag along as this has been on my wish list for a while, all the best bud!. :yep:

• Like 9

Off to a good start.  Hopefully the one IBK still makes it.  Moham Ram is also one of the strains i haven't grown yet from their catalogue.  WW and SAD combined does sound nice. Good luck! :v:

• Like 8

That's a very good 1st post mate, thanks and welcome to the competition :yep:

I hope the plants develop well while you enjoy your participation here. All the best with it and sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 11

Hi shire, very best of luck to you in this competition! You will have your hands full with 12 ladies to tend to :) looking forward to seeing your tent full! 

• Like 9

Cheers Openairbud. The last Indigo berry Kush has not made it. Hand watering the other 11 will be a challenge but looking forward to it. Full tent here we come :)

atb shire

• Like 7

Hi buddy! 
11 out of 12 is very good! Sometimes, there is a seed that resists and does not want to germinate. But... the rest keeps going. :v:

Those 11 are going to be very delicious! :rolleyes:

Sweet smokes and good luck!

-Apolo

• Like 8

Cheers Apolo, delighted with the germination of the seeds, looking forward to an enjoyable grow.

One of the other Indigo berry Kush has come out in sympathy at her sister not making it and given an extra leaf, happy days :)

atb shire

large.5e17619933548_3leaf.jpg

• Like 14

Loving that first pic mate, I do like a closeup in the early days. 

Looks like your off to a flying start, will tag along if its cool. :yep:

• Like 7

Hello @shire - fantastic start with the grow and the diary. You've got some very nice photos and it sounds like you've got a great setup - you should get a decent harvest from that! I love the mutant seedling - the extra photosynthesis can only help!

I've grow the auto version of Mohan Ram before and I rated that highly - great for a relaxing evening when you want to sit down and not get up for a while! I hope the Cream 47 and the Indigo Berry Kush produce something you like. The second one sounds fantastic to me and would be near the top of the list if I went back to photoperiods.

• Like 7

Cheers GreenVision, . I too really like the plants when in the early days mate.

Thanks delagdo, The Mohan Ram is an excellent evening smoke. I'm hoping the Cream 47 and Indigo berry Kush give very nice difference across the board.

Pic from this morning day4

large.5e184eba5a840_day4.jpg

Edited by shire
  • Like 15