Solo Cup Challenge on UK420?

Dinafem-Mark

30 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Those big onken yoghurt pots are the size I think. They hold 450g of yoghurt which would probably be 450ml.

I like onken, cherry yum. Mango and passionfruit even better.

Does anyone know if liquid form measurements like 18oz or 450ml would translate to medium?

Basically would a container that holds say 500ml be equivalent to 1/2l medium?

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Basically would a container that holds say 500ml be equivalent to 1/2l medium

Should be yes, I'd think when quoting capacity the contents should be irrelevant, 500ml is half a liter, however you call it :)

I liked the idea of a 1L airpot, but both my locals don't stock anything smaller than 2L, which kinda negates the point.

I think as you're being good enough to dish out the beans us buying a pot to grow it in should be the least expected, but may prove tricky as I guess some won't order online.

(I'm well in for this btw :)

Also +1 for a side by side photo/auto of the same strain, sure you got a few gems you dig out for us :) 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Exhale said:

@Dinafem-Mark I think so yes as the medium occupies the volume of the container.

That was my initial thought mate. 500ml is 500ml right? 

9 minutes ago, unity said:

I liked the idea of a 1L airpot, but both my locals don't stock anything smaller than 2L, which kinda negates the point.

I think as you're being good enough to dish out the beans us buying a pot to grow it in should be the least expected, but may prove tricky as I guess some won't order online.

That's the only thing that has me worried about a 1l air-pot. Would all members be able to source one? 

A solo cup your going to find very easy in any pound shop or even Tesco  ;)

Need to make sure we can all access the pot size  ;)

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, unity said:

Does it have to be an airpot? Alternative could be to just drill loads of holes into a 1L container of some description. Could we keep the growing vessel unique and up to the owner but size limited? Could see some more interesting growing contraptions. Guess honesty policy would have to come into play. 

• Like 6

How about McFlurry containers(with square shaft spoon)?, gravy boats?, petit filou container, ky jelly tub, play doh tub, amazon cardboard box, toblerone packet., mcdonalds sauce pot

There's got to be at least one worth considering in that list that I spent ages coming up with, honest

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

How about McFlurry containers(with square shaft spoon)?, gravy boats?, petit filou container, ky jelly tub, play doh tub, amazon cardboard box, toblerone packet., mcdonalds sauce pot

There's got to be at least one worth considering in that list that I spent ages coming up with, honest

IN the mcflurry spoon would be better imo lol

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

How about we each get a tortoise, and we glue a solo cup to its back, and see what happens?

• Like 2

As has been pointed out, a pot noodle container holds 500ml, an a solo cup holds 450ml, basically the same grow, an it is busy though rewarding, takes multiple daily visits, not always easy to be on top off, an prob limits the entrants...

Just to be different an to leave the grower with a nice yield after months off growing an not just as busy a schedule, why not a 2L container/pot ? 
The grower would have that bit more medium an be able to show off the strain to a fuller potential...

Then what 2L container/pot lol 

Edited by Amo
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, FigmentofFig said:

How about we each get a tortoise, and we glue a solo cup to its back, and see what happens?

If the fuzz find it, who can they possibly pin it on? Its the turtle that did it,  officer! lol I don't think tortoises ever turn over,  do they?

• Like 2

I know this would probably not be a good idea as everyone has there own methods of growing etc and the cost of the stuff but would be cool to send everyone out a little kit with a few nutes and they can only use this throughout the grow see who wins maybe collab with a nutrient company and see if they would be interested in sponsoring the comp.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

I know this would probably not be a good idea as everyone has there own methods of growing etc and the cost of the stuff but would be cool to send everyone out a little kit with a few nutes and they can only use this throughout the grow see who wins maybe collab with a nutrient company and see if they would be interested in sponsoring the comp.

Checkout the dinafem subforum of dinafem & Intense nutrients grow comp :) 

• Like 5