Solo Cup Challenge on UK420?

Dinafem-Mark

3 minutes ago, Nervous said:

What's your point?

we just had a pot noodle one, do i have to spell it out?

we haven't had a comp by dinafem/hso unless i missed it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

we just had a pot noodle one, do i have to spell it out?

we haven't had a comp by dinafem/hso unless i missed it?

Yes please spell out your redundant comments that I ignored the first time for yet another person who cba arguing with you :rofl: 

I'll spell it out: read the thread topic or go and create a thread where you might get more interest about a full grow comp.  

• Like 1

Ok, so only just heard of the solo cup thing, but it sounds funny, so if it does happen I'd be game. 

However, I can see a problem with autos only if its an option going forward, its going to have to be both or photoperiod only. If your not already growing autos and the competition has autos only then this leaves you with limited options. You can either keep your current photoperiod crop in veg for 11 weeks, or have an entire different area for a single plant in a dixie cup. I could see most full on photoperiod growers not taking part if it were autos only.

Just my 2p but I'd say stick with photoperiod and auto like most comps do. Gives more people the option to be able to take part. Instead of limiting the types of grows, limit the strains. I'd think it would be a fairer playing field if there was ONE auto and ONE photo ONLY :) Cant complain about genetics giving you larger plants or better colours etc etc if we all grew the same.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, ratdog said:

why not just a normal grow comp mate?, i'd be up for that :)

A normal mass indoor grow competition is definitely a possibility mate. Just thinking of something a little more fun. 

2 hours ago, tokenroll said:

The 1 litre airpot challenge would be fun and a lot easier for new members to have a go at. A little different to the normal solo cup things.

Toke...

That could work buddy :yep:

I know solo cups are 18oz in liquid size. Not sure how this would equate to medium. I do know 25ml/oz so 18oz container Would be roughly 450ml. So half the size of a 1l air-pot.

My only issue is. Will members buy a air-pot or would a Solo Cup be more accessible? 

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

we already had the noodle comp mate, don't see the point in this one, but if everyone's up for it then i'm not going to sand in their way ;)

The PNC was and will stay as an HSO competition.  Hopefully returning for a 3rd year in 2020. This was more for Dinafem  :yep:

1 hour ago, LA LUNA said:

@Dinafem-Mark whats a solo cup mate ?

A small party cup mate ;)

https://www.solocup.com/media/2096/sq18-red.png

1 hour ago, Exhale said:

It's like a posh wank but you jizz in a cup isn't it?

lollollol

There's that UK sense of humour I've missed over the festive season  ;)

15 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Ok, so only just heard of the solo cup thing, but it sounds funny, so if it does happen I'd be game. 

However, I can see a problem with autos only if its an option going forward, its going to have to be both or photoperiod only. If your not already growing autos and the competition has autos only then this leaves you with limited options. You can either keep your current photoperiod crop in veg for 11 weeks, or have an entire different area for a single plant in a dixie cup. I could see most full on photoperiod growers not taking part if it were autos only.

Just my 2p but I'd say stick with photoperiod and auto like most comps do. Gives more people the option to be able to take part. Instead of limiting the types of grows, limit the strains. I'd think it would be a fairer playing field if there was ONE auto and ONE photo ONLY :) Cant complain about genetics giving you larger plants or better colours etc etc if we all grew the same.

That's easily worked around mate. We just pick a strain that's available in both photoperiod and autoflowering format  :yep:

Maybe Auto Gorilla and Photo Gorilla as an example  ;)

Thanks for the input folks  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Nervous said:

@GreenVision I've just had a flashback about a debate on mixed gender sports. Think you're probably right though, either or. 

What strains would you suggest?  

Totally wouldn't mind mate. Whatever comes, I'll grow it. :yep:

Think to make it fair something known for being easy to grow, wouldn't be as fair if you chose something lanky and harsh to grow as some folks may not be as experienced.  

• Like 3

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

Maybe Auto Gorilla and Photo Gorilla as an example 

100% mate. Just think "auto's only" would thin down the competition somewhat. Quite a few of us would struggle to make room for an auto only I think. 

This said I'd make room in any case, I always do, I'll grow them in the kitchen cupboard if I have too lol 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GreenVision said:

I'll grow them in the kitchen cupboard if I have too lol

That's dedication  ;)

1 minute ago, GreenVision said:

100% mate. Just think "auto's only" would thin down the competition somewhat. Quite a few of us would struggle to make room for an auto only I think. 

I'll try to make it fully inclusive mate so all members that want to participate can ;)

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 4

Auto or photo, it shouldn't make too big a difference in a small container. Might as well have both be available for the comp.

• Like 2

The genetics that come out of Dinafem and HSO seem to be top draw. My experience has been a very good and I look forward to growing some of their seeds agaoin. If I am able to be included then I would prefer photos. I agree with greenvision that I would struggle with an auto. I am also tied up for a few more weeks so hopefully the comp is open for a little while. If not good luck all. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I know solo cups are 18oz in liquid size. Not sure how this would equate to medium. I do know 25ml/oz so 18oz container Would be roughly 450ml. So half the size of a 1l air-pot.

Those big onken yoghurt pots are the size I think. They hold 450g of yoghurt which would probably be 450ml.

I like onken, cherry yum. Mango and passionfruit even better.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Exhale said:

They hold 450g of yoghurt which would probably be 450ml.

The pot noodle containers held 1/2L of soil so this is very similar as Ratdog pointed out. Perhaps @Dinafem-Mark would consider both the 1/2L and 1L container. Some contestants just like them small and some like them big. I have no idea what I am going to think up for this one......

giphy.gif

• Like 5