Solo Cup Challenge on UK420?

Dinafem-Mark

Hello all :)

I've been thinking of a competition for UK420 and the Dinafem brand :yep:

I know we have the outdoor competition but I would really like to bring another bit of fun to the community. 

I'm sure most, if not all of you have come across the "Solo Cup Challenge"  . It's a pretty simple concept and a challenge we have had great success with on other platforms. 

Think Pot Noodle Challenge but a different container  ;)

Would UK420 members like to see this competition brought to UK? 

If so.

Photoperiod or Auto as the strain?

Any thoughts, questions and input welcome  :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 9

The 1 litre airpot challenge would be fun and a lot easier for new members to have a go at. A little different to the normal solo cup things.

Toke...

• Like 10

Really interested in any grow battle I could get in iv been on the forums a while now but have never really had the space to run something apart from my usual crop now iv been at it a while I'd feel quite confident I could bang another strain next to my existing girls plus I'm going to be sorting a veg tent out so any grow comps available please contact me peace

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark Auto would be good! That way there's no quibbling over how long people vegged for. Or 12/12 from seed rules. 

@ratdogI think it's just because anyone can do it for a bit of fun. You don't have to have a huge set up for it so it's accessible. 

@tokenroll I agree, slightly more scope. You can do some surprising things with a litre of coco. Maybe a topiary element to the comp? 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

The 1 litre airpot challenge would be fun and a lot easier for new members to have a go at. A little different to the normal solo cup things.

Toke...

I've got three white widow xxl autos about 10 days in already lol So let's do this ^

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bubbleguppie said:

@FigmentofFig be intrested to see how these turn out :)

I got you mate.  i was thinking about doing a large.20191223_191643.jpgdiary.

Here's how they looked about a week ago. The haze cut is in a solo cup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

I think it's just because anyone can do it for a bit of fun. You don't have to have a huge set up for it so it's accessible. 

we already had the noodle comp mate, don't see the point in this one, but if everyone's up for it then i'm not going to sand in their way ;)

• Like 1

I like the sound of a 12/12 from seed never tried an auto so I'd count myself out for that. I just wanna grow something with a few others doing the same just to c comparisons

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ratdog said:

we already had the noodle comp mate, don't see the point in this one, but if everyone's up for it then i'm not going to sand in their way ;)

I dune think you would.

• Like 3

@ratdog we also have normal grow comps all the time. There's currently a sweet seeds one. What's your point? Standing in their way wouldn't make a difference, as I said it's about being accessible to everyone without having grow equipment. 

IMHO you can be the worst grower in the world if you have the right equipment, so unless you're willing to use 1000w lights and climate control on a cup it really evens the scales.   

@LA LUNA it's a grow in a party cup essentially :)  

Edited by Nervous
  • Like 1

Here's a comp that I'd love to spectate and would be an enjoyable change to the usual format.  I'd not be taking part for whatever reason but think this would be a cool format for uk growers especially.  I've thought this through and cant really see any issues.  So it's a grow the strongest weed comp.

Growers are sent out stock seeds.

Growers have six months to send a sample to a medical test facility in spain with their username only.

The results are sent from the testing facility to dinafem hence no risk to users anonymity.

Dinafem then publishes the results of each members sample.

Would be a cool way to show how hobby growers can grow some strong weed and compare set ups.

Would also give uk growers a chance to have their own grow analysed as I doubt many have taken the risk themselves.  This negates the risk and gives good empirical marketing evidence for a strain.

Who can grow the strongest weed comp.

Hope you dont mind the intrusion.

• Like 6