Billys watery wonderland- The Sweetest edition.....so far!

badbillybob

23 minutes ago, Alan Johnson said:

Great stuff mate! Glad I found this one even though I'm a bit late. 

JLB still closed then Alan? 

• Like 2

yeah I found it in the house while clearing up a load  of paperwork. Immediately knew where it was going. the zoom in just after that bit was me almost falling over the pump feed pipe. 

Its like fail army here some days, but I covered it up well.

So I decided that bj2, isn't gonna be ready for at least another week or 2, so decided to see what I could do to try and support the big fat buds. I gathered the branches up and found half a dozen or more big colas at the back of the plant. this ones gonna be a massive yielder, easy over 10 ounces I reckon.

I decided to raise the timber scrog frame in front of the plants, and move the support to the higher level, which was fairly straight forward (only managed to knock over the air pumps, oscillating fan and a potted soil plant over- pretty good for me, they all still work lol)

I put a bit of thin scrog framework between the bjs and caramels, in an attempt  to stop the buds that were lying over the caramel buds, and try pull them back up. 

I tried putting some of the frame over a few buds, to support them but there was no way the colas were fitting through the holes.

so tomorrow im gonna get some string in there.

one of the cream caramels has shown a couple of autumnal coloured fan leaves indicating its in the home stretch.

im gonna do some more videos in a few more days. I will try and make them less blurred, promise..

till then...……....be cool everybody

• Like 11

heres the screen barrier I was on about , between the bj and creamers, the mass of buds behind it, im gonna try and sort out tonight, see if I can space them out a bit to get some circulation between themlarge_107.JPGlarge_101.JPG

and a couple of random shots, I had my decent camera today, it focuses better than I do.....

first pic is a cream caramel on the final straight

2nd and 3rd are the sweet afghan delicious, showing off her sexy amber pistilslarge_108.JPGlarge_106.JPGlarge_102.JPG

ill post a few pics of my bj separator, if it works out, dunno if ive got enough string, but I suppose ill find out in a couple of hours.

on the "more good news" front, I scrounged a litre of ionic bloom from a mate. 

no where near enough for a much needed res change, but hopefully enough to nurse them over the finishing line

stay safe- stay in- stay stoned

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 13

Fuck trimming that lot lol

Great work Bob, I hope you got a comfy chair for trimming otherwise your backs gonna be crippled over the coming weeks! 

Looking forward to the video grand finale!

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Fuck trimming that lot lol

Great work Bob, I hope you got a comfy chair for trimming otherwise your backs gonna be crippled over the coming weeks! 

Looking forward to the video grand finale!

Cheers Dodgeee, aye its gonna fill a couple of days, but it looks like theres more bud than leaves ha ha .

im gonna be using the bowl trimmer for this lot. 

folks can moan all they like, but at the end of the day,  its a lot quicker and I hate trimming. it does a good enough job for me, and as long as you don't try spinning it like a helicopter on take off, and just take it nice and easy, the end result isn't far off hand trimmed imho.

I tried tieing up the blackjack. I only had enough string to put a few rows in, none for the  cross hatch, and it hasn't done much to be honest.

im sure it wil be ok, but if the RH gets too high, and theres a chance of rot,  im just gonna remove a load of fan leaves and point a spare fan at it. The buds on them are dense like,, but hardly any amber pistils on the Bjs, compared to the cream caramels and the SAD.

I pulled a few fans off a couple of colas tonight, and they were covered in trichs, all down the leaf stem too. lovely....

im pulling down the temps now, just a little bit, im at about 23-25 degrees in there. Hopefully the plants will think its autumn lol

I also put back in, a couple of dual spec HPS lamps, when the MHs refused to fire up. no idea why, they were fine the day before. So I stuck the Dual specs over the blackjacks, cos they still have a way to go before they are finished. one of the bjs must have a cola that's about a metre long, no shit...

• Like 9

Great vids mate, and some cracking colas. Top job :yep: 

The start of the first vid was entertaining enough without you nearly falling into the plants. Never a dull moment lol 

• Like 4

On 15/04/2020 at 1:14 PM, jadenugs said:

Great vids mate, and some cracking colas. Top job :yep: 

The start of the first vid was entertaining enough without you nearly falling into the plants. Never a dull moment lol 

I like to do my bit to entertain you all, it was only after wards that I thought about what would happen if I cracked a return pipe-500 off litres all over the floor, -doesn't bear thinking about. 

ive just been for a check and cream caramels and SAD s1 are almost cooked, there are a few amber trichs  on them, so tonight im gonna be doing some fan leaf removal on these, just to help airflow and reduce the chance of mould in the last few days. im gonna keep them going for a few more daysand chop at the weekend some time, depending on the colour of the trichs

They are smelling supreme now, absolutely gorgeous, sweet and fruity, with some citreous tones off the SAD, lovely pong, im really looking forward to trying the SAD, its got a lovely smell to it, its one of those that you smell, then take another whiff, and another, and try another bud - ad infinitum, till you notice its midnight lol.  

I was filling the 200 litre water butt with the hose while doing this and managed to let it overflow all over the floor. It wasn't too bad, I kinda  caught it in time, , only about 20 litres on the floor. ahem.

Hopefully I ill get these finished without any more fuckups...…….but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 6

On 19/03/2020 at 5:17 PM, badbillybob said:

stressed out? don't think so , its probably because the pics were taken 10 hours into lights out.

Please share your years of experience and advice on how I can remedy this major issue lollollol

im all ears.

fukn nuggets - everywhere

Tell me about it lol I fell out with a good mate over my last grow just because my bud dried a bit quickly he was banging on to me about how bad it was and how to do it properly etc and I know when he did his grow and it took him 6 months to crop and ended up with a q from 6 plants :wanker: some people just have to stick there oar in even when they are clueless.

• Like 3

Good thread mate Im just having a proper catch up, these plants look amazing mate I'm even debating to switch to DWC for my next run I'm pretty clueless on what sort of baseline nutes to be using for it and that I'll have to re-read it all and see what you are using.

Edited by UKsFinest
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, UKsFinest said:

Good thread mate Im just having a proper catch up, these plants look amazing mate I'm even debating to switch to DWC for my next run I'm pretty clueless on what sort of baseline nutes to be using for it and that I'll have to re-read it all and see what you are using.

Hey man, good of you to pop in . 

I don't think ive mentioned my nutes, but im a firm believer in keeping it simple-much less to go wrong that way. (stop laughing at the back)  

my line up is cheap and cheeful, but it works. And it worked for much better growers than me in the past too.

I use Ionic soft water grow and bloom, canna cal mag, growth technology silicone and ph down. 

that's it, no boosters or PK anymore, they don't need it, and it doesn't do much , if anything in hydro imho. Its even made in the good old UK....

Ive also had good results with canna A and B base nutes, and vitalink are ok too. I would never use dutch pro again though , they are (overpriced) garbage for my water, they seem to work for hard water areas a bit better. And I refuse to use anything by Advanced nutes, for 2 reasons- 1- their director is a nonce, and they have so many additional supplements that do feck all - and they are a rip off..

good luck with it if you decide to go down the dwc route, but remember things go pear shaped much quicker in hydro than coco/soil.

• Like 4

Evening viewers, hope you are all as well as a water filled hole in the ground (well)

Tonights view from mahogany ridge.

You might be thinking "oh it looks a bit sparse in there, and you would be right. I trimmed a bin liner worth of leafage off them last nightlarge_100.JPG

I checked a few plant tops for trichome shade and they are not ready yet. im over 9 weeks from flip now,  and if im honest, I would have expected them ready before this, but well, well, what can you do----apart from keep sticking money in the meter, that's what

As part of the "psyching myself up for the big trim", I got old faithfull, the bowl trimmer, down from the loft. 

I opened the box and was met with smell of weed, lovely, check the handle, probably a nice bit of hash on there if I could be arsed scraping it offlarge_102.JPGlarge_101.JPG

the sweet afghan delicious s1 is showing a lot of cloudy trichs, and a fair few clears, and only a few ambers, but the buds on her are dense as anything. I reckon I could smash a window with them (single glazed)

Here she is, resting SAD.large_110.JPGlarge_103.JPG

the blackjacks are still filling out, by the looks of it, they just don't stop do they, I would have expected these to be further on too, but no, they are keeping me waiting. heres a few bjs excuse the HPS yellownesslarge_109.JPGlarge_108.JPGlarge_105.JPGlarge_106.JPG

and of course the cream caramels, theytoo aren't quite done. it looks like next week for trimming fun

heres the ccslarge_104.JPG

I will of course upload thier "final days" videos, in a few days. I just need to remember to get out there before lights on...

thanks for looking, not long now, 

tick tock, tick tock

• Like 17

im tempted to empty the res and just put them on plain water, maybe that will finish them off.

• Like 5