Billys watery wonderland- the rise of the critical moby dogs

badbillybob

@badbillybob in the end game now  ;)

Another 10 days for the whale and it's harvest time  :)

Very few issues this grow, kind of been on cruise control  ;)

Not long now  :headbang:

Stay safe mate  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark.. 

• Like 3

Thanks Mark, you stay safe too pal. 

im on the home straight with these now, they are almost done. little bit of bad news, I m gonna have to chop the criticals, I found a tiny bit of rot on one of the colas, about the size of a 10p coin, so they are coming down tonight.

its just over 10 weeks, and with the sheer size, mass and density of the buds its not really much of a surprise.

trichs are pretty much all cloudy, a few ambers so its time. 

im not even sure it was rot, it might have been a light burn , but im not taking the chance.

these are, without doubt some of the biggest buds ive grown to date, and if you want a recommendation then look no further.

I wish I had done the entire tent of them, they are such an impressive plant, the branches off the main colas, the ones that usually have a couple of buds, well, these have mini colas on them, honest, check the pics out. large_110.JPGlarge_111.JPG

im starting the trim tonight with these criticals, im hoping to do the mobys next Monday, they still aren't ready. 

wish me luck, now where did I put the machete?

• Like 7

I chopped the criticals last night and man, they weren't kidding when they said it was a yielder,

Heres the tally, from 2 plants, the bigger one did 4 rows of drier net and the littler one did 3. With each row makes about 4-5 ounce (dried) of bud, so its looking good. 

picslarge_200.JPGlarge_202.JPGlarge_203.jpglarge_204.JPGlarge_205.JPG

the mobys, if anything look a little bit bigger, now that  the criticals are out of the way I can see them a bit better.

they are getting chopped today. im done putting electric in the meter, and they are mostly cloudy, just a few ambers, so good enough. 

mondo buds are gooooooooo!

• Like 10

3 hrs later- snip snip snip snippedy f*ckin snip.

its losing its appeal big time......but on the plus side, ive completely trimmed one and taken all the fans off the other moby. 

the one furthest from the side lighting had a fair bit of wisp low down, the other one beside the side light had virtually none- lesson learned. 

• Like 6

Definately going to grow the critical +2.0 the yields are so impressive and I've heard its a lovely smoke too are you using the old faithful spinpro or hand trimming mate? I think I would have to give in and spin it all lol 

• Like 3

I pull all the stemmed leaves off by hand, then strip the stem and trimpro the buds, to get rid of the sugar leaves.

im gonna use the trimmings to maybe make some oil

ALmost done, only one blackjack to go, ive been out there since half one FFS. Hand trimming this lot would take days- days that I don't have.....

• Like 5

mobys in their final hours, these were surprising. one of them had a bit of wisp lower down, on them compared to the criticals, but probably because I never trimmed the lower stuff about 2 weeks into bloom, like I usually do. they were big feckers tho,

large_203.jpglarge_202.JPGlarge_318.JPGlarge_321.JPGlarge_313.JPGlarge_311.JPGlarge_314.JPGlarge_310.JPGlarge_308.JPGlarge_301.JPGlarge_300.JPGlarge_302.JPG.

2nd last pic shows all the trim on the floor to try and dry it a bit.

im gonna go for a mega oil  run  with it all, might as well eh?heres a pic splurge for ya. 

ive separated all the strains, so I will post up the dry weights in a week or so when they are crisp and dry, but no too crisp. 

I think im gonna like it. 

I would deffo do the critical+2 again, I think it would make a superb scrog plant.

toodles

• Like 10

Absolute monsters those Bill. My hat off to you mate. Kind of leaves us cabinet growers in awe. Enjoy the smoke or oil. 

• Like 4

cheers man, I appreciate it, and appreciate everyone who has followed this epic adventure. 

ive a couple of cheeky wee vids too, heres one of the mobys pre-chop, taken on chop day. hope you like it. 

• Like 6

Class work,I’ve followed your stuff whilst being a lurker before joining,when I first started I was told to go hydro and so did,started with an iws standard flood and drain and then the pro,worked with that system for several years before running into a major problem,switched to autopot with decent results but prob 20 percent down on yield but it has its good points,I found hydro a lot easier,run itself basically and didn’t have a lot of waste to get rid after...seeing your results is deffo Inspiring me to go back to hydro,quality work billy 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Big dog said:

Class work,I’ve followed your stuff whilst being a lurker before joining,when I first started I was told to go hydro and so did,started with an iws standard flood and drain and then the pro,worked with that system for several years before running into a major problem,switched to autopot with decent results but prob 20 percent down on yield but it has its good points,I found hydro a lot easier,run itself basically and didn’t have a lot of waste to get rid after...seeing your results is deffo Inspiring me to go back to hydro,quality work billy 

Thanks man.

A mate of mine runs flood and drain, but he uses the bigger pots, which make a big difference. hes using an Alien system and It regularly does the business.

He started with the normal sized pots and the difference was clearly visible with the bigger ones.

I was kinda tempted myself to be honest.

I was also kinda tempted to go into production of these systems, like properly, but most people are too tight to make it worthwhile for me, and would rather do a diy job, hey ho. 

oh well  nevermind…… Thanks for popping in.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Thanks man.

A mate of mine runs flood and drain, but he uses the bigger pots, which make a big difference. hes using an Alien system and It regularly does the business.

He started with the normal sized pots and the difference was clearly visible with the bigger ones.

I was kinda tempted myself to be honest.

I was also kinda tempted to go into production of these systems, like properly, but most people are too tight to make it worthwhile for me, and would rather do a diy job, hey ho. 

oh well  nevermind…… Thanks for popping in.

I’m sure they stopped doing the flood and drain but could be wrong,it was my own fault the iws job fucked up,the system worked well for me for a very long time,the only negative was on well rooted plants the roots could go along way down the 25 mm pipes,I never had a blockage as such but it was always a worry,I can see how the bigger pots in the alien xl would have been a definite plus point,

p.s when can I pm somebody,do u have to have so many posts etc,thanks 

• Like 2

check your inbox, I sent you a test pm,  might work, but I don't know, maybe you need so many posts, I don't know, might be in the rules

• Like 1

17 hours ago, badbillybob said:

check your inbox, I sent you a test pm,  might work, but I don't know, maybe you need so many posts, I don't know, might be in the rules

50 posts to use the PM system mate unless PMD from another member like yourself with a high enough post count :yep:

@badbillybob Can't wait to see the end numbers on this one ;) I've a feeling this could be one of your best  :yep:

Both Moby Dick and Critical look to have performed exceptionally  :)

Which did the best in your opinion mate?

Can't complain with yields like this  :headbang:

Now the drying stage begins  ;)

Stay safe dude  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1