Lmfao, Nevermind, Was judging from sunday when was supposed to be judging from tuesday, they are doing really well with that in mind. lol

• Like 1

They look to be suffering from a bit of damping off, :( weird I haven't really had that on seedlings before, giving them some plant magic essence and will see how they look, hopefully they make a nice recovery. ;)

• Like 1

Will do, They are a bit shagged, Didn't do nothing differently than I normally do, better actually. 20c 70% RH. Going to try salvage them, If not I have more ready to go. ;)

• Like 1

20° is shit though. Sorry not sorry environment is the very most important aspect in a grow. 

I'd be popping new beans I don't see the point in starting off limping and if it is damping off they are bin food I think. 

• Like 2

I don't grow in compost or anything it's the dark arts to me but damping off is mainly caused by fungus?? I don't really know about the subject iv always thought it was usually that or much too wet of a substrate. But if it's fungus or even a slight possibility of it is it wise to put them in with healthy plants? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Asterion said:

I don't grow in compost or anything it's the dark arts to me but damping off is mainly caused by fungus?? I don't really know about the subject iv always thought it was usually that or much too wet of a substrate. But if it's fungus or even a slight possibility of it is it wise to put them in with healthy plants? 

I've never done a grow without the fungus bud, Got it on the 1st one I ever did in a greenhouse and always get it on all outdoor plants in the garden, I just treat it with PM essenence, and how is 20c shit for seedlings? that's supposed to be optimal, 20c - 25c. Suprised aren't all healthy like normal, they have had a much better than the normally get, normally I start them next to a window where it is about 16c, should have just stuck to that, can get 4FT plants in four weeks using that method, why did I change it?? lol

Edited by highway_017
Didn't make sense
  • Like 1

Also, current batch, the speed and the dinafem, they all had the wilt too, about week two or three, they looked just as bad. You just spray them down with PM essence and it clears up.

• Like 1

Fix what's causing it man. I don't know what it is to be straight with you so not much use but if it's happening every grow something in your setup is letting the side down. Environment I would guess.

Where on earth do you find this information on temps man haha we have had debates about 32° before now 20°. I wouldn't be bothered by 20° so much but it definite falls into the "shit environment" category for me. 20° is my lights off temps. In seedling/veg stage I like it very warm 28 ish. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Asterion said:

Fix what's causing it man. I don't know what it is to be straight with you so not much use but if it's happening every grow something in your setup is letting the side down. Environment I would guess.

Where on earth do you find this information on temps man haha we have had debates about 32° before now 20°. I wouldn't be bothered by 20° so much but it definite falls into the "shit environment" category for me. 20° is my lights off temps. In seedling/veg stage I like it very warm 28 ish. 

Mate, I've had outdoor plants get it, greenhouse plants get it, indoor plants get it, tent plants get it. All treated totally differently. All the plants in my area get it. fucking council probably.

• Like 1

Change soil then or watering practices. Something ain't right man when you get all them little creases ironed out in the environment plants never really have any issues. 

I don't know bugger all regarding damping off me but iv googled it before and the impression I got was seedlings are usually dead within a day. So maybe it's not that anyway?.

• Like 2

They're too cold is my call...damping off is not one fungus it's many and generally afflicts seedlings that are weak.  If they are cold, this will weaken them and when germinating/starting off seeds, you want temps of 24 C constant.  Once they've got roots down they cope better and also a pre soak in a seaweed solution is wise as this gives them a good start :yep: 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Asterion said:

If it was damping off would they not be dead by now? 

31 minutes ago, Asterion said:

Change soil then or watering practices. Something ain't right man when you get all them little creases ironed out in the environment plants never really have any issues. 

I don't know bugger all regarding damping off me but iv googled it before and the impression I got was seedlings are usually dead within a day. So maybe it's not that anyway?.

Probably dead by now, Agreed. I had a think, I always use Clover MP but had ruled that out as others use it, but recently I seen ratdog have similar issues.. so you very well may be right on the ball with that. ;)

32 minutes ago, botanics said:

They're too cold is my call...damping off is not one fungus it's many and generally afflicts seedlings that are weak.  If they are cold, this will weaken them and when germinating/starting off seeds, you want temps of 24 C constant.  Once they've got roots down they cope better and also a pre soak in a seaweed solution is wise as this gives them a good start :yep: 

Ok @Asterion You win this time, 20c is too cold. lol

Yeah pre-soak is awesome! :thumsup:  I normally try give them seaweed extract once a week, Thanks for the advice, will stick to 24c in future. ;)

• Like 2