Doubts and Suggestions

Sweet Seeds Apolo

20 hours ago, GreenVision said:

@Sweet Seeds Apolo @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp @Sweet Seeds-tommy

Hi guys.

Will there be somewhere on UK420 specifically to put our Videos, or will there be a topic etc on somewhere else for all the sites? 

Trying to make some videos this year so I'd really like to put a few up.

Thanks.

GV.

Hi buddy! :)

> Mechanics of "Best Sweet Seeds® Video"

By the 5th of June, the jury will choose the best video, through the same scoring system used in the "Sweet Seeds® Grower of the Month" awards. The winner will receive 250,00€ in cash, 120 Sweet Seeds® Points and a crystal trophy for the Best Sweet Seeds® Video Award.

The winner of this award will be announced by the 12th of June 2020.

The updated logo of Sweet Seeds® must be included in the video. If you do not have it, you can download it from the Sweet Seeds® official website.

To participate in this contest each contestant must publish a single video in a thread that we will create for this purpose throughout the month of April. All the videos must be published in that thread until 23h59m of June 4th. Videos not published in this thread will not be considered for this contest, only for the general contest.

The complete bases for this award will be published in the thread created for this purpose.

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ratdog said:

what's the score on finishing your diary, do you need to have dried the bud?

Hi buddy!

I'll answer you here, which is the right place.

It is not an obligation, but we recommend to get to the harvest. More complete is the diary, the better the judges will evaluate it. :)

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

• Like 5

Hey Sweet Patrol,

Can I ask why the comp is so short this year? It's a month or two shorter at least than previous.years, makes it a bit limited in what you can do, unless you have a diary running already which may actually be a good tactic for next year now I think of it.

Edit* it's not a problem by the way just wondering. Think it started later rather than finished earlier.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

Hey Sweet Patrol,

Can I ask why the comp is so short this year? It's a month or two shorter at least than previous.years, makes it a bit limited in what you can do, unless you have a diary running already which may actually be a good tactic for next year now I think of it.

Edit* it's not a problem by the way just wondering. Think it started later rather than finished earlier.

Hi buddy :)

Due to problems beyond our control, we had a small delay in the start of the competition. :(

@Sweet Seeds -Jaypp, @Sweet Seeds-tommy and me, would have liked the duration of the competition to be longer. That way, there would be more chances for more users to participate.

For future contests, we will try to give you more time to participate.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

• Like 4

Its not a problem guys, it is what it is and I knew it from the start, my query wasnt a complaint just wondered as Id looked back at the others.

It did make me think if there could be any ways of using timings in the next comp.

Such as a race using a set group of Auto strains so there can be genuine comparisons between each members results.

Or set a simple grow method that people can follow, like a recipe, the results of which again can be compared like for like at the end.

You can still have the "open" grow what you like comp, as it is now, but for a bit of extra planning you could break it up a little.

You'd have 3 separate boards-

Sweet Seeds Auto Race Diaries. 4 fixed strains set start date.

Sweet Seeds Set Method Diaries. 4 fixed strains, basic grow out to 5th node and top (example) but mixed hydro,compost etc

The Sweet Seeds Open Any strain you like however you want it.

I do have a lot of time on my hands and far to many ideas to be healthy lol but think there could be something in the Auto race at least.

Cheers guys, this has always been a well ran competition with fantastic prizes and support,not knocking it for a second.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 4

Hi sweet seeds team!

Regarding the "transfer" of diaries during the competition, am I right in thinking I can copy paste my existing diary in to a new diary on your forums if I chose to register on the Sweet seedS forum?

• Like 3

@Sweet Seeds-tommy @Sweet Seeds Apolo @Sweet Seeds Apolo

Since my idea blitz I've thought it out a bit more and think I have an actual good idea,maybe.

So leave the current comp as is just without autos at all,forgetting my other suggestions. Making the standard comp easier to judge as it's entirely like against like.

Then later in the year do a totally separate 'Sweet Seeds Auto Grand Prix" focusing only on auto strains. Autos do get a bit lost amongst the main comps across all breeders so focusing totally on them would surely be a good thing.

The prize structure (I'm imagining smaller prizes) could still be as it is but more compact, still focused on best grown by a set date, rather than first finishing as that's impossible to measure.

Sweet Seeds do media better than most. So to really stir up interest Sweet Seeds could announce a live stream countdown across all media platforms leading up to kick off time. That would really generate some interest as I dont think it's been done before and isnt really that hard to do either, I could do it from my wheelchair today lol

Sounds like real fun to me, and brings alot of focus 100% on auto strains alone. It would encourage growers who wouldnt normally do them to have a go as they have no choice, enter for autos or dont.

"Grand Auto Grow Race" idea copyright held by @2Fat2EatThat and Sweet Seeds lol

I do tend to get carried away sometimes (have you noticed?!) but this sounds like a banging idea to me. Sweet Seeds has all it needs to do it already in place, the rules can swap across directly and prize structures can just be adjusted or removed.

What you thinking Sweet Seeds? 

(There may be a small fee for the idea including a villa in Valencia and more weed than would kill Bob Marley, a small price I feel lol)

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Exhale said:

Hi sweet seeds team!

Regarding the "transfer" of diaries during the competition, am I right in thinking I can copy paste my existing diary in to a new diary on your forums if I chose to register on the Sweet seedS forum?

Hi Exhale! :)

Sure, don't worry. You can do it without a problem.  

But you have to tell us in which forum you want us to evaluate you. Also inform us with which user you are going to participate, accepting the contest rules in the forum with the new user.

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

@Sweet Seeds-tommy @Sweet Seeds Apolo @Sweet Seeds Apolo

Since my idea blitz I've thought it out a bit more and think I have an actual good idea,maybe.

So leave the current comp as is just without autos at all,forgetting my other suggestions. Making the standard comp easier to judge as it's entirely like against like.

Then later in the year do a totally separate 'Sweet Seeds Auto Grand Prix" focusing only on auto strains. Autos do get a bit lost amongst the main comps across all breeders so focusing totally on them would surely be a good thing.

The prize structure (I'm imagining smaller prizes) could still be as it is but more compact, still focused on best grown by a set date, rather than first finishing as that's impossible to measure.

Sweet Seeds do media better than most. So to really stir up interest Sweet Seeds could announce a live stream countdown across all media platforms leading up to kick off time. That would really generate some interest as I dont think it's been done before and isnt really that hard to do either, I could do it from my wheelchair today lol

Sounds like real fun to me, and brings alot of focus 100% on auto strains alone. It would encourage growers who wouldnt normally do them to have a go as they have no choice, enter for autos or dont.

"Grand Auto Grow Race" idea copyright held by @2Fat2EatThat and Sweet Seeds lol

I do tend to get carried away sometimes (have you noticed?!) but this sounds like a banging idea to me. Sweet Seeds has all it needs to do it already in place, the rules can swap across directly and prize structures can just be adjusted or removed.

What you thinking Sweet Seeds? 

(There may be a small fee for the idea including a villa in Valencia and more weed than would kill Bob Marley, a small price I feel lol)

Hi buddy!

The boys and I have some ideas prepared, but we can't say anything at the moment. :naughty:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us suggestions. 

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

Hi Exhale! :)

Sure, don't worry. You can do it without a problem.  

But you have to tell us in which forum you want us to evaluate you. Also inform us with which user you are going to participate, accepting the contest rules in the forum with the new user.

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

Thanks Apolo, I'm just trying to decide if the effort is worth the extra points awarded. ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE the idea of a autoflower only mini comp!! It was reading through all the Sweet Seeds comp diaries (and other content on here) that inspired me to join the site and give these autos a go indoors. It would be loads of fun, even just to follow as a newbie. Also, it would really showcase the auto strains. Hope you don't mind me chipping in! I just think it's awesome idea.

• Like 3

On 13/03/2020 at 10:05 PM, jadenugs said:

@Sweet Seeds -Jaypp @Sweet Seeds Apolo @Sweet Seeds-tommy

Hi dudes, just a quick question :)

Who is best to contact by PM for claiming a GOTM prize?

All the best,

Nugs :yinyang:

Cheers mate!

I think you can contact either one of us 3, but check out sections 5.1 and 5.4 of the competition rules first.

"5.1 - All the prizes of the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition (between 1st and 25th places, the prizes of exchangeable Points, Grower of the Month, Photo of the Month and Best Video), as well as the trophies, will be sent to the winners in the limit time span of 90 days after the announcement of the winners (between June and September). Until the time limit is over we will not reply to any complaints for delays in the deliveries as in reality there are no delays;"

"5.4 - Prize winners are required to send us the complete data for the shipment until the 25th of June 2020. Users who do not do so within this period lose the right to the products, which will not be attributed;"

By then, if we prefer that you guys contact one of us, we will inform you about that in the moment when we announce the winners.

By the way... congrats for the prize :yep:

Thanks and kind regards,

tommy

• Like 4