Dianfem/Intense Nutrients Comp - Blueberry Cookies and Orange Juice. Budget Compost Grow.

2Fat2EatThat

Welcome to the space edition.

large.1575115983737_compress52.jpg

Hey Chaps,

You may have seen my low level mental meltdown in here and other places about my fall and intense vertigo issue which has seriously fucked me over although I'm getting used to it a little now.

Basically as soon as I move enough to need any balance or at more than snail speed I throw up. All my medication levels have been fluctuating as I'm not keeping them down very well making life even more enjoyable for me.

It's time to admit that most of the physical work I require is done by the wife as I'm not really capable but over the last few weeks since my fall she has been an angel,thanks Mrs 2fat. (shes far from fat unlike me)

large.1575066277416_compress13.jpg

This update is a week late,apologies, but its taken me that long to get it done in bits,laid down doing it when I can. I'm so glad I started using a standard layout update as it saves time. Its being tweaked each time but it will settle with more use.

Here it is then,update time - 

Date of stats- Friday 29th November.

Time of day - 15.37

Grow day - 34

Flower day ------

Light schedule - 18/6

Temperature

Lights on - 25.9c

Lights off -20.3c

Humidity - 52%

Intense Nutrients Organix per litre -

large.20191130_142752_compress60.jpg

Amount given - 350ml every 3 days

Preventative/supportive foliar feeds -

Seaweed Extract misted @1ml per litre once every week.

Neem Emuslion misted.

Top Dressing of Diatemacious Earth.

Update details -

Having pulled the runt plant from last update there have been no dramas. It has been replaced by a new seedling but shes gone straight into her final pot to stay with her group. All the plants really fired into life and have developed good roots so have now potted them up to final pots.

Here are Orange Juice 1's happy roots -

large.IMG_20191128_170907_compress33.jpg

Each new pot recieved 1tsp of OG granules-

large.IMG_20191128_170805_compress38.jpg

Here she is all done -

large.20191130_151408.jpg

First night in new pots -

large.IMG_20191128_173418_compress13.jpg

Roll call of plants,Orange Juice first -

large.1575065873868_compress13.jpg

large.1575065942367_compress96.jpg

large.1575066005407_compress43.jpg

Blueberry Cookies next -

large.1575066062138_compress67.jpg

Replacement-

large.1575066120395_compress84.jpg

large.1575066177145_compress72.jpg

Training progress -

Many plants have now been topped down to one node, like this -

Im choosing a node on each plant hat looks solid with good connections to the main stem, not always the first one. Using an equal pair of branches to train from will ensure shared priority on the plants resources providing equal sized colas.

large.1575126682496_compress72.jpg

Next training step -

The pair of branches from the chosen node will be topped and in time topped again to yield 4 colas on each side. I cannot explain the bondage that will happen without pictures, I've tried and it confused me, but, is actually quite simple with pics.

large.1575066311286_compress27.jpg

That's it for today and I really hope to be feeling a little better by next week as this is exhausting.

Have a great weekend folks.

All I want for xmas is a better year next year but for now it's another afternoon feeling like I have a tequila hangover,nice.

large.1575125846033_compress71.jpg

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

Welcome to the space edition.

large.1575115983737_compress52.jpg

Hey Chaps,

You may have seen my low level mental meltdown in here and other places about my fall and intense vertigo issue which has seriously fucked me over although I'm getting used to it a little now.

Basically as soon as I move enough to need any balance or at more than snail speed I throw up. All my medication levels have been fluctuating as I'm not keeping them down very well making life even more enjoyable for me.

It's time to admit that most of the physical work I require is done by the wife as I'm not really capable but over the last few weeks since my fall she has been an angel,thanks Mrs 2fat. (shes far from fat unlike me)

large.1575066277416_compress13.jpg

This update is a week late,apologies, but its taken me that long to get it done in bits,laid down doing it when I can. I'm so glad I started using a standard layout update as it saves time. Its being tweaked each time but it will settle with more use.

Here it is then,update time - 

Date of stats- Friday 29th November.

Time of day - 15.37

Grow day - 34

Flower day ------

Light schedule - 18/6

Temperature

Lights on - 25.9c

Lights off -20.3c

Humidity - 52%

large.20191130_142752_compress60.jpg

Amount given - 350ml every 3 days

Preventative/supportive foliar feeds -

Seaweed Extract misted @1ml per litre once every week.

Neem Emuslion misted.

Top Dressing of Diatemacious Earth.

Update details -

Having pulled the runt plant from last update there have been no dramas. It has been replaced by a new seedling but shes gone straight into her final pot to stay with her group. All the plants really fired into life and have developed good roots so have now potted them up to final pots.

Here are Orange Juice 1's happy roots -

large.IMG_20191128_170907_compress33.jpg

Each new pot recieved 1tsp of OG granules-

large.IMG_20191128_170805_compress38.jpg

Here she is all done -

First night in new pots -

large.IMG_20191128_173418_compress13.jpg

Roll call of plants,Orange Juice first -

large.1575065873868_compress13.jpg

large.1575065942367_compress96.jpg

large.1575066005407_compress43.jpg

Blueberry Cookies next -

large.1575066062138_compress67.jpg

Replacement-

large.1575066120395_compress84.jpg

large.1575066177145_compress72.jpg

Training progress -

Many plants have now been topped down to one node, like this -

Im choosing a node on each plant hat looks solid with good connections to the main stem, not always the first one. Using an equal pair of branches to train from will ensure shared priority on the plants resources providing equal sized colas.

large.1575126682496_compress72.jpg

Next training step -

The pair of branches from the chosen node will be topped and in time topped again to yield 4 colas on each side. I cannot explain the bondage that will happen without pictures, I've tried and it confused me, but, is actually quite simple with pics.

large.1575066311286_compress27.jpg

That's it for today and I really hope to be feeling a little better by next week as this is exhausting.

Have a great weekend folks.

All I want for xmas is a better year next year but for now it's another afternoon feeling like I have a tequila hangover,nice.

large.1575125846033_compress71.jpg

Looking Fab.. if you don't mind some questions how old are they and what's the benefit of topping them like that?

sorry to hear about your health mate. hope you can get it under control and it isn't causing you too much pain or discomfort. If you only vape.. might be worth getting a glass piece? I used to vape but moved
on to a glass piece. in my case a decent glass bong and i find i get more high TBH. but i really liked a volcano etc although that's out my price range. :ouch:

• Like 1

On 29/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

Hi bro don't worry about weekly updates etc your health and wellbeing are far more important 

Sounds like your having a proper shit time of it and I know from my missus how disabling  the side effects from upping medications can be 

Hope you can get used to the new doses quickly and I'm always here if you need to chat or vent etc 

Anything I can do to help just let me know bro I'm only ever a pm away 

All the best

Matt 

I second that ;)

@2Fat2EatThat If it turns into a self help thread that's cool mate. I'm sure other members have had similar issues so if you need to let it out do ;)

Better out than in :yep:

I'll drop you an email buddy Just to catch up and see how your doing  :)

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Dinafem-Mark I'm doing better mate,sorry for my dramatics over the last few weeks it just all went nuts for me,you know how it goes. Take it easy man.

large.1575971737775_mix04_compress12.jpg

Hey People,

Hows everyone?

I hope everyones well and keeping chilled as we roll on into xmas.

I tried to leave my medical life out of 420 but when every single part of my life is affected by it, including my growing, it's hard to make up any old excuse as to why I've vanished for a couple of weeks when it's the last thing I want to do.

But, Im slowly getting myself back on track after my "episode" and feeling a bit better than I did last week thank f**k. I hate it when my body let's me down as its invariably when I need it most like coming up to christmas or getting stuck into this competition for instance.

My methods may be left field and it may look like I'm almost messing about at times but I take this way to seriously and it always gets twisted up and obsessive as most things in my life do.

I've faded away from 420 before through ill health and family crap but this time round it's all on me and my times now 100% my own to do what makes me happy and growing makes me happy so let's get on shall we.

How the world has looked to me over the last two weeks -

large.1575998085778_compress28.jpg

Update time.

Date - Wednesday 11th December.

Time of update 12.54pm

Grow day - 47

Light schedule - 18/6

Temperature Lights on - 27.1c
                       Lights off - 20.5c

Humidity - 53%

Intense Nute type and levels per litre -

large.20191210_170012_compress56.jpg

Amounts given -  450ml every 3 to 4 days 

Preventative foliar feeds -

Neem Emulsion mist.

Epsom Salts mist at 1 flat teaspoon pr litre.

Update details -

As youll see in the photos below everything's healthy and settling into the big pots. 

They do look a bit tortured but its mid training and will come good.

I have an issue to report and that is I've had a visit by Fungus Gnats. The fight back has begun and is detailed below.

You may be aware I had a runt BBC that needed replacing. I got in early with a replacement but its quite a way behind as it turned out. 

So I've decided to hold her and the smallest of the Orange Juice back for my next grow giving me one of each strain. 

As I mentioned a while back that diary will be called 'Growing the Railway' and will make a different partner diary to this one.

Now I have those two plants vegging I can start it quite soon.

So from this point on there will be four plants rolling through this diary now.

Accompanying images  -

large.1575988476977_compress38.jpg

large.1575988541586_compress60.jpg

large.1575988606440_compress3.jpg

large.1575988659007_compress76.jpg

Training progress -

Nothing new has happened as yet other than continued defoliation and a little wire spreader to hold a gap.

They're only a couple of weeks into deep 11 litre pots so growth will be sluggish up top for a while.

When the time comes I will be crossing the four flowering branches back across to their opposing one and holding them like that with some bondage.

Done like this the plants take up as little area around them as possible giving me maximum number space. 

Growing from one node also means each bud will receieve equal resources during the grow yielding even sized colas.

It's just a bit different but will become clear soon enough with a picture or two.

The two plants that are being held back for the next diary -

large.1575988808836_compress22.jpg

Its now time for hardcore bug fighting!!!

To try and stamp on them whilst they're still on the beach head I'm going in guns blazing and using everything in my armoury.

Here goes....

The first step In my battle with Fungus Gnats is to dress each pot quite heavily with Diatemacious Earth. It's safe to use it like a layer of garden sand as its inert but will break down in time releasing a good form of Silica that's usable by the plant. It also retains moisture extremely well and helps keep things aerated.

My second move in battle is to sit a small tub of water,cider vinegar, sugar and washing up liquid in each pot.

The sugar and vinegar draws the gnats in and the washing liquid kills them as soon as they drink.

Third on my list of Gnat WMD's is good old fashioned yellow sticky bug paper available literally every where.

The fourth front of skirmish is to make sticky bug killers.

The tutorial for which is next  --

Many types of bugs use the main stem as a highway up and down it for all sorts of bohemian Aphid frivolities, the rampant little bastards. 

I use a little neat Neem oil routinely on young stems but If bugs show up, once the stems are a good size I make these sticky traps now.

I use a layer of tin foil to protect the stem from being in contact with the paste,not that it should create any issues its just to be safe.

The ingredients.

It requires neat Neem oil, Diatemacious Earth, Icing Sugar and Fairy liquid with some plain old cooking tin foil and a small plate or tray- 

large.IMG_20191210_172758_compress38.jpg

Cut a piece of tin foil, with enough width to cover the main stem from compost surface to the first node and long enough to go round the main stem 5 or 6 times, like this -

large.20191210_183230_compress21.jpg

Wipe Neem Oil totally over 1 side of the tin foil and put it to one side.

Place a little oil on the stem itself,just enough to make it a little sticky and no more. Carefully wrap the tin foil around the stem building up a good few layers.

Once done gently squeeze it to better fit it to the shape of your stem, not to hard though,like this -

large.IMG_20191210_173412_compress40.jpg

The tin foil is carefully wrapped so it can expand if its needed by the plant.

The paste recipe is -

large.20191210_184811_compress19.jpg

Stir that really well, I use a plastic plant label, until it's totally mixed and smooth,like an epoxy resin or fish paste..... ahh 70's fishness mmmm  

Lets call it Neem paste as we carry on then. Here it is all mixed -

large.20191210_183624_compress69.jpg

Using the plant label, I coat all of the tin foil with the paste. Spread it liberally until it looks like this -

large.20191210_183722_compress29.jpg

large.20191210_183749_compress51.jpg

I've now made a trap that will not only passively catch any critter climbing over it but because it has sugar in it will attract any flying bugs who end up snared by the oil, being slowly torn to shreds by the Diatemacious Earth as they're finished of by the evil Fairy Liquid.

Because its oil based it's surprisingly water resistant and will take some good splashes or mists. It can be replaced easily enough but will last a few weeks with a light infestation.

The plate of left over Neem Paste has also been laid out in my veg space. In a day or two I will go photo it and report back to show its effectiveness.

That's all I have for today but I'd like to finish of by wishing you all a happy christmas.

Enjoy my intensely cheesy xmas gif -

large.20191210_165508.gif

• Like 3

Love the Xmas gif lol

Looks like your going to war with a proper potion 

invaders must die :pitchfork:

Hope you get everything killed off and soils all happy again soon bro

All the best mate 

Matt :skin_up:

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 9:29 PM, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

Looks like your going to war with a proper potion 

invaders must die :pitchfork:

It looks like he's well prepped for way brother  :yep:

On 11/12/2019 at 2:58 PM, 2Fat2EatThat said:

sorry for my dramatics over the last few weeks it just all went nuts for me,you know how it goes

We all get a rough few days from time to time mate. Never say sorry, nice to see you back and getting creative  ;)

@vince noir rock n roll star This ones right up your street buddy, tin foil hats in play :headbang:

@2Fat2EatThat Really nice to see you back mate :cheers:

Mark..

large.1576784514730_compress92.jpg

Hey People,

Here we are then 1 week from Christmas and nearing 1 week of conservatism. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but time will tell.

My initial thoughts on Intenses products.

I've so far used them all at suggested levels 99.9% issue free. The .1% you ask? I have the tiniest amount of tip burn on Orange Juice number one ,its barely there and shes the only one with it so I imagine it's a slight pheno thing and shes a little sensitive.  

Many grow products on the market are routinely used at half suggested doses. To be able to use products "exactly as it says on the tin" makes for a far easier nutrient system to follow for many growers. 

Other than that miniscule bit of burn, I'm pleased to report that the products have been excellent in use, plants are healthy from stem to tip, foliage is a lovely colour and root development is next level.

large.1576702754134_compress30.jpg

The one and only problem area for me is that I'm a permanent "dont have two penny's to rub together" grower which means I'll never be able to buy them as regrettebly its excellent quality is matched by its price. 

So if you can afford them,buy them! (and buy me some for xmas)

large.image3A29109_chroma3.jpg

Let's dive into some growing,here comes the update - 

Date - Thursday 18th December.

Time - 11.32am

Grow day -55

Light schedule - 18/6

Light timings - on 2am off 8pm

Temperature Lights on - 26.6c
                       Lights off - 20.9c

Humidity - 51%

large.20191219_214831_compress47.jpg

Amount given - 400ml every 4 days

Weekly foliar feeds -

Neem emulsion.

Epsom Salts @ 1 teaspoon a litre.

large.1576702343513_compress53.jpg

Update grow details -

Growth has picked up now and I have fine roots at the bottom of my deep pots,good work Intense Foundation!

Remember, I have 4 plants in here now and the other two are crossing over into my next diary after this one.

I've dealt the Fungus Gnats a decent death blow with my myriad of traps and have also re-deployed  a Fungas Gnat WMD.

Having forgotten most of what I learnt before my break from growing. I suddenly remembered about my hoover bug destroyer. I take my standard hoover with the small nozzle fitted, fix a piece of old tights over the end and duct tape it on.

large.1576694307828_compress1.jpg

The covering means you will suck up the gnats but wont rip the shit out of every fan leaf it goes near,trust me it does lol

Now I'm up and about more again. I open my space two or three times a day and quickly heave the plants out asap, bugs and all, before shutting it again to stop re-entry.

As soon as they're out, I fire up the hoover to seek and destroy any flying or crawling Gnats who break cover.

I then shake the plant and tap the pots to stir up any others hiding and its job done.

large.image3A29089_Glitch6_mix01_compress97.jpg

Once the plants are done, I open the space and go through it with the hoover picking up randoms.

Just make sure you put a bit of tissue over the end of the nozzle when you switch the hoover off or you'll swear alot!!

By constantly removing mature Gnats you interrupt the life cycle pretty well and over a few weeks deal with the problem nearly entirely.

I'm currently a week into hoovering and as I said above numbers have fallen sharply.

large.1576694391390_compress89.jpg

Update Images -

large.1576693810832_compress59.jpg

large.1576693868640_compress28.jpg

large.1576694049875_compress23.jpg

large.1576694118377_compress74.jpg

Training progress -

I know I've said in my last couple of updates that my training twist will be in place,but, as you've seen in my photos no training has taken place.

I've been neck deep in my shitty life and  christmas organisation,as I'm sure you have to. All will become clear over the holidays when I can sit back,chew a few walnuts,unwrap some quality street and drink even more cups of tea than normal at which point I will be on the case.

At least they've had a solid veg that should reward me with a good crop.

large.1576702444763_compress63.jpg

There we are then,I'd like to wish you all a happy christmas in whichever way you celebrate. I dont celebrate I just feel relief that I dont have to think about it anymore. 

I've had a shit storm of a year or two and I've found myself in some places even Hawkins Radiation couldnt escape from.

Luckily, I discovered a crack of light to head towards in the shape of my wife and family,or what's left of them at least and I had a pathway back.

Take care of you and yours and enjoy life,it really doesnt last long.

Respect and best regards to you all.

large.1576700850519_compress42.jpg

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly,apologies @Dinafem-Mark and @Intense Nutrients Matt I had a bit of a break, actually enjoyed xmas and time slipped by. I'm feeling quite a bit better now and am back in the game for 2020!!

Normal weekly service is resumed.

large.1577885341004_compress83.jpg

Brothers of the 20's,

Here we are again.

Hopefully you've all had a good festive break without dramas.

Personally,mine was pretty good. My messed up body has returned to some sort of normality and I'm planning for a whole years growing starting from today so let's get on it.

This has become a data dump more than a normal update as I've got a little behind with it but am back on track from today.

large.1577878883490_compress19.jpg

So, Its Wednesday 1st January,I've just destroyed a monster roast Beef dinner, and heres my first update of 2020.

Time - 11.32am

Grow day - 79

Light schedule - 18/6

Temperature Lights on - 27.1c
                        Lights off - 21.0c

Humidity - 56%

Intense Nutrients Organix used -

large.20191219_214831_compress54.jpg

Amount - 400ml every 8-9 days or as far apart as I can bear to push it. 

As an extra counter measure to fight the Fungus Gnats I've been running an extreme dry wet cycle for the last 3 weeks. Gnats and their larvae need and like moisture to live and grow. So by drying pots right out to the max it not only encourages good root growth but helps to control Gnat numbers.

Combined with the super weapon hoover, sprays, traps and swatters it's part of a 100% natural defense,it just takes a while to get on top of the little gits.

Foliar feeds - Epsom Salts @1tsp per litre.

Neem Oil Emulsion.

large.1577878495061_compress13.jpg

Update details -

As part of my budget based grow Im flowering under two base model Mars Hydro LED lights. I've now fitted them to my hanger and the plants are now vegging under them.

I removed my much loved Blackdogled to make sure I stick to the plan and dont get a little tempted for a boost in the last couple of weeks of flower! Hope your listening Mars hydro lol

Welcome to a .......

large.20200101_153021.gif

large.IMG_20191225_153722_HDR_compress2.jpg

It looks like a tent but is infact the fossilised remains of one stapled round the inside of my timber built space.

Update images -

They look battered but bear with people,bear with.

large.1577878579077_compress58.jpg

large.1577878638148_compress86.jpg

large.1577878703803_compress54.jpg

This Blueberry Cookie was way to stocky to torture it my way so I just topped a couple of times and am letting it roll. Looks brutal but will be good,honest it will!.

large.1577878754663_compress31.jpg

Training progress -

My "technique" starts with defoliation,rolls into supercropping with hst and near total defoliation to finish. 

The goal is to have 2 flowers in each corner yielding 8 equal sized flowers from a plant that's as compact as possible. 

I use a 5cm split piece of silicon hose and zipties or string to hold the supercropped branches in place. The hose holds them firmly to set in place whilst allowing them space to thicken and grow during flowering. 

Tying alone doesnt work well as it needs to be replaced regularly to allow for growth and gets darn annoying.

Mini tutorial - 

1 - Select the right place to supercrop so that when folded and fixed in place the branch sits with the chosen pair of flower sites correctly at each end. Then defoliate below your chosen flowering branches  -

large.1577878069888_compress75.jpg

As I have stupidly weak hands and let the plant go a bit to long. I needed some extra manipulation to soften the stem. I carefully used pliers to loosen the fibres before bending which worked really well as it turns out - 

large.1577878391091_compress51.jpg

3 - Fold the pinched branch across to its opposing branch so the selected pair of flower sites are at each end -

large.1577878444965_compress0.jpg

4 - Roughly measure the length of hose,cut it and split down the side before clipping it over the branches and zip tying in place with your chosen flower sites sticking out -

large.1577878261195_compress19.jpg

5 - Remove most of the remaining foliage other than the chosen flowering branches and a couple of fans for comfort. They will be removed later and you should have a plant that looks as abused as this -

large.1577878193881_compress26.jpg

large.1577878334872_compress55.jpg

Once theyve grown a touch they'll need a little training to level the flowering branches up but that's all the proper training done.

The plant is now symmetrically trained and will supply those resources evenly to each flower.The supercropped bend will trigger a hormone response to aid repair that will boost things further and strengthen the structure.

Other than yielding equal sized colas. Using this technique keeps the main bulk of the plant and its flowers within the rim of the pot rather than hanging out the sides that takes up so much more space and is like controlling a drunk Octopus at times.

Not looking so battered today -

large.1577878790323_compress13.jpg

large.1577878826202_compress56.jpg

It looks complicated but it really isnt. It's a couple of toppings, some squishing, bending,tying and trimming.

Next step - leave to veg for a couple of weeks to arrange the flower sites then flip, no biggy.

Happy new year, peace and respect to you all.

Oooooh glitchy -

large.image3A29115_Glitch7_compress59.jpg

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 4

glad to see you back and in better health bro :)

some brutal training going on but it will pay dividends I am sure mate ;)

thanks for the update to the diary and good luck in 2020

atb 

matt 

• Like 2

On 01/01/2020 at 4:34 PM, 2Fat2EatThat said:

Firstly,apologies @Dinafem-Mark and @Intense Nutrients Matt I had a bit of a break, actually enjoyed xmas and time slipped by. I'm feeling quite a bit better now and am back in the game for 2020!!

No apologies needed brother  ;)

It's been the festive season and by the sound of things your coming back refreshed  :yep:

Starting to get interesting in here with that aggressive training work, interesting times ahead  :headbang:

Happy New Year mate and best wishes for 2020. It's going to be a great year ;)

Mark..