Dianfem/Intense Nutrients Comp - Blueberry Cookies and Orange Juice. Budget Compost Grow.

2Fat2EatThat

On 15/10/2019 at 5:59 PM, 2Fat2EatThat said:

Interim and unexpected update lol

My parcel from Intense arrived earlier and when I dived in like a fat kid at christmas I discovered a few extra treats!

I also discovered Matt had sent the Organix Range which I'm really chuffed about as was expecting the standard Dirt range and was more than happy with that. 

So I'm double happy as Mickey Flanagan would say.

Have a peek - 

large.20191015_174222_compress69.jpg

large.20191015_173625_compress66.jpg

large.20191015_173712_compress43.jpg

large.20191015_173824_compress79.jpg

large.20191015_173744_compress1.jpg

large.20191015_173904_compress87.jpg

The new products dont really change my grow plan other than I can add the OG innoculant to my compost and can treat my seedlings to some cannabis spa treatments lol 

Back on track and seeds going in soon, take it easy folks.

Game on :headbang:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

Hey people,

I trust everyones well.

When my Intense Nutrients parcel arrived with extra products that I hadn't expected I had to edit some of what I'd written in advance to include extra steps and cover them properly out of respect to Intense.

Chaos theory has ruled and the butterflies wing of three extra products created an editing typhoon lol

I could of made it easy and just thrown it all together with a splash of Root Stim and say it's done in a couple days but thats no use to Intense or anyone really.

large.1572022635473_compress1.jpg

Lets be honest germination isnt rocket science but knowing some basics increases success rates on what can be darn expensive beans.

I'll be using Intense Nutrients Foundation Root Stimulant and OG Granules.

Equipment -

Ice Cream tub and kitchen roll.

1 litre misting bottle.

500ml water that's kettle boiled twice to remove as much Chlorine as possible and then left to cool. Some wouldnt bother but Chlorine is in there to kill the types of bugs we want to encourage right from the start,so I do bother.

Plastic Syringe in 1ml increments.

6 x 3 inch pots and enough compost to fill them losely.

Cheap £3.99 plastic clip top tub (pic later on)

large.20191014_210632_compress68.jpg

Germination prep 24hrs before seeds -

Fill the misting bottle with 500ml of the twice boiled/cooled water, add 1ml Foundation Root Stimulant.

large.1572027413524_compress2.jpg

I measure out the compost into my tub with one of the pots I'm using until I have 6 pots worth, I then break up any lumps.

For that amount of compost I added 1 flat teaspoon of Og Granules to the compost and mixed really well.

large.20191015_173904_compress87.jpg

It's all then lightly misted with the Root Stim then stirred. I repeat that a few times to ensure the Root Stim is throughout the compost without it being over wet just moist.

I fill the pots loosely, put them in the clip lid tub and place the tub in the corner of my grow space to warm through and be ready to roll in a day or two.

large.20191027_010348_compress41.jpg

Any left over compost goes back in the bag as its now loaded with Intense goodies.

Next I take my ice cream tub and line the base with kitchen roll and wet with the Root Stim mist mix.

As I'm using 2 strains I separate them with a piece of rolled up kitchen roll - 

large.20191026_173622_compress88.jpg

The lid goes on and I place it in my airing cupboard to warm up for the seeds arrival. The average temps inside the tub in my airing cupboard are between 26c-29c with high humidity as youd expect.

large.1571414883388_compress3.jpg

With that all done the prepped pots and ice cream tub get left for 48hrs.

Germination day -

I grab the warm tub, drop in the seeds, cover with another piece of kitchen roll and mist. They then go back in the airing cupboard.

****Keep the Root Stim mix in your misting bottle for when your popped seeds go in your pots****

24 hrs later I have germinated seeds and the fun begins -

large.1572132511923_compress69.jpg

I pull out my warmed pots and set to work planting up.

Using a plant label I make a slot for the taproot to slide into, like a letter box. Slide the tap root in and close the gap with the seed head staying level with the compost -

large.1572027865100_compress53.jpg

large.1572027924763_compress62.jpg

Then I go round and loosely place about 10mm of compost in a mound on top of each one -

large.1572027694391_compress24.jpg

large.1572027768771_compress63.jpg

A quick mist with Root Stim mix, replace the box lid and I pop it back in the corner of my veg grow space that's always warm on 20/4 lighting -

large.1572074070201_compress40.jpg

I do it this way to stop the seed dropping down into the compost when watering but also to make sure theres enough compost to cause some drag on the seed case to help it come loose on its journey upwards.

Wind forward 36hrs and I have 6 lovely seedlings all looking for light.

large.1572103530480_compress13.jpg

I'll be adding the Root Stim mix to the bottom of the tub every couple of days to draw those roots down through the compost looking for fluids.

large.20191014_154953_compress76.jpg

As is normal with Dinafem germination has been short and swift. The 3 Orange Juice  came up in unison and the chilled Blueberry Cookies were a little slower of the line but alls healthy.

This is the first time I've added anything other than a little seaweed into germination so am looking forward to seeing how quickly those roots develop.

large.20191026_140733_mix01.jpg

Todays mini update -

Grow day 4.

Lighting is on 24/0.

Temps 25.9c - 28.3c

Humidity 57%

Here they are earlier this afternoon -

large.1572102696564_compress83.jpg

large.1572102742786_compress54.jpg

As you can see the OJ's all got a wriggle on together and the Blueberry Cookies are kicking back a little but all is well.

There you have it then,germination all done and the fun really starts.

large.1572109531650_compress27.jpg

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 7

Earlier today I dropped into the diary of @vince noir rock n roll star who had made an official declaration of root action.

I at first thought he must have invoked dark forces to tease his innocent roots into darker and dirtier depths of depravity but I then took a quick peek under my pots into which I had only put popped seeds 5 days ago.

Imagine my horror only to find -

large.1572291782992_compress21.jpg

I'm now concerned that I to am a subconscious practitioner of dark arts and that my soul is now damned for eternity.

It's either that or the guys at Intense Nutrients and Dinafem are doing a grand old job.

@Dinafem-Mark and @Intense Nutrients Matt is my soul destined for purgatory or are you guys "dropping the mic" on genetics and chemistry!?

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

is my soul destined for purgatory or are you guys "dropping the mic" on genetics and chemistry!?

I think your safe from purgatory mate lol

We've seen a few good growth with our seeds and the intense line so we put this competition together to see what the 2 brands combined can really do :yep:

So far we like what we see ;)

@2Fat2EatThat Thanks for doing such detailed write ups buddy :yep:

@Intense Nutrients Matt We chose well here brother  :headbang:

Mark..

• Like 1

its great to see a decent mass of the root system in place so quick and all the girls are up and looking for the light now

great diary so far mate best of luck :)

matt :)

• Like 1

Great diary man. Really detailed. Know how you feel with the money situation. same boat here man. Really to be part of this wouldn't have been able to do these strains otherwise in reality.

• Like 1

large.1572797062306_compress15.jpg

Hey people,

I hope lifes being kind to you and yours.

Let's not discuss the rugby, rugby? What rugby? hmmm.

Things are moving quickly in my grow and judging by how much they reached for the light both Dinafems genetics and Intense Nutrients products are working well in unison.

The one downfall of my ad-hoc veg space is that I cannot adjust light height (as I sit here I've just realised how I could do it actually) I do raise the pots up normally but didnt want to take any risks here.

That height means I have been pushed into potting up a little earlier than normal. All plants had fine roots peeking out the bottoms and most a second set of true leaves so Im not to far out but would rather of kept them longer.

Now they're in a good sized pot I can keep them in check,start training and be patient.

Its Sunday 3rd November and here's this weeks diary details -

Grow day 10

Lights on temp 27.3c

Humidity 63%

Light Schedule 24/0

(dropping to 18/6 now potted up)

Supplements per litre -

Foundation Root Stim @3ml 175ml across all 6.

Here's a quick peek at my young Orange Juice and Blueberry Cookies seedlings before potting up -

large.1572625943086_compress39.jpg

large.1572625884895_compress23.jpg

Time for some hot n' dirty potting up action using these fine ingredients - 

large.1572626031329_compress1.jpg

1 - I measured out 6 pots worth of compost into my large mixing tray and broke up any lumps.

+ Added a flat serving spoons worth of OG granules

+ Added 2 heaped serving spoons worth of Diatemacious Earth

2 - Mix it well.

large.20191102_172543_compress70.jpg

After a good mix I misted it all with Foundation Root Stim @ 3ml per litre and mixed again.

Potting up time -

1 - I filled up a pot with the mixed compost.

2 - Removed enough compost to sit the pot in.

3 - Tapped the pot loose in my hand

4 - Placed the seedling in its hollow and back filled with the small pot.

large.20191102_172200_compress20.jpg

Here they are in the new pots -

large.1572712305806_compress93.jpg

large.1572712356804_compress48.jpg

Once that was done it was time for the first feed.

Product and amounts per litre -

Intense Organix Grow 2ml

Intense Foundation Root Stim 3ml

Seaweed Extract 2ml

I made up 1 litre using aired and bubbled H20 and shared this out across all six. Each received about 150ml each with a splash leftover.

It's important that the water is kept and given luke warm as cold water shocks roots and can accidentally stress your plants especially when young. To keep it at that temperature I simply leave it airing and bubbling next to a radiator.

Once they'd been watered I misted them with Neem Emulsion (recipe below) and dusted with Diatemacious Earth as a first defence against infestations.

Here they are potted up,misted, dusted and back under the CMH -

large.1572722233932_compress59.jpg

When theres Diatemacious Earth in or on the compost it always looks dry, dusty and white but it's fine and that top dry dusty layer is what fights against bugs of all types on the surface and the added DE works below the surface. I usually mist the compost with Neem emulsion to for good measure.

From this point on I'm planning to do my updates using the update layout I posted in my introduction if all goes well. 

Bug prevention in my space  -

The tough tray I mix compost in is used for my flowering plants for total fluid control,no one wants bedroom tsunamis. Once I've used the compost and cleaned out the tray I apply a thorough coating of Neem emulsion and a good dust layer of DE.

Its then left to dry against a radiator for 20mins.

large.20191031_151450_compress56.jpg

Once properly dry it leaves a thin layer of Neem with DE set into it like a microscopic 60grit sand paper that does a good job of giving crawling bugs a bad day.

Neem oil works by disrupting their hormonal balance stopping them maturing and interfering with breeding.

I also treat my whole space the exact same way between grows. I coat anything non electrical and bake it under the lights for a couple of hours to give a tough unhappy place for anything to crawl on.

The bits of "art" here are always based on pictures from the update although they can get pretty twisted.

With full roast dinner and some form of rhubarb for pudding I'm off, until next time bye chaps.

large.1572721008667-01_compress52.jpg

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 6

@Dinafem-Mark :notworthy:@Intense Nutrients Matt  thanks for popping in chaps and for giving me the chance to have a go here. It's much appreciated and hope I can get the best out of your products.

@highway_017 nice to see you and cheers for calling in man. One thing with normally having pennies instead of pounds is you get creative and can find some interesting solutions to problems.

But if your not careful you can also create problems from your solutions lollol

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 2

@2Fat2EatThat remind me not to look into your diaries when i've been smoking, some of those images will most likely send me into another dimension lol

Good progress, I can almost say that i will be switching to intense nutrients once my current batch of BioBizz has been used up, some very impressive results accross the board.

• Like 1

@mystic_roots thanks for calling in my friend and hope you dont have epilepsy lol 

I have alot of time to fill and fiddling with pictures keeps me quiet in the corner which my wife likes lol and it adds some colour to my diaries.

Its early days for me with Intense but it looks and smells right and works well so far.

I'm using it exactly as described on the schedule and have had no side effects at those levels. With many nute brands if you dive in with the amounts they suggest your going to fry your delicate plants.

For instance they suggest at this early stage using Grow @2ml a litre and I have done with no burn. If you tried that with many other brands you'd have crispy leaves a plenty and a sad young plant.

That's as far as I can go currently but check back in at your leisure man.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 2

@2Fat2EatThat You are most definitely adding as much info to this diary as possible which is fantastic and make a for a great read :yep:

Orange Juice and Blueberry Cookies potted up, let them put some roots down to establish a foundation then buckle up for a growth explosion  :headbang:

Looking on point buddy :yep:

Mark..

On 03/11/2019 at 4:32 PM, 2Fat2EatThat said:

large.1572797062306_compress15.jpg

Hey people,

I hope lifes being kind to you and yours.

Let's not discuss the rugby, rugby? What rugby? hmmm.

Things are moving quickly in my grow and judging by how much they reached for the light both Dinafems genetics and Intense Nutrients products are working well in unison.

The one downfall of my ad-hoc veg space is that I cannot adjust light height (as I sit here I've just realised how I could do it actually) I do raise the pots up normally but didnt want to take any risks here.

That height means I have been pushed into potting up a little earlier than normal. All plants had fine roots peeking out the bottoms and most a second set of true leaves so Im not to far out but would rather of kept them longer.

Now they're in a good sized pot I can keep them in check,start training and be patient.

Its Sunday 3rd November and here's this weeks diary details -

Grow day 10

Lights on temp 27.3c

Humidity 63%

Light Schedule 24/0

(dropping to 18/6 now potted up)

Supplements per litre -

Foundation Root Stim @3ml 175ml across all 6.

Here's a quick peek at my young Orange Juice and Blueberry Cookies seedlings before potting up -

large.1572625943086_compress39.jpg

large.1572625884895_compress23.jpg

Time for some hot n' dirty potting up action using these fine ingredients - 

large.1572626031329_compress1.jpg

1 - I measured out 6 pots worth of compost into my large mixing tray and broke up any lumps.

+ Added a flat serving spoons worth of OG granules

+ Added 2 heaped serving spoons worth of Diatemacious Earth

2 - Mix it well.

large.20191102_172543_compress70.jpg

After a good mix I misted it all with Foundation Root Stim @ 3ml per litre and mixed again.

Potting up time -

1 - I filled up a pot with the mixed compost.

2 - Removed enough compost to sit the pot in.

3 - Tapped the pot loose in my hand

4 - Placed the seedling in its hollow and back filled with the small pot.

large.20191102_172200_compress20.jpg

Here they are in the new pots -

large.1572712305806_compress93.jpg

large.1572712356804_compress48.jpg

Once that was done it was time for the first feed.

Product and amounts per litre -

Intense Organix Grow 2ml

Intense Foundation Root Stim 3ml

Seaweed Extract 2ml

I made up 1 litre using aired and bubbled H20 and shared this out across all six. Each received about 150ml each with a splash leftover.

It's important that the water is kept and given luke warm as cold water shocks roots and can accidentally stress your plants especially when young. To keep it at that temperature I simply leave it airing and bubbling next to a radiator.

Once they'd been watered I misted them with Neem Emulsion (recipe below) and dusted with Diatemacious Earth as a first defence against infestations.

Here they are potted up,misted, dusted and back under the CMH -

large.1572722233932_compress59.jpg

When theres Diatemacious Earth in or on the compost it always looks dry, dusty and white but it's fine and that top dry dusty layer is what fights against bugs of all types on the surface and the added DE works below the surface. I usually mist the compost with Neem emulsion to for good measure.

From this point on I'm planning to do my updates using the update layout I posted in my introduction if all goes well. 

Bug prevention in my space  -

The tough tray I mix compost in is used for my flowering plants for total fluid control,no one wants bedroom tsunamis. Once I've used the compost and cleaned out the tray I apply a thorough coating of Neem emulsion and a good dust layer of DE.

Its then left to dry against a radiator for 20mins.

large.20191031_151450_compress56.jpg

Once properly dry it leaves a thin layer of Neem with DE set into it like a microscopic 60grit sand paper that does a good job of giving crawling bugs a bad day.

Neem oil works by disrupting their hormonal balance stopping them maturing and interfering with breeding.

I also treat my whole space the exact same way between grows. I coat anything non electrical and bake it under the lights for a couple of hours to give a tough unhappy place for anything to crawl on.

The bits of "art" here are always based on pictures from the update although they can get pretty twisted.

With full roast dinner and some form of rhubarb for pudding I'm off, until next time bye chaps.

large.1572721008667-01_compress52.jpg

Looking Brilliant Mate. I think everyones managed to get them stretched though. Myself included. lol