Dianfem/Intense Nutrients Comp - Blueberry Cookies and Orange Juice. Budget Compost Grow.

2Fat2EatThat

@highway_017 thanks for calling in my friend.

The stretch is just virile genetics. We've all had seeds from other brands that have died a death even when they have popped.

For my plan the height to the first internode is the most important part so wanted that as low as possible and its bang on now. 

Have a good weekend man.

• Like 2

Yo @2Fat2EatThat - very nice detailed diary, would not expect less from you. I will call out the Dianfem typo in the title though click baiting me in (joke lollol ) - Best of luck with your grow. I just harvested Dinafem Blueberry Cookies and it pleasently surprised me, the colours in it remind me of an old big bud x blueberry cut I used to get back home in the Shires. Very much looking forward to smoking some in a couple of weeks or so. I am sure you will smash it and be a worthy contender in this competition.. Best of luck fella :) 

• Like 1

large.1571487082537-01_mix01_mix01_compress31.jpg

Hey Growers,

A serious moment -

Yesterday was remembrance Sunday and thankfully it was a bright November morning for those marching and standing in remembrance.

I have a strong military back ground in my family and the Navy was meant to be for me but my health held me back even back then about 35 years ago.

For me this rememberence Sunday was focused around my uncle, who was an Engineer Articifer in the Navy. He had a heart attack about 10 days before his ship, the HMS Antelope sailed for the Falklands which weirdly may have saved his life.

Sadly he has passed away as of 7mths ago after ill health and his refusal to ever stop drinking and smoking after several heart attacks.

He was a top 1980's "Life on Mars" bloke,bit of a drinker, player, with zero self control but a heart of gold. He showed me sea fishing and alcohol was a match made in heaven lol

Heaven that is until that last pint or two to many in a good swell and your sharing a small deck space with spilt thick scrumpy cider, various fish bits,lugworms,varied guts,some vomit and about 1/2 a gallon of petrol all washing around your feet, nice and safe lol

He did a decade in the Navy but was discharged soon after his heart attack and he struggled with life from that point.

My respects to anyone who has lost loved ones, have served or are still active in our military forces past, present and future.

large.1573402291051_compress64.jpg

Back to less emotive topics and my diary update.

Date - Monday 11th November.

Time stats recorded 2.05pm.

Grow day - 18.

Light schedule - 18/6.

Light timings - on 2am off 8pm.

Temperature Lights on - 26.9c.

Lights off -21.1c.

Humidity - 51%.

large.1573402502250_compress21.jpg

Intense Nutrients Organix products per litre -

Grow @2ml

Runzyme @1ml

Foundation @1ml

Amount given - 200ml per plant every 3 to 4 days.

large.1573403151570_compress14.jpg

Weekly foliar feeds and dressings -

Neem emulsion with Seaweed extract @1ml per litre.
(Given on Saturday 10th).

Dressing of Diatemacious Earth, about 2 tsp per pot.

large.1573402429670_compress31.jpg

Grow news -

All the plants have been settling into the new pots and been busy finding their pot bottoms.

Growth slowed a little after potting up while they settled into their new surroundings but they are really starting to push on now.

The pictures here were taken on Friday morning and they've pushed on alot since.

large.1573402242000_compress98.jpg

Pest prevention -

Today, I have applied a simple barrier defence against bug infestations. Its a liberal coating of pure neat Neem oil to the main stem thats then dusted it with the DE.

I need to wait until the plants are at their 2nd internode to ensure the stems are tough enough low down.

Once there, you simply get some Neem on your fingers and carefully apply it around whole stem up to the first internode.

Then flick DE on top of it all round.

In pictures for you -

large.20191110_172010.jpg

This will help guard against bugs that may want to climb up or down the stem to fulfill their life cycle as Thrips do. I just keep and eye on it and touch up as needed throughout the whole grow.

In a couple of weeks I will do the same thing to all stems and branches. I've found that as long as you keep the actual foliage only lightly coated you can be very industrial with stems and branches after around three weeks of growth.

So far I have mixed Diatemacious Earth into the compost,have applied it to the compost surface and with Neem added it to the main stem.

As a simple extra measure, whenever I mist the plants with light Neem emulsion I also mist the compost surfaces.

large.1573402180153_compress60.jpg

That's four easy lines of defence to help make my grow space, plants and compost the most uncomfortable place for a bug to consider living in whilst only using natural ingredients carefully.

All that's left for today are the shots of my 3 Oj's and 3 Bc's. As I said above they've come on alot since taking the photos, but, here they are Friday with numbers on labels.

Orange Juice - 

large.1573401809295_compress86.jpg

large.1573401872082_compress26.jpg

large.1573401921456_compress35.jpg

Next are my three Blueberry Cookies-

large.1573401972719_compress69.jpg

large.1573402020931_compress93.jpg

large.1573402067591_compress70.jpg

I trust you've all had good weekends with good food,laughter and enjoyed some fine weed.

Take it easy folks.

large.1573433909849_compress1.jpg

• Like 3

@InTheSystem oh bollocks...well......umm...ah yeah..... I did that because I had seeds from an exclusive division of Dinafem called Dianfem and you have to be very good looking to qualify for Dianfem seeds.

Were you not invited mate? thought youd have been asked but Dianfem strains are very exclusive and cannot be handled by lesser folk.

Ok...ok...ok!... I admit it I'm a twat lol

Edit -- judging by the typos also in lastnights update its obvious I have to stop doing updates at 3am as I miss the typos lol

• Like 4

Dianfem fur the win dun weel sofa :yinyang:

Dinafem for the win done well so far buddy keep the shots coming

All the best 

Matt 

• Like 3

Apparently typos are the latest trend,you guys are just old hat lol

Over the weekend I discovered that living on a Ley Line causes sudden temporary anti gravity holes to appear around your home. 

I was lucky enough to find one getting out of bed on Saturday, I fell in it, hit my side hard on the dresser and twisted my shoulder and spent a moment at An'E.

Being generally considered as ready for recycling I'm in a bit of a state anyway so now I'm about ready for incineration and being fed by hand (slight exaggeration but she does hand me biscuits) 

Anyhow photos haven't happened but alls well there and should get on it in a day or two.

In my boredom and without new grow pics I've stretched out in a new direction sci fi grow art lol - 

large.5dd2b658e9252_ItCame.jpg

large.5dd2b66357662_Findus_.jpg

large.5dd2b63c22a68_FromMars_.jpg

@Dinafem-Mark hope your moves getting done, im good mate few more pills and bit of a breather should be back to some kind of shape!

Take it easy folks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

Anyhow photos haven't happened but alls well there and should get on it in a day or two.

I hope your ok mate :)

Please take things easy over the next few day's and rest up  ;)

Move went as well as can be expected. 99% unpacked but I still can't find my bong lol

Has to go old school and turn a 2l coke bottle into a gravity bong lol

Stay safe buddy and catch you on the next update  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark thanks for the kind words,I'd rather have Ribs all the colours of the rainbow than move house that's for sure lol but glad it's done for you mate. Is it a better place for you?

I have bruised my Ribs and torn a muscle in my shoulder so anything involving laughter or scratching my head hurts like hell, but is still very funny each time I forget that, according to my loving wife,gotta love em' ain't ya lol

Update time.

large.1574183979754_mix01_mix01_mix01_compress85.jpg

Hey chaps,

Another week gone already and j trust everyones well.

I'm just about moving today after my stupid fall, I'm old and my awesome six pack makes me unstable is that's simple lol

Sadly, I start with a piece of bad news regarding one of the Blueberry Cookies, number 2 to be specific.

It came up fine and seemed happy enough if a little soft stemmed. But,it grew until its second internode and lost its head. Quite literally -

large.1574202684150_compress3.jpg

large.1574202736941_compress54.jpg

As I have a few spare BBC seeds, when I really noticed it last week I decided to pop another seed to cover it should it die back fully as it is. I really wanted 6 plants finishing at the same to build up some solid stocks.

Of course the new number 2 may be a little behind when it comes to training but should catch up during veg pretty well with some love.

large.1574179679313-01_compress5.jpg

Environment details -

Data Date - Tuesday 19th November.

Time of day - 1.35pm

Grow day - 26

Light schedule - 18/6

Light timings - 2am - 8pm

Temperature Lights on - 27.2c
Lights off - 21.5c

Humidity - 53%

large.20191119_233037_mix01_mix03_compress96.jpg

Nutrition -

Intense Nutrients Organix per litre -

Grow - 3ml

Foundation - 1ml

300 ml per plant every 3 days.

Preventative/ foliar feeds every Friday of -

Seaweed Extract @1ml
+
Epsom Salts @1 flat tsp per litre

Followed 24hrs later by a thorough misting of Neem emulsion paying special attention to underneath all fans.

Top dressing of Diatemacious Earth.

large.1574207337389_compress55.jpg

Grow details -

You can see by the burst in growth that they've all found pot bottom and are firing into life.

I'm really happy with the growth and health of the plants in general whilst using Intense's products.

As always it's very hard to be precise over exactly how well they're performing. All I can say is the plants boomed into life this last week since upping the Organix Grow by 1ml.

Anyone else fancy a bowl of Organix Grow soup?

Smells like a good Polish Borscht,hand me a spoon,some salt and pepper,a chunk of Sourdough and I'm in hot beet heaven, just me? lol

large.1574203620488_compress81.jpg

Training progress -

They have all now been topped at the 3rd internode - 

large.1574204061619_compress15.jpg

large.1574203906908_compress75.jpg

I will leave them to veg again for a couple weeks before potting up into final 11ltr pots.

Once they're settled in their new homes they will then be cut down to one internode at which point the training twist begins.

That upcoming twisted training fun will include silicon hose,zip ties and a gentle touch, all things a good lady enjoys.

BbCookie 2 is at the start of course so here are her remaining grow sisters.

Orange Juice first -

large.1574202364955_compress77.jpg

large.1574202445762_compress32.jpg

large.1574202537527_compress87.jpg

Following up with the Blueberry Cookies -

large.1574202621309_compress78.jpg

large.1574202801490_compress69.jpg

To finish - 

Whatever seeds of both strains I have left from this grow will be grown in a partnering Dinafem diary and will be the absolute polar opposite of this grow with a unique set up and madness by the pound.

It will be titled "Growing the Railway" whatever that may mean -

large.1574175344195_compress39.jpg

I cant do "normal" for long it's just not me but I'm trying in this one people. If I'm honest I dont think I've ever done two whole grows in the same way since I re- started a few years back.

large.1574207417011_compress65.jpg

Bonus chapter and just sharing what works for me -

Have I mentioned I've not used dried,cured weed for nearly 2 years now? 

I've tried not to talk about my medical shit to much as I need a medical free space to enjoy but I have to share this as it may be a help to others in similar situations who are buried by GP medications by the dozen.

So yes, I only use flushed,fresh of the plant flowers, gently washed, chopped by hand with scissors and vaped through my Da Buddha Vape.

It's the best way I've found of dealing with severe pain and general nerve problems, migraines,numbness etc along with the normal effects we all enjoy.

I'm not 100% sure why but I do know it works, and works damn well after a few days of starting. 

Flavour is as on the plant and we all know how nice that is.

Potency is always ferocious and intense if a little shorter, although the medical effects are longer lasting than cured.

Inhalation is beautiful as it's full of moisture of course and no to hot down the throat issues.

As it's never fully dried the remnants go in a jar where they cure perfectly well with the limited moisture over a few months and reliably gives a beautiful, perfumed, hashy vape once done but my wife uses it in papers as its an excellent day time smoke having had some content removed of course.

I've typed this out about ten times in other threads but didnt want to have to defend it and I'm not even sure why it works so well medically and as such cant exactly give evidence to back it up other than my own experiences. 

All I can assume is that for the first half the temperatures are relatively low in the crumb and are tempered by the moisture allowing the fresh versions of everything good in it to carry over in the inhalation like THC A, as in fresh weed milk shakes for example.

Once the temperature builds and it dries, it essentially decarboxylates and you get a more standard hit from it on top of the initial fresh hit.

To me at least It appears to bring the best of both worlds. It also has a real bonus of my never having to dry and cure a whole crop,its done in time by vaping it first then storing.

Its like picking a nice apple of the tree,or even half an apple when you want it and picking another later on.

It also makes flower at any stage 100% useable if needed in an emergency (last weekend for me).

I leave anything with a single Trich on and chop it up including stems etc so waste is at an absolute minimum.

There are not many vapes you can do this with so unless anyone out there buys a Da Buddha Vape or it's big brother it'll be hard to test but it's well worth it I can tell you. If you have very complicated health issues you want to treat across the board but especially those with serious nerve damage or disease this worth a try.

So there it is,I've said it out loud and my diaries are never big chat fests but if your reading this and are going to try it I'd be happy to compare notes and would be very interested in your results.

You dont know until you try but it definitely works for me.

*****Atn Mark - all competitive crops will go through the normal process mate, so itll be a usable normal diary.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 3

@Dinafem-Mark still alive and kicking mate! Hope your doing good. Not disappeared into the ether, explanation below also could you pass a message on to your hso cousin that the "noodles are cooked" and hung but other OGKZ have succumbed to my medical requirements.

Back asap my friend,phew.

Hi chaps,

I've had an enjoyable journey since my fall with a trapped nerve and the worst vertigo I've ever had even over doing way to much LSD one night. Luckily my house is already full of grab rails,seats,wet room etc and I have enough meds to support the army so I have the kit to cope.

I've never felt so out of control of my senses like that,what a fucking few days I tell you,cant scratch my ear without spinning out. Happily the one thing that helps stop the spinning and my stomach going at 10000rpm is our friendly weed but have had to chop some plants early to keep vaping, none here obviously.

All competition plants are happy though,the wifes always done a lot so shes carried on with them.

Will be back in shape in a few days I hope but typings no fun that's for sure so excuse my silence for now.

Have a good weekend all.

• Like 5

On 23/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, 2Fat2EatThat said:

All competition plants are happy though,the wifes always done a lot so shes carried on with them.

Tell your good lady thank you brother :yep:

Now I'm not your mother but I think you need to take a few day's, rest up and come back brighter than ever  ;)

We all need a bit of down time mate, take it and we will be right here if you need us :yep:

Stay safe buddy  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark

@Dinafem-Mark still breathing mate but am no better really. I apologise for my mental meltdown elsewhere im just sick and tired of falling apart every time I get going,its so totally demoralising. You know I tried to keep this place medical shit free but I've no other outlet for it and I dont want anyone to think I've folded and disappeared like last time.

My GP thinks all the crap over the last 18mths has triggered my Sarcoidosis attacking my nervous system and the fall was a red herring. It can flare up at any mmoment especially after stress, mental or physical, and leaves lesions on your nerves,organs  anywhere in your body including your brain,spinal column etc. its non reversible damage so it's just about limiting it as much as possible.

So they want to up my methotrexate further to slow my immune system right down but its a bitch of drug even with the added vitamins to protect as much as possible. Shes also upped my muscle relaxants,sedatives and sleeping pills to help me relax but I really dont want to take anymore of any of them.

Enough of that shit,

@Intense Nutrients Matt

I have been working on an update here all week but in tiny little chunks. It's nearly done and will be up this weekend. God knows how I've done it but they're looking good and as usual my wife has been a god send.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 3

Hi bro don't worry about weekly updates etc your health and wellbeing are far more important 

Sounds like your having a proper shit time of it and I know from my missus how disabling  the side effects from upping medications can be 

Hope you can get used to the new doses quickly and I'm always here if you need to chat or vent etc 

Anything I can do to help just let me know bro I'm only ever a pm away 

All the best

Matt 

• Like 2