Which Games Console?

Guest theokoles

Guest theokoles

Ive been thinking about getting a new console, i have the Wii u and mostly play Mario Karts and Smash bros, upgrading to the Switch doesn't really do it for me as there's no new racing tracks for MK and Smash is almost the same, not many other games pique my interest. My gf likes platform games, i like racing games and used to like fps games like shadows of the empire for the N64. Im not up to speed on any of the latest games, one thing i don't like is that COD lol ..

Some cool looking games out for the xbox and ps4 but which should i go for?

shocked and suprised me lad has a switch ..we played a game called the goose the other night ,wife nearly needed tena ladies from laughing so hard ,plus the remake of zelda looks proper arcadey ,,really liked the look and feel of it ,

• Like 2

Xbox One X if you want 4k or close to it gamming: Racing games Forza or Forza Horizon. Xbox Live Ultimate =  Xbox Live, Xbox Gamepass and Play anywhere. Streaming games from xbox to tablet and hook in your joypad via Bluetooth and play your xbox in bed or sofa while the wife watches eastenders.  Coming soon play xbox one games streamed to your mobile/tablet from Microsoft cloud. Or if you can settle on crappy network online playing and a console that is good for 1080p gameplay PlayStation 4 Pro, Online gamming network emm. I own both and the ps4 pro is collecting dust.

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 2

Agree with @Joolz Xbox one X especially if you have a 4K TV, plenty of good racing games like Forza, the Horizon Series are my favourites. Also a good few platformers although some of these are remakes with upgraded graphics like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot if you remember them from back in the day?

Lots of fps too like Halo and so on. A must is the Grand theft Auto series.

Anyone remember and liked Demolition Derby i think on the ps1 years ago? Wreckfest is similar and good fun. :yep:

• Like 1

@theokoles There are many demos of games too on the Xbox one so good to try them out before you buy. No need to subscribe or pay anything to play just connect to your broadband. Not sure if the ps4 has demos?

Agree with the Xbox s/x, and if you can use it on a HD projector.... fucking wow.

Saying that, I read with the ps4 you can use a mouse and keyboard, which doesn't seem to work on the xbox. The xbox controller, to me anyway, is only good for driving games.... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I'd wait for next gen like Zen-Ken says. But if you can't wait then PS4 all the way for me. I've got both Xbox One and PS4 and I never play the Xbox One, most cross-platform games perform better on the PS4 (Xbox One claims to be more powerful, but it was always designed to be a multimedia orientated console while the PS4 was designed as a gaming console) and the PS4 exclusive games are much better (The Last of Us remaster is worth getting a PS4 for by itself, one of the best games ever made, even though it's a remaster of a PS3 game it's still one of the best games on this generation of consoles).

E2A Dunno about Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, don't have a 4K telly lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

I have two PS4 pro's....there ok.....I wouldnt of got them if it wasnt for the fact I had an original ps4 and it finally gave up the ghost a year ago.

The kids grew up.....(hence two....so I can at least have a chance of getting on it)

I like Xbox for PC style RPG games....but for anything twitch it has to be the playstation :yep:

Anyone wanting a good pasting in conflict on DIV 2 is welcome to hit me up :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1