Which Games Console?

Guest theokoles

26 minutes ago, Boojum said:

and eventually Sega stopped making consoles

The Dreamcast didn't have any kind of DRM to prevent piracy. It was as easy as downloading a game off the internet, burning it onto a cd and sticking it in the dreamcast lol There must've been thousands upon thousands of little shits like me who had those huge CD folders with the big zips full of hundreds of games, its no wonder sega stopped making consoles lol 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GSZZ said:

The Dreamcast didn't have any kind of DRM to prevent piracy. It was as easy as downloading a game off the internet, burning it onto a cd and sticking it in the dreamcast lol There must've been thousands upon thousands of little shits like me who had those huge CD folders with the big zips full of hundreds of games, its no wonder sega stopped making consoles lol 

I never knew a single person who had a Dreamcast , I don't think they sold many consoles never mind many games for them

Sega were at their highest point when they released a 16 bit console before Nintendo and had Sonic the Hedgehog , it was all downhill after that

• Like 3

The old man, despite being a viscous bully and schoolteacher, was a ham radio enthusiast and computer dealer.  In 1980, he bought 20 ZX80's which in those days arrived as a kit,   assembled them all and setup one of the countries first dedicated computer & technology  departments for a private school he worked at. Much to his disappointment, literally all us kids just played games. lol 

Once, he made a cash offer to the manager of a local Co-op to buy all the computers they had in a closing down sale, we ended up with a garage and living room full of boxed computers and peripherals which he sold through the local paper.

We had pretty much every personal computer, but there's not much more of a cuntish thing to do to your kids than give them a computer only for them to come home from school to find that their machines had been sold. :taz:   

I briefly owned lol  the following.. 

ZX80 and 81

ZX Spectrums 16, 48, 128

Commodore Pet, Vic 20,  16, 64, and SX64. The SX64 was a 'portable' commodore 64 the size of a suitcase. lol  

Amstrad CPC 464 :soap: 

BBC B

Amiga A500

Atari 520st and 1040stfm

Archimedes

I got into piracy at erm, 13 lol  and made more money from selling cracked games than my Dad did from selling machines. I used to get dragged to Ham radio events at places like Longleat house, and find boxes of  hundreds of  used 3.5" floppy discs, make silly cash offers, take the haul back home, make a pile of all the ones which would format, then sit there with white spirit and a rag. I'd remove all the labels and sticky residues :puke:  put a new label on each disc then sell them to kids in school for £1 each or a fiver for a disc  full of games.    lol 

Those were the fucking days. lol  

Edited to add - I bought a 1970 VW Beetle when I was  14 with my ill-gotten gains. lol   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

I never knew a single person who had a Dreamcast , I don't think they sold many consoles never mind many games for them

I had a Dreamcast, much underrated console, some fucking superb games :)

Nintendo stuck with the massive plastic plug-in cartridges right up until the Gamecube (another underrated console with some superb games), then they went totally the other way with teeny tiny ickle discs lol

I admit, I'm a gaming geek, up until the Nintend Switch I've owned every console from the NES and Sega Master System onwards. The Switch is the first one I haven't bought, and I'll probably get one when they get to be cheap second hand lol

and had Sonic the Hedgehog , it was all downhill after that

I see what you did there :clown:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, highcontrast said:

Im fully converted to pc gaming now, their are so many great games that don’t reach a console.

I can see why people would rather have a console with physical hard copy of games but there are also pro’s to digital copys (on pc atleast). I can download a £50 game and if i dont like it, refund it for full price within a certain amount of time. 

Once a hard copy is out the plastic your already looking at a loss if the games not to your liking.

I just had a quick google and it appears sony won’t allow a refund as soon as the game has been downloaded so it seems the disc version is better suited for people that get through plenty of titles. 

hopefully microsoft have a better digital refund policy for the xbox gamers

I like to play competitively, just playing in a public server for fun doesn't really appeal to me as much. Can't beat headsets on with a team where no one is talking about from calling out locations. Reason I jumped back to consoles was simply for the chance of a more even playing field. With a pc I feel players have advantages if using better systems. I know with a console the same can be said when it comes to what tv but least graphics n load times are more close. Don't get me wrong I love a mouse and keyboard but yeah I'm more into my console gaming now. Some of the best time was playing medal of honour on the pc. Could play that from the minute I woke up till I went to bed. Some aspirin to prevent a dvt from sitting down to long rather than getting up and walking about lol . Honestly never got into a game like the way I got into that. Back in the day we had clan base and was in the top 3 teams in the uk. Played for team England too lol how geeky does that sound. Would give anything for them to release the game again but remastered and would fly out to spend a few grand on a pc the same day. Even watch some old matches on YouTube, takes me right back lol .

I was late to the game with consoles, my older brother had what i think i remember was commodore 64 as kids, i remember a shinobi game and you could also make it talk in a womens or mans voice on the text file :smokin:

Then their was a snes that my old man brought back from the pub one afternoon with a super mario that wanted for nothing but at the price of foreign subtitles lol

My first console was an xbox in my mid 20’s which didn't last long to some red ring shite. I did get to experience rainbow six vegas for a while first tho and met some decent people.

Got a ps4 to play rainbow six siege in my 30’s and again met a decent bunch of guys all similar age and some who even share the passion for the devils cabbage :yep: i still game with a few of them some 5/6ish years on but were all on pc now. 

Everyone’s a cheater on PC and I've never met anyone i have ever wanted to game with again lol

• Like 1