Ranec

large.5dbbf959c713b_IMG_20191101_0845502_20191101092142627.jpg

Weekly res change, tbh I probably should have done it a few days ago when I first noticed the EC starting to drop and pH rising but she seems to be happy and healthy so I've just upped the grow to 5ml/l and will keep an eye on her...

Also started trimming away all of the leaves and side shoots from beneath the net as well as tying down the four main stems - there's a lot of overlapping leaves at the moment but I'm hoping that will even out with training and trimming.

Roots are currently a beautiful criss-cross of fine white threads exploring the tray but will soon thicken up into a fibrous mat, they're into the res already but I cut the spreader mat long enough that it hangs down and should keep most of them in the downstream end.

Wasn't planning on a loooong veg period but I'm starting to enjoy this training malarkey and the idea of filling the net is very appealing!. lol

• Like 3

Daily res check showed the EC dropping and pH rising again so I decided to add an extra 5 litres of ph'd water and 30ml of grow - will keep an eye on the figures and adjust the next res change accordingly :nerd:

Also took out a few more sun leaves and another couple of unwanted side shoots whilst lst-ing today, it looks like Queenie's bushy genetics are gonna keep me busy for a while, with relatively tight internodes and plenty of big leaves around my net is starting to fill out fast :skin_up:

large.5dc5a72a8495a_IMG_20191108_1630572_20191108173331101.jpg

Res change this week was 15l of water with 6ml/l Ionic Hydro Grow, 0.5ml/l calmag and 0.66ml/l Silver Bullet Roots. Final pH was 5.7 and EC 1.8. Canopy temps are between 25 and 15°c and root temps are a constant 22-ish-°c

It's not surprising this girl is rather greedy considering the way she's growing away like crazy. Horizontal side shoots are being tied down whilst vertical pairs get the downward shoot and leaf pinched out then the upward shoot is topped above the second node. Also started to notice a bit of purple coming through on some of the older sun leaves as well as a beautifully sweet smell whilst trimming, I reckon she's gonna make a fine addition to the jars :yep:

Plan is to run her out like this for another 2-3 weeks then switch to 12/12 and watch all those shoots reach for the skies :skin_up:

Edited by Ranec
gramma..
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Day 37

And the app I use to edit my images is playing up so here they are in all their pared back glory

large.IMG_20191116_162410.jpg

Pre trimming  ∆∆∆         and after   VVV

large.IMG_20191116_165856.jpg

Managed to snap a leader whilst wrestling with it, taped it up with aluminium foil as that's all I had around. Hopefully it'll recover but we'll see..

Plan is to set up my new prop tent then take some cuttings, as much for the practice as for wanting a clone of this plant to mother.

Res change was 15l of pH 5.6 water, 0.66 ml/l calmag, 6.66 ml/l Ionic Hydro Grow and 0.66 ml/l Silver Bullet Roots, will check the final pH and EC when I pop upstairs tomorrow :skin_up:

• Like 1

24 hours later and boom....

large.IMG_20191117_204024.jpg

It appears normal service has been resumed - the res has settled at pH 5.7 and EC 2.0, and as a little bonus my taped-up branch seems to be pulling through admirably :thumsup:

• Like 2

Opening the tent today was a bit of an FML! moment - silly me got distracted by side projects and whoomf!. It's like a freaking jungle in there again!. lol 

what I had hoped would be a 5 minute res check turned into a 45 minute trim and tie down session - noticed newer shoots towards the centre were stretching for the light so removed alot of the lower leaves. She's looking a bit sorry for herself now but I'm sure she'll perk up in a day or two..

large.IMG_20191120_192438_20191120201543875.jpg

May well flick this lady into flower ahead of schedule as she's starting to get a bit bolchy, will see how things are going nearer the weekend.. :skin_up:

• Like 3

large.IMG_20191123_194831.jpg

In my far from expert opinion I reckon I'm about 2 weeks late flipping this lady into flower, the constant branching is crazy with fresh ones popping out everywhere!. 

With its strong Indica heritage I'm hoping there won't be too much stretch although I'm expecting a few of the smaller offshoots will fall by the wayside for the greater good - many of which will end up in the new veg tent as test subjects in my first go at cloning :yep:

Res change was the usual although after 24hrs it read pH 5.5 and EC 2.1 so I may have been a little overgenerous with something - I'll keep an eye on the figures and top up with plain pH'd water if necessary.

Next week's change will probably be 50/50 grow and bloom before moving over to full bloom nutes from day 14 of flower :skin_up:

• Like 1

Looking good Ranec, Ive just finished a run of night queen. Bit of a disaster really I lost 50% of it to gray mould. Keep temps up and humidity down but im sure you know all that.

Good luck.

• Like 1

large.IMG_20191129_194640.jpg

Illness and injury have ment this grow has been pretty much left to its own devices for the last week, and tbh she doesn't look too bad for it, a few of the lower leaders are getting lost amidst the explosion of leaves but I'll probably trim them out along with most of the uppermost sun leaves over the weekend.

Res change was as per the usual recipe other than the grow nutes strength was halved and 3.33ml/l bloom was added.

• Like 2

large.IMG_20191202_191203.jpg

Bit of a 'before & after' thing...

large.IMG_20191206_204406.jpg

Res change was 6.66ml/l Ionic Hydro Bloom, 0.66ml/l calmag and 0.66ml/l Silver Bullet Roots. Might have gone a little bit heavy on the trim but she's bouncing back nicely so far....

large.IMG_20191206_204234.jpg

• Like 2

Res has settled at EC 1.9 and pH 5.3 so I've added 0.066ml/l liquid silicon - not exactly sure how that will affect things but I'll recheck tomorrow and adjust as necessary.

Will probably take out the rest of the sun leaves on the main colas at some point as they're shading a lot of the lower budsites, although I'm not too worried about popcorn as any trim will be going through the bubble bags again :skin_up:

large.IMG_20191213_201133.jpg

large.IMG_20191213_203436.jpg

End of week 3 of flower, I'm expecting this girl to run for around 10 weeks so I thought I'd better open her up a bit to improve airflow and light penetration..

Res change was the same blend as previously - a new 1000lph pump and 16mm id pipe made it a lot quicker too :yep:

Will definitely be flipping my next grow alot sooner lol

Edited by Ranec
Spellingz
  • Like 2

Looking good mate to be fair I haven't seen much dutch passion for a long time so I'm interested in seeing how this goes looks like it is gonna be a monster harvest mate keep it up and hope you feel better now and can keep us updated along the way :) also interested in giving this setup a go NFT and scrog, would you recommend it over a oxypot or a homemade DWC bucket.

Edited by UKsFinest
  • Like 1

Thanks @UKsFinest 

I've not used in oxypots or dwc so can't compare but for ease of use and exceptional growth I reckon nft is fantastic  :yep:

One thing to remember tho is that once in the system the plant is immobile which can make checking and trimming some areas very tricky :nea:

• Like 1