Kingslayer

2 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

the king is impressed ..and has started looking at retirement homes in lithuania .

This is all I got but looks interesting. Keep your eye on the roads. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Cheers mate. Thanks for the heads up. I did read a few people with some stories but these are reasonable fittings and European certified, whatever that means, but will keep an eye on them. I would prefer a LED strip, it was just a little hard to understand the drivers etc and DIYLED doesn't stock stuff small enough for me. 

Give Ads a PM he may still have some dimmable 65w quantum boards lurking around his lair or a similar alternative... @diyleduk :) 

T5s will do the job though mate, I kick seedling and clones off with my t5 still then under quantum board when rooted. Mine is not dimmable though so thats the main reason - May make a diffusior like Vince did I believe when I get around to it.. Still building my cloning cab for the past  few months lol 

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

dimmable 65w quantum boards

Yes mate this is exactly what I wanted. All long gone. Everyone moved to strips. Samsung do some good strips in about 300mm lengths. I spoke to Ad about it before and small stuff isn't really his thing. It's understanding the driver needed for the strips that screws me. Also what bloody wattage the strips are in the first place. Will use these T5 for now and get some in there to test. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Yes mate this is exactly what I wanted. All long gone. Everyone moved to strips. Samsung do some good strips in about 300mm lengths. I spoke to Ad about it before and small stuff isn't really his thing. It's understanding the driver needed for the strips that screws me. Also what bloody wattage the strips are in the first place. Will use these T5 for now and get some in there to test. 

Meanwell LPF-60D-36 driver for a 65w quantum board mate - I got one off Ad a couple of months ago as he gifted me it (I know, lucky git I am) - which is the only reason I suggested he may have some old stock lying around still - actually I don't think he ever sold any, he gave some to testers lol  Maybe you could shove a single LM301b strip in there on a driver with a dim switch? Anyway I am going off on one now - don't smoke and type lol 

It's a lovely cab mate, wish I had your DIY skills... Mine will be  a cardboard box with a PC fan I imagine lol 

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 4

On 07/11/2019 at 7:49 PM, InTheSystem said:

Maybe you could shove a single LM301b strip in there on a driver with a dim switch? Anyway I am going off on one now - don't smoke and type lol 

You got my brain thinking yesterday. Now I just ordered a 75w strip for the larger box, not even the box I set out for. I blame you and all the other LED users with their shiny lights. Probably will not make an appearance for the noodle but very excited. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

You got my brain thinking yesterday. Now I just ordered a 75w strip for the larger box, not even the box I set out for. I blame you and all the other LED users with their shiny lights. Probably will not make an appearance for the noodle but very excited. 

Awesome mate, you will be blown away and it will change your concept on lighting... I was well on the more watts is better, now Its an executive decision to even run my lights full blast. I am getting great growth on 46w lol 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

I am getting great growth on 46w lol 

Yeah I just needed a bit a pushing and have been watching yours and others. Obvious LED is a very good technology. The strip will give me 60cm x 30cm across the front of box but will need to be dimmed down. The MH/HPS will stay though. This next run I am going to fill the whole box up with plants as I will have the light spread. Exciting times but the noodles are smelling good. Will take some pictures tonight. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Yeah I just needed a bit a pushing and have been watching yours and others. Obvious LED is a very good technology. The strip will give me 60cm x 30cm across the front of box but will need to be dimmed down. The MH/HPS will stay though. This next run I am going to fill the whole box up with plants as I will have the light spread. Exciting times but the noodles are smelling good. Will take some pictures tonight. 

Don't watch my grows mate - they are cursed with voodoo! Cool your dipping your toes into LED. I am sure the MH/HPS won't last long after mate hehe Look forward to seeing your noodle update. 

• Like 3

So today is flower day 53. Things have been going along quite well. A few leaves yellowed off and were removed. The flowers are shaping up nicely and are what I had hoped for. One of the flowers still showing a bit of a toxicity. Not sure. 

large.IMG_20191109_212007_compress48.jpglarge.IMG_20191109_212042_compress51.jpglarge.IMG_20191109_212103_compress58.jpglarge.IMG_20191109_212224_compress94.jpg

• Like 10

Alright there @ROCKSTEADY6

The finish line is in sight, just over there look :eek:

What’s you plans for flushing? 

Great job mate, buds look absolutely mouth watering.

All Hail The King :notworthy:

Take it easy Jj :yinyang:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

The finish line is in sight, just over there look :eek:

What’s you plans for flushing? 

Yes getting close. 8 weeks today. I didn't have any plans for flushing, I didn't think it was needed in compost, maybe just a few plain waters before chop. Take it easy mate. 

• Like 3

That's an impressive board o' bud you've got there mate! Notes have been taken :chains:

The old noodle pot has to be the easiest flush you'll ever do, caught me off guard just how quickly they ate themselves with such little medium... like you've said, a few heavy plain waters and you'll be golden.

impressive stuff :notworthy:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, zabz said:

The old noodle pot has to be the easiest flush you'll ever do, caught me off guard just how quickly they ate themselves with such little medium... like you've said, a few heavy plain waters and you'll be golden.

I have taken note off this zabz mate, this is something I wouldn’t have thought off, an would have been doing the usual 7-10 day flush, now I think I’ll go for a 3-4 day flush...

• Like 4

be careful at this stage ,the resin on these is greasy ..prime stuff for mould if you get a sudden drop in temp or increase alongside humidity ..but it looks like you cracked the pot noodle challenge with aplomb ..

fantastic work and worthy of a bit of bling from the kingdom 

• Like 3

Yeah top work here.

Looking nice and healthy to,you've done a great job from start to finish. Proper,nice coloured fans and stocky buds,fantastic.

Why did I not do all 3 plants in noodle pots Wtf was I thinking going with 1,things we do hey.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 3