So happy My seeds have come

Jammo85

Just now, InTheSystem said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it! I have been germinating lately with the cup of water and straight into medium and am going back to the paper towel method. It is nice to have that visual of the tap root and you know they are winners.

That's the main reason I use this tech mate. I need to see those roots ;)

Nice to know they have cracked prior to planting as you just don't know what's going on under the surface  ;)

Just now, Jammo85 said:

the Dinafem seeds after have sprouted 

Now that's what we like to hear  :yep:

Just now, Jammo85 said:

As for the Fastbuds seeds the 5 that went through the exactly same process as the Dinafem seeds, same soil, same temps, same darkness..... 0 out of 5 have sprouted 

still early give them a few days before I can say 0/25 successful attempts of Fastbuds Stardawg 

Have you let the company know about these germination rates mate? I don't think FB are on UK but they must have a support department? 

Onwards and upwards  :headbang:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

I used to put them straight into the mix and they sprout just fine. :yep: Now though I pre soak in a seaweed solution for a day and then put them into the medium and them to get going a little bit quicker ;)  

On 6/20/2019 at 8:08 AM, Tenchie said:

Niceone @Jammo85  :yep:

Popped my Dinafem cherry this week too and ordered some female seeds.

x5 Blue Kush (recieved a free critical 2 )

Goodluck with this lot man.

Tenchie.

Think you'll like the Blue Kush Tenchie ...she's a lovely smoke and buzz which is really tasty :v: 

• Like 5

@botanics

Hello bud,hope your well.

Yeah my mate grew it this year and I had the pleasure of smoking her,the Mrs & i loved it,was pleasently surprised.

Will wait to winter before I give them a go and whack them under a 1k light.

Looking forward to seeing what I get from them.

Tenchie.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Have you let the company know about these germination rates mate? I don't think FB are on UK but they must have a support department? 

Yes mate, 

i only purchased 5 seeds with 5 free seeds 

which failed 

then the 2nd 10 came and failed following the germination process I linked earlier in this thread by their advice.

they sent another 10 seeds which will be the last they said

so I put 5 in same time and way as I did for the critical + and again they haven’t come up but critical are up and under lights now. 

Found a few others on UK that have had problems with Fastbuds, I must also state there’s been people who say they haven’t had any problems with them......strange 

• Like 1

Having a lot of stretch on the little new ones 

I have a 300w CFL dual spectrum light that’s about 9/10 inch above and it’s still stretching 

this dual spectrum bulb has half the bulb blue light and the other half redder light which you can tell the difference with the naked eye...

ive got the half that’s blue on the bottom closet to plants.... 

large.D622B01F-85D2-4707-BBF3-2309CF6D22F1.jpeg

im going to pot up now so they don’t snap.... 

any ideas ? 

@Dinafem-Mark

• Like 1

You need to get them supported mate before they topple over,potting them up will be a mare unless you can bury their stems abit.Or get some straws and cut them up the middle and make like a little jacket for them,this will support them,light needs to be closer too.

Atb.

Tenchie.

• Like 6

I have a 300watt enviro light that sits around 8" from any seedlings,just dont underestimate any heat from them,put the back of your hand between the top of them and the bulb,if its burning your hand its too hot for them too,maybe add a little oscalating fan to blow between them and the bulb,this is supposed to strenthen them up too.Just keep a very close eye on any changes,the light does need to be closer tho and they do need supports,so either straws or a little scewer to help them stay upright would be my solution.

Tenchie.

Straws like this bud.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/gallery/image/325636-two-weeks/&imageSize=large

Edited by Tenchie
Add pic
  • Like 2

I’ve potted up and moved closer......covered most of the stalk without snapping them....there’s a first for me lol. 

If they stretch again tonight I’ll change the light to the 600w HPS (I can turn that down to 200w? On the ballast can’t I? I’ve seen some people say you have to change the bulb for each setting 200w bulb for the 200setting 400w bulb etc etc, then I’ve seen people saying they’ve contacted the manufacturers and the 600w bulb can be turned down to 200w without changing bulbs, very confusing for a newbie like me) 

• Like 1

Thanks for the edit @Tenchie 

I missed that even tho I relied after the edit? Strange!! 

Brilliant idea, any more stretch and il be doing that, (I potted up carefully yesterday) 

• Like 2

On 26/06/2019 at 5:23 PM, Jammo85 said:

I’ve potted up and moved closer......covered most of the stalk without snapping them....there’s a first for me lol. 

If they stretch again tonight I’ll change the light to the 600w HPS (I can turn that down to 200w? On the ballast can’t I? I’ve seen some people say you have to change the bulb for each setting 200w bulb for the 200setting 400w bulb etc etc, then I’ve seen people saying they’ve contacted the manufacturers and the 600w bulb can be turned down to 200w without changing bulbs, very confusing for a newbie like me) 

The potting up will help as you've buried those stems down but with a cfl bulb your going get some stretch unless your 2-3 inches away :yep:

I would let them get settled, fire up the hps on 200w and work upto full power over the next 14 days until your at 600w ;)

That should work out perfect  :yep:

@Tenchie Thanks for the help my friend  ;)

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

Brilliant thanks @Dinafem-Mark

was trting fo avoid the hps as I’m a shed grower and the heat, but needs must il add more fans when the time comes, will follow your advice thanks again mark 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jammo85 said:

Brilliant thanks @Dinafem-Mark

was trting fo avoid the hps as I’m a shed grower and the heat, but needs must il add more fans when the time comes, will follow your advice thanks again mark 

It's just something I've always done mate. Cfl,s, T5,s etc are fantastic from germination to around day 10 then it's time for the big lights to come into play :yep:

Never had an issue even with 5-7 day old plants under full 600w hps, with that said probably not the best idea so ease them in gently with the ballast dialed down and you'll be fine ;)

I would try to get it to full power as fast as you can maybe over a 2 week period. Go from 200-400 then 600 that's if the outdoor temps are favourable  ;)

I'll keep dropping in as you update buddy  :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

Legend!! Even if the seeds died today I could honestly say this is the best service I’ve had off a seed seller!! 

Amazing mate!! Really happy with your help and the seeds 100% germination, that’s what you can Great seed quality!! 

Tomrrow il get set up on that HPS mate. Thank you for advice

• Like 1

On 28/06/2019 at 6:37 PM, Jammo85 said:

Thank you for advice

My pleasure mate  :yep:

Mark..