What does it smoke like?

Jibba jabba

Cured smoke report for the new:

Smell in the jar: Orange diesel with some creamy hazelnut thing going on in the background. Quite loud too. 

Ground up smell: similar to the jar smell but much more sharp and sour. 

Dry toke: Citrus and fuel. 

Flavour: Not as intense as the gorilla. I'd say its a 6/10 on flavour strength. It's sour hashy earthy with a little orange. Mouth coating is diesel. 

Potency: Effing strong. 9.5/10. I have to have a break for 30 seconds after the first hit to get into the groove. Huge headrush as soon as you inhale. I reckon a light smoker would puke, to be honest. 

Effect: I took her down a little early I think. Quite uplifting, psychoactive. Not the best for doing stuff though as its a very intense high. Alright for watching TV but not much more. Sends me to space to be honest. 

Overall, really nice. If anything, a little too strong! I'll give it 65 days or so next run and see if that mellows the effect a little. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Sargares said:

Effect: I took her down a little early I think. Quite uplifting, psychoactive. Not the best for doing stuff though as its a very intense high.

I reckon that'll change after a cure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mestizo said:

I reckon that'll change after a cure.

Been in the jar  4 weeks now man. I just don't see it mellowing out much more now. Imo, it's a 65 day + strain and I've pulled it early to harvest with the gorilla's. If you took it 10 weeks I think it'd be a good stoney hit. 

• Like 5

@Sargares I meant a bit longer than that geez. 4 weeks for me is just the start of a good curing process. I've had uppy strains mellow and sleepy strains become less so after a few months in jars. I like how the same var will do different things over the duration of time up until it browns off after a year or so.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mestizo said:

@Sargares I meant a bit longer than that geez. 4 weeks for me is just the start of a good curing process. I've had uppy strains mellow and sleepy strains become less so after a few months in jars. I like how the same var will do different things over the duration of time up until it browns off after a year or so.

Haha. Chances of it making it another month before all being gone are 0. Never mind 12! Only did one small plant this run. 

Also, I don't know what it is but I find fuelly strains don't keep. The smell and flavour just doesn't last. Might just be me though. 

• Like 3

@Sargares Fuelly strains change taste, strength, over time ime. They go through a range of changes. I have Headbanger jarred from end of April for instance. Has changed loads and is airtight with Boveda packs. White OG has changed. All phenos have changed. Like marriage, for better or worse.

I reckoned on your bud disappearing faster than an MP's resolve though. Haha. Good on ya, Glad you're having fun. I do wish people had a bit more bud so they can experience it after some time has passed. Is always the thing I sigh about, dreamily anyway. Haha. And obvs every one has their own unique endo-cannabinoid and receptor system. I always laugh that my mate's mrs can chuff some super hazey super sativa vars but he can't handle it and he can handle hybrids as long as they don't lean too far either way.

Another thing that makes me laugh when I think about is the mods who have to read newbies posts swearing this strain or that var is the shit when they're a year of growing in. The mods on here can occasionally appear like they know best but for the most part, they do. We're all only human and all quite capable of shitting the bed. lol

• Like 4

@Mestizo there's a sweet spot on the Headbanger for me. When it first comes down it's too diesely and by the end there's not much fuel left. There's a sweet spot I think where its the perfect balance of fuel and lime. Love that strain.  In my experience the cure brings the sweet smells forwards and the dirty ones die back a bit. 

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

the new

cure- 1 month

smell- floral, citrus, fuel

taste- inhale- floral 

exhale-fuel

effect- feel it immediate in the head then it settles down to the body. very euphoric, relaxing, takes you away.

On 9/5/2019 at 8:43 AM, Sargares said:

Sends me to space to be honest. 

i totally agree with sarg on this on.

hype- all new strains have hype, i think most of the discussion on this strain was about the price. i would pay full price for this strain and i stated the reasons in monkeypigs new diary. the new was the first grow with my new qb leds, looking forward to trying sargs pheno to compare it to my gsc pheno. cant wait to get this dialed in and do some pheno hunting, it is exceptional. highly recommend it, great pain relief. great job hso and sherb  :yep: :yep:

thanks mark for the chance to grow this lovely strain  :yahoo:

large.DSC03151.JPG

sam

• Like 9

Cool smoke report @samhigh, glad ur happy with the results off the grow, an The New has lived up to its hype, well played Hso & sherb’s, as all reports have been very positive so far...

Enjoy ur pheno hunt m8...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amo said:

glad ur happy with the results off the grow

thanks ammo, get you a pack and see for yourself, 

you will be glad you did. 

the report was one 1 pheno a gsc type pheno. i also had another pheno which was also gsc type x2 stretch which was an orange diesel taste with the same effects of the one in the report. have some clones of sargs pheno still vegging it dosent stretch much, but a perfect  veg partner for my pak.

sam

• Like 4

1 hour ago, samhigh said:

but a perfect  veg partner for my pak.

I have my first ever PAK in veg at min too, so to be ready just in time for Christmas, I sent u a pm to say I’d started it, not sure if you seen it, doesn’t matter m8 as I was thinking abt topping, but it wouldn’t be ready in time, so just normal lil Christmas tree this time lol 

I will try the new next year sometime as I have a few new to me HSO an Dinafem strain’s from mark to try first... 

• Like 4

On 04/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, Amo said:

I have my first ever PAK in veg at min too, so to be ready just in time for Christmas

Your in for a real treat with pak come Xmas time buddy ;)

@samhigh Thanks for the smoke report old friend  :yep:

Enjoy :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Alright there Uk420,

Hows it going? 

I hope your all well and smoking something nice, I know I am, well to be fair I am spoilt for choice, with The New, Green Crack and some Ff Ogkz filling my jars. 
large.50CD1091-6302-48B5-86C7-E54B451D8520.jpeg

So The New, for me this plant veged like an absolute wanker, give it a feed and it’s too much, leave it to dry out a bit longer and it complained, I nearly threw it away twice, long gangly thin and fragile, but it sure turned itself around in the flower period, with some really gorgeous buds.

On first harvesting the new plant it stunk just like an Og, into the drying cupboard for a while, I think it had about 15 days before it was trimmed and jarred, where it’s smell developed into a smell similar to the Gorilla Breath, like cereal but sweeter.

Before the cure the buds tasted very Og with the gassy inhale, but after a couple of weeks the og has died right down, but it’s still fairly evident, on the exhale I am noticing a very slight cookies taste, very slight mind.

The effect is as expected, fairly heavy head buzz accompanied by a i ain’t doing anything that involves moving for a bit unless it’s roll up another.

Am I impressed ?

Not really, don’t get me wrong it’s a stand out bit of weed, but then everything I have ever grown from Hso has been A1 Top shelf cannabis, not that the new isn’t a great bit of weed it just seamed to be particular of its growing conditions and the final result is fairly similar to some Og strains that I have grown and smoked before.

The bar is set so high with the general quality of Hso’s seeds I don’t think you have exceeded the usual standard, which brings be nicely on to, 

Would I be happy buying them?

Personally I think there are plenty of fish in the sea, so yeah I would be happy buying them, but in the same breath I would rather buy some Ogkz, which I definitely prefer.

Do I think they are worth more than any none sherbinski seeds?

No.

As I said in the beginning perhaps I am spoilt, I took a bit of The New around to a mates for him to try, (Cheers Mr T) he was very impressed with the quality effect and taste of it, he even asked me for a cut, so I think the bottom line is the New is a pretty amazing bit of bud and I am spoilt rotten.

:bangin: 

Many thanks to @HSO-Mark and the whole Humbolt team.

Now where did I leave that jar of Green Crack.

Take it easy. Jj 

:skin_up:

• Like 8

On 04/09/2019 at 2:06 PM, Geoff said:

Hi Rick,

Thanks so much. Great report.

Just what I'm looking for  ... a great positive mood enhancer but not too heavy.

I'm definitely going to give Blue Fire a try and I'll do a diary.

Yup, he/this sold it to me too, sounds ideal. 

Cheers for the review 

• Like 3