Nugs's 2019 HSO guerrilla diary

@jadenugs By the look of things Dedovered Haze Auto is looking much faster than our Auto OG Kush  ;)

Were they starred at the same time brother?

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 9:41 PM, HSO-Mark said:

@jadenugs By the look of things Dedovered Haze Auto is looking much faster than our Auto OG Kush  ;)

Were they starred at the same time brother?

Kind regards 

Mark..

Same time mate ;)

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 9:59 AM, badbillybob said:

plants are looking grand mate, especially given the weather we have been having.

Its been a crap summer so far, lets hope for some more sun in the next couple of months.

I dunno about tying them to the cages, to be honest, seems a bit risky, with more chance of them snapping at the tie, but its up to you, and I hope this doesn't happen, but im just thinking with all the mass at the top of the plant, if it starts swaying in a strong wind- well, you know

Hopefully im wrong , and hopefully the OG recovers. Your doing a great job of them so far

Cheers Billy, yeah the plants are staked to the ground mate, only the very top (last 6") was bent over and tied down to the cage on the OG#2. It never really did much but slowed it down a little I think ;)

• Like 3

26th July day 75

Hi dudes.
Went up the plot on Fri 26th and things were looking decent enough with some nice green healthy growth and flowers forming.
The plot on arrival, HSO's in the centre as shown in the diagram. Can't see the OG#1 at the back though.

large.5d441cadd7227_DSC_3954ER.jpg

So here's another from the back right of the plot with the plants labelled.

large.5d441d2f14d00_DSC_4004ER.jpg

And one from the back left.

large.5d441cdfaa7bf_DSC_3955ER.jpg

OG Kush auto#1
Unfortunately the broken stem never healed. Didn't think it would but the side branching that resulted from the accidental topping had gone for it and was making up for the loss, budding up nicely. Standing about 5 feet or just over. The dodgy top that I tried to repair was removed and the joint cleaned up a bit to try and prevent rot.

large.5d44230f95c00_OG1(1).jpg

One of the side branches.

large.5d4423383c319_OG1(2).jpg

And another, frosting up nicely. No signs of rot.

large.5d44235ea8a0c_OG1(3).jpg

OG Kush auto#2
Standing about 6 feet so needed to be bent again. When I bent the top over and tied to the cage last time, it had soon straightented out and never had much of an effect. It might have slowed it for a short while but not enough to keep it at bay. You can see the slight bend halfway up the main stem and just about make out the elastic band. This was removed and used again further up the plant.

large.5d442411a6ea6_OG2(1).jpg

The main top. Can't really see much of the buds though, with the leaves praying. Was a dull day.

large.5d44243a64a11_OG2(2).jpg

A side branch

large.5d442464195c9_OG2(3).jpg

And another. Nice frosting going on again. Loving the look of these OGs so far.

large.5d4424ad601b1_OG2(4).jpg

As mentioned earlier I bent her over again, as close as I could to the top and tied as far out as I could to hopefully avoid a breakage from the wind.
There's plenty of give in the elastic so fingers crossed. I'd have preferred to leave her but she could be seen over the brambles and I don't want to risk compromising the plot.

large.5d4424d4423db_OG2(5).jpg

Dedoverde Haze auto#1
A beautiful bush this one with some nice flowers coming along. A bit too dense for all this damp dull weather we're having so I removed a few of the fan leaves for some better airflow. I think I'll be removing a few more as well on the next visit.

large.5d442637305da_D1(1).jpg

Another pic of the whole plant cos she's pretty. About 4 and a half feet tall at a guess.

large.5d44258193208_D1(2).jpg

Her main top with a fair bit of frost appearing.

large.5d4425a7d22ba_D1(3).jpg

And a closer one. She smells fucking wonderful. Sweet, skunky and a bit of spice coming through now I think. Those of you who know me will know I'm not a big fan of autos but I think I've just about cracked it on getting them off to a good start so I might do some of these indoors over the winter months at some point in the future and see if I can get the best out of them. All depends if I like the smoke and the high though, and if I can get them off to a good start in cold attic temps.

large.5d4425d28bfbd_D1(4).jpg

Dedoverde Haze auto#2
This one stayed squatter than #1 but still a nice plant. One of the buds had some rot, you can just about see it to the left. So I cut it out, removed a couple of fan leaves and also removed the cage to let her breathe a bit.

large.5d4426a4ef539_D2(1).jpg

A couple of her top.

large.5d4426ced0f17_D2(2).jpglarge.5d44271a97e97_D2(3).jpg

And a closer one.

large.5d4427421e054_D2(4).jpg

I removed the lower cage damaged leaves and stems mentioned in the last update, from all the plants to reduce the chance of rot taking hold. I never got around to weeding the plot though as I was drenched in sweat and getting bitten to death by mozzies through my long sleeved top and even my jeans. Fucking nightmare lol

That wraps up this update.
Happy farming and be lucky :yep:

• Like 8

2nd Aug day 82

Went to the plot on 2nd Aug and what a difference a week makes in this shitty British summer. Rot on all my plants at the plot except the HSO OGs. The Dedo's both had rot but more so #2, it was covered. So I proceeded to remove as much as I could and salvage some very small buds.

OG Kush auto#1
This was the one that got accidentally topped. Had no rot whatsoever.
Sorry about the angle of this pic, it doesn't do her justice. Thinner colas than #2 because of the topping as was expected.

large.5d4cb431a78ec_OG1(1).jpg

A couple of lower tops.

large.5d4cb4486830e_OG1(2).jpglarge.5d4cb469ba319_OG1(3).jpg

OG Kush auto#2
Again, wrong angle for the pic and doesn't do her justice. Better pics in the next update. No rot, probably because the OGs are 5 and 1/2 feet tall with good internodal spacing and receiving more of a breeze. They've done very well to survive a whole week of rain and damp this far into flower. To be on the safe side I removed quite a few fan leaves from the centre of the plants to improve airflow.

large.5d4cb4903cd88_OG2(1).jpg

Her main cola that I bent over last visit.

large.5d4cb4a69c93a_OG2(2).jpg

A bit closer.
Nice amount of sweet fruity smelling resin.

large.5d4cb4bcc1bbc_OG2(3).jpg

Dedoverde Haze auto#1
Can't really tell much from this image but there were bits of rot on most colas, and with the buds being little elongated nuggets it was intermittent between them so was a bastard to go through it all removing the bits of rot in between. Ended up salvaging very small bits from between the rot. Bit gutted really cos the Dedos smell wonderful.

large.5d4cb5e9f14cc_DH1(1).jpg

Her main top. You can see what I mean about the rot, good bit, bad bit etc. Was a real pain doing the salvaging.

large.5d4cb60041c5a_DH1(2).jpg

Closer one of the good bit at the top, nice and resinous and just about ready. The trichs were mostly cloudy so I could have taken the whole plant but decided to leave it another 3 days (after looking at the forecast) and hope for a more ripe plant.

large.5d4cb615add37_DH1(3).jpg

Here's what was left after removing the rot affected parts.

large.5d4cb62e1f766_DH1(4).jpg

Dedoverde Haze auto#2
Well, as you can see, this little girl took a right hammering.
I chopped most of the plant, leaving just the very lower airy stuff and salvaged what I could, not much at all.

large.5d4cb65962bae_DH2(1).jpg

A couple of pics of her top. I think the Dedos could have done better in a different position at the plot. The position they were in doesn't receive any sun until about half 10 and that's on one of those few and far between good days lol At least the girls were kept nice and healthy until the rot hit so I don't feel like it's a failure. They've just had too much rain and not enough sunlight.

large.5d4cb66f67964_DH2(2).jpglarge.5d4cb6853cd2d_DH2(3).jpg

Here's what was left after removing the rot and salvaging some bits for a taste.

large.5d4cb69ac20f5_DH2(4).jpg

That wraps up this update. I left them with the intention of going back in 3 days time which I did.

Thanks for looking. Update soon :)

• Like 7

Can't believe how big and healthy these girls got.... You certainly have got a way with autos buddy! Sorry to hear about the rot! But impressive plants! :yep:

• Like 4

@jadenugs So sorry to read about the bud rot issues mate :( it's running rampant this year :(

Happy and healthy plant's ravaged by rot. Makes me mad this end of the screen so I can only imagine how you feel ;)

Keep you head up mate the seasons not over yet  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark Cheers dude, just one of those things that can't be helped, nature of the game :) 

They're down now, didn't wanna risk losing any of the OGs after losing most of the Dedos. I've still got a few Dedo buds to taste though and that's what counts :yep:

Got some updates to catch up with so there'll be plenty more pics ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

@HSO-Mark Cheers dude, just one of those things that can't be helped, nature of the game :) 

They're down now, didn't wanna risk losing any of the OGs after losing most of the Dedos. I've still got a few Dedo buds to taste though and that's what counts :yep:

Got some updates to catch up with so there'll be plenty more pics ;)

Glad they are down mate best to cut and run ;)

I'll be on the look out for some shots when the time comes :yep:

Not been a good season at all imo and I think most members would agree?

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

5th Aug day 85

I returned to the plot on the 5th, three days after the last visit and the OGs were still unaffected by rot. The remains of Dedo#1 was ok but more signs of rot were appearing so she had to come down.

Dedoverde Haze auto#1
The remains after cutting rot out on the last visit. You can't see any rot in this pic but it was starting to appear between the stalks and buds.
When the plants have suffered rot I'd normally cut the buds from the stalks to dry quicker and prevent more rot while drying, but temps were still high in my attic. Ambient 27.7C and 25C in the tent with extractor and intake running so I left the buds on short lengths of stalk, removed the fan leaves and gave them a rough trim on site.

large.5d54adab03f2c_DH1(1)ER.jpg

Some bud shots before she was cropped.

large.5d54adb5607b8_DH1(2)ER.jpglarge.5d54adbfee31e_DH1(3)ER.jpglarge.5d54adca4ecfe_DH1(4)ER.jpglarge.5d54add4444c2_DH1(5)ER.jpglarge.5d54addec301f_DH1(6)ER.jpg

OG Kush auto#1
A couple of pics of the plant from opposite sides. Still nice and healthy, no signs of deficiencies.

large.5d54adfd48c9d_OG1(1)ER.jpglarge.5d54ae0769be6_OG1(2)ER.jpg

Some bud shots.

large.5d54ae1162424_OG1(3)ER.jpglarge.5d54ae1c09891_OG1(4)ER.jpglarge.5d54ae35235df_OG1(5)ER.jpglarge.5d54ae3f4d2c7_OG1(6)ER.jpglarge.5d54ae499af30_OG1(7)ER.jpg

OG Kush auto#2
The buds were a bit fuller than on #1, probably because #1 was accidentally topped when I tried bending her. The phenos are very similar I think, I'll find out when I try them.

A couple of silhouettes.

large.5d54af002c0b3_OG2(1)ER.jpglarge.5d54af0a8b70b_OG2(2)ER.jpg

The whole plant, standing about 5 and 1/2 feet after previously bending her over and tying down. The elastic band held out ok providing some give in the wind. I normally use an old bike inner tube cut loops off it, wrap them around the stem and attached to twine, but couldn't find the inner tube. I was expecting the laccy band to perish in the sun (what sun!) but it was ok so I might use these in future because they stretch more than the inner tube, allowing more give.

large.5d54af15bb762_OG2(4)ER.jpg

A few shots of the main top.

large.5d54af1fc7dfb_OG2(5)ER.jpglarge.5d54af3d88a57_OG2(6)ER.jpglarge.5d54af4805daa_OG2(7)ER.jpg

A couple of lower branches.

large.5d54af5260474_OG2(8)ER.jpglarge.5d54af5ccdc51_OG2(9)ER.jpg

Closer one of the above.

large.5d54af752b962_OG2(10)ER.jpg

Some tops from higher up the plant.

large.5d54af9442e0e_OG2(13)ER.jpglarge.5d54af89deb62_OG2(12)ER.jpglarge.5d54af7f80b09_OG2(11)ER.jpg

The OGs together. #2 in the foreground, #1 at the back.

large.5d54b242dc224_DSC_4143ER.jpg

The OGs were left as they were with the intention of returning in another 3 days.
3 visits with 3 days between each is a bit risky for compromising the plot but needs to be done when there's dreaded rot about.
Another update soon, I've got a load of pics to sort out when I get time.

Happy farming and be lucky :yep:

• Like 5

8th Aug day 88

I went back to the plot 3 days after the last visit as planned and bits of rot were appearing so unfortunately the OGs had to come down. I was really hoping these two beauties would fatten up and finish without any mold but didn't want to risk losing them altogether. This happened to me in 2017 with a nice big plant that only had one rotten bud one week, and the following week there was only one bud on it that hadn't rotted! Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

#2 had fatter buds than #1 so I cropped that first and rough trimmed on site. All the while I was trimming it I was thinking of leaving #1 a bit longer but in the end decided to take her down too.

So basically this update is just a picture show before I cropped them. Not many pistils had withered but at least most of the trichs were milky. I'll do two posts as there's a fair few images.

OG Kush auto#1

large.5d5dc47714456_OG1(1).jpg

Tops.

large.5d5dc498ca2dd_OG1(2).jpglarge.5d5dc4a6de69c_OG1(3).jpglarge.5d5dc4c2539e6_OG1(4).jpglarge.5d5dc4d94f5d5_OG1(5).jpglarge.5d5dc4e757a02_OG1(6).jpglarge.5d5dc4f55897e_OG1(7).jpglarge.5d5dc50b91577_OG1(8).jpg

A few more taken with different camera settings.

large.5d5dc530522e3_OG1(9).jpglarge.5d5dc53e6f56d_OG1(10).jpglarge.5d5dc5eca5b52_OG1(11).jpglarge.5d5dc5fb4bc23_OG1(12).jpglarge.5d5dc61be3565_OG1(13).jpglarge.5d5dc6297bbb6_OG1(14).jpglarge.5d5dc63773b95_OG1(15).jpg

• Like 4

OG Kush auto#2

large.5d5dc65cc3ca2_OG2(1).jpg

Tops, main top first that I bent over'

large.5d5dc66ae3f7e_OG2(2).jpglarge.5d5dc678cc9e3_OG2(3).jpglarge.5d5dc6867a1f4_OG2(4).jpglarge.5d5dc6ae8fcf6_OG2(5).jpglarge.5d5dc6bce3498_OG2(6).jpg

Lower buds.

large.5d5dc6cd6cd85_OG2(7).jpglarge.5d5dc6dc3db37_OG2(8).jpg

Some tops with different camera settings again.

large.5d5dc721e8786_OG2(9).jpglarge.5d5dc72fac8e1_OG2(10).jpglarge.5d5dc73d2f3d3_OG2(11).jpglarge.5d5dc74a7ea19_OG2(12).jpglarge.5d5dc7590cc7c_OG2(13).jpglarge.5d5dc77969682_OG2(14).jpglarge.5d5dc7878e592_OG2(15).jpg

Lower buds.

large.5d5dc79673637_OG2(16).jpg

One to show a pre flower rotting and the mold spreading up the stem to the inner edge of a bud and then through the bud.

large.5d5dc7a46cf64_OG2(17).jpg

And the main top to finish off with.

large.5d5dc7b245370_OG2(18).jpg

Well it's been a shit season for me at this plot. All my eggs in one basket from 3 different breeders but it had to be that way. The wind blows through the plot quite well but it was that one week of storms and consistent rain that fucked the job up. All plants were affected by mold but the OG autos held out til near the end so they're defo one to think about for the future as they held out so well under the circumstances. I'm thinking of going back to photos at this plot next year and only having 4 plants with a bit more space between them. I've been scouting further afield and have found a couple of potential plots for next season. One is similar to this one vegetation wise but loads of rabbits nearby. The other looks like it will receive a lot more sunlight but I'll need to monitor it through the spring to be sure. I've not been there with a compass but I've a rough idea of where South is, by where the sun was at the time I visited. Hope I got it right. I'll check it out proper though with a compass and decide from there.

Everything is dry and curing. I'll update with dry bud shots and reports after a good cure. Best of luck to all who have photoperiods or late autos out, hope you get a good Indian summer and good crops :yep:

• Like 6

@jadenugs I've been getting a 2017 vibe from this season mate, nothing like last year with bud rot running rampant  :(

You made the right call buddy, if bud rot is there it won't take long to ravage the whole plant. Best to harvest and salvage what you can :yep:

Are all outdoor plants now down and drying brother? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark Defo a 2017 vibe dude, I remember it well with my Critical Jack, was a beauty of a plant too lol

I've just recovered the remains of the bottoms of the plants today, at 109 days so all is in now, some curing and some drying :)

Cheers bro :yep:

• Like 3