Nugs's 2019 HSO guerrilla diary

@HSO-Mark thanks dude. Yeah we're defo in need of some sunshine. The plants are doing good though ;)

13-6 Day 32

I managed to find a gap in the rain yesterday :yes: so of I went to see the girls.

I was pleasantly surprised to find them in good nick, nice and green with no insect damage that I usually get. The leaf coat must have done it's job. There's time yet though lol

They'd stretched like mad as expected with the lack of sunlight. Happy about that though as I'll be able to bend them over the cages sooner and promote side branching when they go into flowering stretch :yep:

OG Kush auto#1

large.5d0422c367a8f_OG113-6ER.jpg

OG Kush auto#2

large.5d0422cdbee7a_OG213-6ER.jpg

Dedoverde Haze auto#1

Most advanced on the lowest side branches so far

large.5d0422d93e7c9_DH113-6ER.jpg

Dedoverde Haze auto#2

This was the hungry looking one on plant out and has greened up nicely :)

large.5d0422e3b5d88_DH213-6ER.jpg

Plot shot

HSO in the middle row, back to front OG1, OG2, Dedo1 and Dedo2.

I did a bit of weeding around the plants after taking the pics and turned over the grass sods that I'd used for mulching. There were weeds growing back from them so I turned them over to starve them of light before they take hold. Hopefully the sun will come out and dry them out. I sprayed all the plants with Ecofective bug spray then it fucking rained again lol

I'll be trying to keep the weeds down more than usual to see if that helps keep the bugs away and hope for the best.

large.5d0422ee92820_plot13-6ER.jpg

That's all for now. Next update in a couple of weeks and hopefully they'll have had some decent sun.

Happy growing and be lucky :yep:

• Like 8

Really nice plot sir! 

Girls looking super happy. 

I'll be watching this for sure and hopefully learn a thing or 2. 

Will they be getting any further feed or has your amendment to the soil been sufficiant to see them through to harvest? 

What lat are you at? 

Also, I've noticed a lot of people on here buy seeds through the site or via the seedbanks/breeders rep on the forum. Isn't that a huge risk for Guerillas? Surely there are pigs on this forum scouting for large grows to bust? 

I'm surprised people are happy to have shared their address details with anyone that can link it to their diary... 

I'm total n00b so please do correct me accordingly. 

• Like 1

On 15/06/2019 at 1:01 AM, jadenugs said:

I was pleasantly surprised to find them in good nick, nice and green with no insect damage that I usually get.

By the sound and look of things this dire rain is not slowing your ladies down brother  :yep:

Maybe a little slower than normal but by no means slow, actually they look pretty good  ;)

Thanks for the plot update buddy  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 17/06/2019 at 7:52 PM, Stashmonger said:

Will they be getting any further feed or has your amendment to the soil been sufficiant to see them through to harvest? 

What lat are you at? 

@jadenugs This ones for you my friend  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 19/06/2019 at 7:18 PM, Stashmonger said:

Suspense is killing me... 

I'm sure he will be in when time permits mate :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 7:52 PM, Stashmonger said:

Really nice plot sir! 

Girls looking super happy. 

I'll be watching this for sure and hopefully learn a thing or 2. 

What lat are you at? 

Also, I've noticed a lot of people on here buy seeds through the site or via the seedbanks/breeders rep on the forum. Isn't that a huge risk for Guerillas? Surely there are pigs on this forum scouting for large grows to bust? 

I'm surprised people are happy to have shared their address details with anyone that can link it to their diary... 

I'm total n00b so please do correct me accordingly. 

Cheers mate and apologies for the very late reply, busy time of year for me :)

I've been back out and fed them some more, update to come.

I'm at lat 53.

I doubt pigs have the resources and time to be scouring these forums for small grows, they rely more on luck and grasses lol

As far as seed breeder's reps go, I don't think it would be good for business for them to employ dodgy dudes. I've been communicating with @HSO-Mark @Dinafem-Mark for 5 or 6 years now and he's a top bloke in my opinion and many others'. Very knowledgable and has been in the industry for years. I'm sure as you read around the boards you will see what a good rapport he has with everyone :yep:

As far as security goes, I'd advise you get a safe address or 2 or 3 for ordering your seeds. I know Mark deletes your details as soon as he's picked them up. He has to do to make room in his inbox lol

Welcome to the boards mate, stay safe and be lucky :yep:

• Like 2

On 6/17/2019 at 6:55 PM, Andromedian said:

Looking nice matey

:skin_up:

Cheers dude :yep:

On 6/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, Moobman said:

Nugs smashing it with the diary's this year going all Jorge Cervantes lol

Biting off more than I can chew again lol Got indoor diaries to start at the end of the month too, or when the attic cools down :wallbash:

• Like 3

4th July day 53

Hi folk, hope you're all well and your gardens are green :)
I couldn't get to my plot for a fortnightly visit as intended because I've been far too busy with other stuff. So my original plans of bending the plants over the cages nice and early went to shit.

It was a nice day on the 4th so off I went with some feed. 4 premixed bags for each of the seed breeder's plants at my plot, 12 bags in all. These bags consisted of 55g organic potash and 55g seaweed meal. Maybe a bit over the top with the potash but it should take a while to break down and get into the soil, as it was top dressed only. I took some PM OT bloom to feed them each 2L at 2ml/L to keep them happy in the meantime.

large.5d20834b6c8ef_FeedER.jpg

Here's the plot on arrival. Weeds starting to encroach again but the plants looking nice, green and healthy with not too much insect damage. The only problem was the wind was battering them against the sides of the cages and damaging the lower branches, also a little bruising to the main stems which could cause a rot problem later. I'll monitor the damage through the rest of the season and remove the damaged bits of the lower branches and leaves if needed. HSO are 2nd row from the left. Back to front OG#1, OG#2, DH#1, DH#2.

large.5d208328d043a_plotonarrivalER.jpg

I pulled the weeds and grass from the whole plot by hand. It would be easier to use the spade but there are stones kicking about that make noise.

large.5d2083347f1f5_plotweededER.jpg

OG Kush auto#1
A good size (was) for the onset of flowering, over a metre with plenty of side branching but a bit top heavy after the initial stretch in the first few weeks of no sun.

large.5d208355ede40_OG1(1)ER.jpg

About a week in I think, maybe longer.

large.5d20836723d46_OG1(2)ER.jpg

So I tied the main stem to the South (ish) to keep it stable, and bent the top over to the North, trying to keep the main stem in the centre of the cage. Unfortunately I was trying to lower her height by too much and my tie was too low on the stem  so she snapped instead of bending. I was using an elastic band at the end of the twine for more give, but the main stem was too hard and the wind didn't help. I really wish I could have got out to them a week sooner to do this job. Anyway, I splinted one side with a cane and twine, then added another cane and wrapped them both together. It was quite a clean break with only the outer skin on one side holding the two parts together so I very much doubt she'll repair herself. You can see how quickly the top half wilted. I'll just have to hope but if not, she's still a decent size without the top.

large.5d208379331ef_OG1(3)ER.jpg

OG Kush auto#2
Just a little bit shorter than #1 was before the breakage.

large.5d20838468029_OG2(1)ER.jpg

Around the same time into flower, a week or just over I think. Very similar in phenotype. You can see this one has some Capsid bug damage on the older leaves but the fresh ones are unaffected so I'm pleased about that as the buds will be unaffected when they form :)

large.5d20838ef37eb_OG2(2)ER.jpg

This time I was more cautious and tied both sides to hold the main stem in the middle of the cage. I would normally use 3 at 120 degrees but I didn't have enough canes to have 3 per plant and not enough time to go cutting twigs. You can see the damage to the leaves and stems I was talking about, and the slight damage to the main stem from the cage. If it's gonna be a breezy season at least I won't have to worry as much about rot. I then tied this girl down to the top of the cage, but only the very top where the stem was supple. I'll adjust it some more on the next visit. Sorry, didn't get a pic of the finished job.

large.5d20839d760bf_OG2(3)ER.jpg

Dedoverde Haze auto#1
Lovely looking girl and looks like the Capsid bugs don't like her. A little bit shorter than the OGs. The Dedo's were the most noticable in smell when moving around them. Smelling sweet and skunky is all I can say for now. Some nice side branching going on.

large.5d2083b498f47_DH1(1)ER.jpg

Around 2 weeks in I'd say. I'm not that good at telling if I haven't switched lamps to 12/12 and don't know the strain lol I didn't bend her, just secured her main stem to the centre of the cage like with the others.

large.5d2083c83c5cd_DH1(2)ER.jpg

Dedoverde Haze auto#2
This was the pale looking one on plant out and look how nicely she's greened up :) Shorter than the other and defo didn't need bending. No noticable Capsid damage and a strain to think about for the future at this plot if I like the smoke and yield.

large.5d2083d39a2ed_DH2(1)ER.jpg 

Similar to the other in flowering stage but looks like she's frosting up quicker.

large.5d2083dee93fb_DH2(2)ER.jpg

Plot shot as I left it.
This pic doesn't really do them justice with the angle, wind and light, so they don't look as bushy but I like to leave a pic of the plot on entry and on exit. You can see they are stable in the centre of the cages now. I just hope I haven't tied them too taught, I didn't have enough elastic bands to use 2 per plant and they would probably perish in the sun anyway. I used bowline knots on the twines to stop the knots slipping and tightening around the stems.

large.5d20833fa2ac2_plotasleftER.jpg

I was tempted to spray them again with Ecofective, as the day had turned hazy and dull when I'd finished but I went against it, with them starting to flower and the fresh bud leaves having no damage. I reckon the Capsids have fucked off to the corn fields early, or I'm hoping so lol Also there were a few Ladybirds on the plants along with their predator offspring. Don't wanna kill them now do I :)
So that wraps up this update.

Happy farming and be lucky :yep:

• Like 6

@Smelly Cat Thanks pal. I've only ever grown a single plant of OG and that was Dinafem's photoperiod. It was a hard hitter and hit right behind the eyes.  I'm quite looking forward to trying a different version and hoping for something maybe a bit more relaxing lol 

• Like 3

plants are looking grand mate, especially given the weather we have been having.

Its been a crap summer so far, lets hope for some more sun in the next couple of months.

I dunno about tying them to the cages, to be honest, seems a bit risky, with more chance of them snapping at the tie, but its up to you, and I hope this doesn't happen, but im just thinking with all the mass at the top of the plant, if it starts swaying in a strong wind- well, you know

Hopefully im wrong , and hopefully the OG recovers. Your doing a great job of them so far

• Like 2

On 06/07/2019 at 0:10 PM, jadenugs said:

I doubt pigs have the resources and time to be scouring these forums for small grows, they rely more on luck and grasses lol

As far as seed breeder's reps go, I don't think it would be good for business for them to employ dodgy dudes. I've been communicating with @HSO-Mark @Dinafem-Mark for 5 or 6 years now and he's a top bloke in my opinion and many others'. Very knowledgable and has been in the industry for years. I'm sure as you read around the boards you will see what a good rapport he has with everyone :yep:

You would hope the old bill could have better things to do than browse UK420 but, you never know and I always take members information very seriously. As soon as I've passed to shipping it gets totally wiped from any system I'm using. Best to be safe :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1