Nugs's 2019 HSO guerrilla diary

All the best for 420 dudes and welcome to my 2019 guerrilla garden. Feel free to join me on my adventures and let's hope it's an exciting and successful experience.
I'm not sure what's being planted yet as I'm always late to the show and my life is in turmoil, too much going on. let's change that to Terra turmoil lol

One thing for sure is it will involve HSO and Dinafem. There maybe some Female seeds.nl

I've been out to my usual plot 1 on the 10th and 11th April and prepped it up ready for 10 autos. I'm not a big fan of autos but anyone who follows my diaries will know I now only feel confident in growing autos at this plot due to past experiences of people shooting close to my plot in October while I'm cropping. So the plan is for the grow to be completed by late August, late September at the latest. This is when the shotguns usually start blasting.

I do have another plot I used last year which didn't do very well. I'm not sure how much sunlight it gets throughout the day because of surrounding trees and the soil is very sandy. Pesky rabbits are in abundance too. I'm pretty certain it didn't do very well last year because of drought and it being awkward to get water there stealthily. I was thinking of prepping it in the next week or two and maybe throwing some photos in there but tbh I'm not sure it's worth the extra hassle and work getting water there on a regular basis. So this season I think I'm gonna risk all my eggs in one basket at plot 1 just for the fun and excitement of it. If it's successful that's a bonus ;)

The story so far
I always used to turn the whole of plot 1 over to keep the weeds down and insects as far from my plants as possible but after a couple of year's break I returned and just dug holes. After my plants getting hammered with capsid bugs etc for the last two seasons I said I would go back to turning the whole plot over. Well I never did lol Instead I decided to scrape the top layer of weeds to keep the insects at bay, wishful thinking? We'll see :)

A couple of months ago I visited the plot to make sure everything was in order, all my gear was still there and no signs of human activity. All was fine. Cages, canes, copper collars, spade and water containers still in their place buried under the brambles :)
So on April 10th I returned and got to work.

Here's the plot from my usual entrance. You can see a trail through the nettles made by foxes. I know it's foxes because I was crouched there tending my plants once and a cheeky fucker strolled past me within feet, along the same path between my plants. It's a great feeling when you're being that stealthy that wildlife comes within such close proximity and doesn't even bat an eyelid. As long as it's not deer or rabbits ;)

large.5cbb08d433fa2_DSC_3350ER.jpg

The plot with the top layer scraped. Grass, nettles and weeds in piles.

large.5cbb08e3e2a3e_DSC_3352ER.jpg

The piles moved to the sides to aid marking the spacing of holes and avoid roots falling back into the holes. I like to have about a metre between plants. The plot measures about 4m x 3m.

large.5cbb08edda5c5_DSC_3353ER.jpg

I'd only taken one bale of coco so I only dug 5 holes. I left the front left space free (That's where I do my initial trim when I harvest). The holes are 1.5' square and just less than 1.5' deep.

large.5cbb08fa5b109_DSC_3354ER.jpg

I took a bale of coco that expands to 70L, broke it up and shared it between the 5 holes so that's about 14L per hole. In the past when I left coco on the surface for the rain to wet (at another plot), I left it too long and went back to find most of the coco blown away in the wind lol This time I decided to wet the coco with some ditch water I'd collected in a container and cover it up with the loose soil from the holes. Plus there was no rain due.

large.5cbb090f7dc8e_DSC_3355ER.jpg

The holes filled in and left to settle

large.5cbb0919880c4_DSC_3356ER.jpg

Covered back over with the weeds for stealth and mulch. This visit was 2 hours work.

large.5cbb092910dd2_DSC_3357ER.jpg

I returned the day after, April 11th armed with another 70L compressed bale of coco and 10 bags of feed, each containing:

Organic potash pellets 40g
Organic bone meal pellets 50g
Seaweed meal 50g
Calcified seaweed 70g
Chicken shit pellets 120g
No FBB yet. This will be added on plant out when the chicken shit has had time to metabolise, or at a later date and no more often than once a month at 50g. It might not even be needed, with autos having a short life. There might be enough feed in there to see them through.

large.5cbb095bea1b6_DSC_3372ER.jpg

I then moved the weed mulch out of the way and dug another 5 holes in the right hand side of the plot.

large.5cbb096f7ccad_DSC_3373ER.jpg

I'd found a decent sized container not far away and decided to wet the coco in the container this time and let it expand so that I wouldn't have to dig it up again when it's expanded, to mix it in. The coco was shared into the 5 holes just so I could see that it was shared equal(ish) between them. It was then removed and placed next to the backfill so it could be mixed in equally with the feed and soil. The holes were backfilled in layers. a layer of coco, then soil, then mixed feed. I mixed the 3 layers by hand before adding another 3 layers and mixing again, and so on until the holes were filled.

large.5cbb097d884de_DSC_3374ER.jpg

I didn't get pics of the layers because my gloves were soaked through with ditch water and coco. It had soaked through to my hands and I didn't want to dirty my camera. You get the drift though.
Next I uncovered the first 5 holes from the previous day and dug them out again to retrieve the coco. It had expanded better than I thought so the water must have soaked in quite a bit before draining away. All I had to do was crumble the lumps in my hands and there weren't many dry spots left. I then repeated the layered backfill process and covered the whole plot back over with cammo. This was a 3 hour visit, so 5 hours work in total over the two days.

The plot fully prepped and covered back over. There's brambles at the back end of the plot that you can't see in this picture. At the top right beyond this picture there is a low spot in the brambles which could pose a stealth problem. I rooted some willow clones and placed them in small pots of compost at the end of last season so I'll take these at some point and plant them in the low spot. Hopefully they'll take well to the soil, get some roots down and grow at the same rate as my plants or quicker. The water table is quite high here and I've never had to water my plants until the drought of last year and I learnt my lesson by not getting water to them. This year I hope we have enough rain to get the willow roots established. If not I'll water them each visit when I water my plants and hope for the best. I know willow grows better when close to a water source but I'm not sure how wet the soil needs to be if not close to a water source.

large.5cbb0987999b6_DSC_3378ER.jpg

That's all for now. I'll update when I know what strains I'm planting. I hope to be germinating by April 30th or a little sooner :)

All the very best to all you other outdoor farmers, be that guerrilla, glass or garden. I hope you all have a great season and your gardens are green and healthy :yep:

Keep it green :bong:

• Like 13

On second looks the soil looks beautiful. @jadenugs Ive seen some of your work in the hydro section. Great stuff. I'll be watching.

Edited by Tommy tucker
  • Like 3

Looking good :)

Ive got a low spot at one of my plots, was wondering what to put there as the ground isnt great.  Gorse grows there but it is slow as fuck so want to fill it in with something quicker.  Was gonna stick bramble roots in thought it would be easiest.  How come youre gonna try willow?  Does it grow fast?

Good luck :)

• Like 2

On 4/21/2019 at 9:12 AM, Tommy tucker said:

your work in the hydro section

Thanks for looking in mate but that won't be me in the hydro section, I've never done hydro :)

@beezee Cheers dude :yep:

@mr_git Bramble roots will do fine mate, dig up the full root crown and plant it where you want and it should take well ;) There are some willow hybrids that grow really fast, used for wind breaks and landscaping and AFAIAA normal hedgerow willow grows quite fast. Willow is piss easy to root just by cutting a branch and putting in water, it can root by just pushing the branch into the ground but I haven't tried that and I suppose the ground would have to be quite wet for a prolonged period.  I've read that water that's had willow soaking in it can be used as a rooting hormone for other plants.

Gorse grows in well draining soil so I woudn't know if willow will do well there. You could try it though. I have read that it needs to be kept quite wet for the first year when grown from a cutting, which is why I took my cuttings at the end of last season and kept them at home to keep an eye on them. Hope this helps mate and good luck. Maybe try the brambles this season and establish some willow cuts at the end of the season for next season? If you go down the willow route bear in mind they grow big and wide if spaced well when planting. My low spot in the brambles is facing NW so I'm lucky there but I will have to prune them as they grow wider and block the sun as it's going down in the West.

• Like 4

@jadenugs Getting his HSO outdoor grow thread up and running  ;)

Your seeds for both your HSO and Dinafem grows are on the way brother  :yep:

Good luck this season mate. Really glad you decided to join in the fun ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 25/04/2019 at 8:10 PM, jadenugs said:

@HSO-Mark Thanks bro, it's all coming together now, getting buzzing :D

Can't beat the excitement of a guerrilla grow :bong:

Have your seeds landed buddy @jadenugs?

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

@Dinafem-Mark Sorry for the late reply dude, been mega bogged down.

They haven't arrived yet so hopefully they'll be here Tuesday and I can get them started.

Cheers mate :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jadenugs said:

hopefully they'll be here Tuesday

I thought Saturday had been and gone, was baked lol

They still haven't arrived today though. If they're not here by Tues I'll let you know. Cheers bro :smoke:

• Like 2